Estes | Is Estes Express Lines For Sale

Been Hearing Estes Is For Sale From Other Linehaul Drivers...any Body Else Heer The Same.

Of course it's for sale!!! If you owned a dog that doesn't play well with others, and bites the hand that feeds it, wouldn't you sell? Of course the dog food is the cheepest on the market......

Estes wouldn't sale when he had the chance last time he is going to ride it to the bottom. When you work hard and earn something you take care of it. When something is given to you you just don't understand how to care for it.

Estes wouldn't sale when he had the chance last time he is going to ride it to the bottom. When you work hard and earn something you take care of it. When something is given to you you just don't understand how to care for it.

Hey slow ride, The last two sentences sounds a lot like G.I. We built the company. Then it was basically given to him. And he just doesn't understand how to care for it.......

well apparently all of you great GI drivers couldnt take care of it either thats why Rob was able to buy it so cheap

well apparently all of you great GI drivers couldnt take care of it either thats why Rob was able to buy it so cheap
Another mouth before facts. I'll let the ex-GI's answer this one!

Seems from what I've been told, Estes had GI in their pocket for years before the buyout and made a final move when they did it.

After all of those years of being over GI with funds, equipment etc, you'd think they would have spent some time learning how the west coast works. But noooooooooooo. Went in blind with the buyout, sent the suits and attorneys out there so they could figure out how deep they could screw there employees. Then got rid of a dispatch that could run things 100 times fold better than they are now.

Sorry, but you put your words before the facts and I'm sure you'll hear some more from the western boys about this one.

Well put mt we just don't care anymore, just about our fellow comrads

one could make the argument that since estes had 51% controlling interest in GI, instead of buying them out from the get go, that they did not have the money for a full buyout from the start.

Seems from what I've been told, Estes had GI in their pocket for years before the buyout and made a final move when they did it.

After all of those years of being over GI with funds, equipment etc, you'd think they would have spent some time learning how the west coast works. But noooooooooooo. Went in blind with the buyout, sent the suits and attorneys out there so they could figure out how deep they could screw there employees. Then got rid of a dispatch that could run things 100 times fold better than they are now.

Sorry, but you put your words before the facts and I'm sure you'll hear some more from the western boys about this one.

HAHA now thats funny.

well lets see if for years i was giving money to a comapny so they dont go broke, and they throw it away every chance they get, i would take control and run the company the way that Estes has too!!

and please dont try and sell that LMI was a better dispatch. OMG that is laughable :D

and yes they went in blind on the buy out. i do have to say that they should have been keeping better track of thier money and what was going out west.

and from what i hear the reason that Estes took so long to finaly take control was due to contracts that had to expire prior to the take over. i hear that, i am not saying its true but thats what i heard and it makes sence to me so i believe it :D

You Win You Win

HAHA now thats funny.

well lets see if for years i was giving money to a comapny so they dont go broke, and they throw it away every chance they get, i would take control and run the company the way that Estes has too!!

and please dont try and sell that LMI was a better dispatch. OMG that is laughable :D

and yes they went in blind on the buy out. i do have to say that they should have been keeping better track of thier money and what was going out west.

and from what i hear the reason that Estes took so long to finaly take control was due to contracts that had to expire prior to the take over. i hear that, i am not saying its true but thats what i heard and it makes sence to me so i believe it :D
YOU WIN YOU WIN I bow to your superiority. i never knew I and everyone else could be so dum-witted. So Mr. Estes, all these posts are all yours. We'll never get anything intelligent here. Adios, too-daloo. Keep spewing your poo. I'm outta here

HAHA now thats funny.

Dispatch was terrible before and is not better now. Most GI`s thought it would be alot better with dispatch but it is worse. We wait now and do not get paid and are told to sit there until the other driver shows up, whenever that is. This does not happen to me now, but it was and it sucks. And every driver that it happens to now will tell you it sucks.
Estes has rules set out for delays, and do not care. Estes breaks those rules everyday. This is a sore subject with me, but is only one issue.

Dispatch was terrible before and is not better now. Most GI`s thought it would be alot better with dispatch but it is worse. We wait now and do not get paid and are told to sit there until the other driver shows up, whenever that is. This does not happen to me now, but it was and it sucks. And every driver that it happens to now will tell you it sucks.
Estes has rules set out for delays, and do not care. Estes breaks those rules everyday. This is a sore subject with me, but is only one issue.

im so proud of you

MT tell me something and Im not trying to bust anyone balls I would like to know what the difference is between west and east freight systems as far as I know freight is freight you put it on a truck haul it up the road put it on a city truck and deliver the stuff.And before ya say I dont know the west let me say I lived in CA.for 10 yrs also CO.NM.and AZ.Im also looking to move back out west sometime soon so maybe you could also tell me what would be a good term. to P&D out of.THANKS

Jim, I hear what your'e saying but your'e blaming dispatch for something that is out of their control. The problem with turn drivers not meeting together is much more complicated then a dispatcher error. P&D drivers starting later and later on their routes, and getting to their pickups later and later starts the domino effect. The dock breaks the freight too late to make gate times etc. etc. And they do this with the city drivers to make sure they don't reach 48 hrs by the end of the week. Then the line driver gets shafted at his meet waiting for free. These were not issues withG.I. They payed the man for his time. And to my little buddy JIMBOB, Your'e like my little pimple faced kid brother. I try to teach you that it is not cool to pick your nose and eat your boogers. But you can't help your self! It would help your pro estes stance if your statements were historically factual. G.I. was very profitable when it was owned by Frank Dunn. And when it was owned by Carolina. So much so that our profits out west were helping counter their declining profits. After Arkansaw Best Corp. merged with Carolina, they severed those long trail freight lanes from us, and handed it all off to ABF. Overnight we became a west coast regional carrier again. With minimal regional freight. We couldn't grow on our own during those years. Carolina pulled our strings. We got customers that ship back east. But we have no one to hand it over to now.That was when our president Dave T. struck a deal with Estes. It was supposed to be a partnership with LME, G.I., Estes,and Overland for Canadian freight. They called this Translink. We had a new sugar daddy. And they did keep us alive and left us alone for quite a while. But the more loans they gave G.I. The more control they started implementing. Inch by inch we were looking more like Estes. I'm not blaming the man for protecting his investment. I blame him for the way he did it and is still doing it. So JimBob to make a long story even longer. We had been a profitable, viable company for many years, under some trying times I might add. But it's pretty tough to remain financially strong when you fill your trailers with low paying Home Depot and Bed Bath & Beyond freight. This sounds like a simplistic answer to what should be a complex problem. But I really think it's that basic.

It was Jr's dad that planned it all. A much better man when it came down to running a company and taking care of his employees. And it will be all Jr's doing now. And history shows what happens when someone builds greatness and leaves it for family.