Estes | Is estes the best company you have worked for

I would say that Estes is the most mismanaged company on this planet!! The pay could be up there with some of the other carriers, but I think the mismanagement, and the lack of management is what is killing Estes!!!

is estes express lines the best company you have worked for best pay best mangers to deal with

there is no management!!!! drivers do what they want, as well as the office personell. all a supervisor is, is someone with a title who is way underpaid and gets no respect! the inmates run the asylum. the more you do the more they want. if your useless, then you do whatever you want!!!!!!!

I voted yes, and to tell you the truth I have been with them since the buy out and was with G.I 18 years prior to that, so really cant compair Estes to any other trucking company other then G.I, and to me I still make the same great money, treated fairly, kept my senority, and I'm home with my family on the weekends. One thing that did improve for me was the health Insurance. You CA guys always had an hmo, but the rest of us had a crappy PPO. Now with Bluecross the coverage is awesome, and at my age that is a biggy!!!

As far as Management goes, I have worked for quite a few TM's and Operations people over the years. Yeah, I have had to do things I didn't want to do over the years but tried to keep smiling through it all, and so far it seems to work for me. I know it's the same everywhere else in this industry. If you look hard enough you'll find a reason to complain. I have long time friends with Viking (Now Fed Ex) CF (now working for Roadway), CWX, Action (now Saia), and we all have our moments where work tends to suck. This industry has changed so much over the past 10 years, and not for the better. Things are bad all over, layoffs, cut runs, just look in the other boards. But I havent lasted this long by being pissed off at everything and everyone. I'll continue to come into work, do my job to the best of my ability, and go home knowing I gave it my all. No employer is perfect, and we all have our own faults. One of my worst faults was taking a bad attitude into work with me. You know; fight with the old lady, sitting in commute traffic for 2 hours, etc. I learned it wasn't worth building up my blood pressure!! I now leave work at work, and home at home. Lord knows I'm not perfect, I do still have my bad days.

I voted yes, and to tell you the truth I have been with them since the buy out and was with G.I 18 years prior to that, so really cant compair Estes to any other trucking company other then G.I, and to me I still make the same great money, treated fairly, kept my senority, and I'm home with my family on the weekends. One thing that did improve for me was the health Insurance. You CA guys always had an hmo, but the rest of us had a crappy PPO. Now with Bluecross the coverage is awesome, and at my age that is a biggy!!!

As far as Management goes, I have worked for quite a few TM's and Operations people over the years. Yeah, I have had to do things I didn't want to do over the years but tried to keep smiling through it all, and so far it seems to work for me. I know it's the same everywhere else in this industry. If you look hard enough you'll find a reason to complain. I have long time friends with Viking (Now Fed Ex) CF (now working for Roadway), CWX, Action (now Saia), and we all have our moments where work tends to suck. This industry has changed so much over the past 10 years, and not for the better. Things are bad all over, layoffs, cut runs, just look in the other boards. But I havent lasted this long by being pissed off at everything and everyone. I'll continue to come into work, do my job to the best of my ability, and go home knowing I gave it my all. No employer is perfect, and we all have our own faults. One of my worst faults was taking a bad attitude into work with me. You know; fight with the old lady, sitting in commute traffic for 2 hours, etc. I learned it wasn't worth building up my blood pressure!! I now leave work at work, and home at home. Lord knows I'm not perfect, I do still have my bad days.

you are home with the family only on weekends? why? you only see them two days out of the week but find enought time to do 15 post a day are you estes pr person none of your post or threads has any info on what is going on in the company nothing on how to better yourself nothing but a bunch of crap

you are home with the family only on weekends? why? you only see them two days out of the week but find enought time to do 15 post a day are you estes pr person none of your post or threads has any info on what is going on in the company nothing on how to better yourself nothing but a bunch of crap

LOL LOL LOL FRIGGIN LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hide: 119 post in ten days you should see your family more!

LOL LOL LOL DOUBLE FRIGGIN LOL!!! Him and the rest of his possee have come here to saturate the postings with wacky humor, silly subjects, inaccurate statements, misleading information in an attempt to drown out the facts that some of us are trying to share with other concerned drivers. Drivers who are using this forum to help themselves understand who they are working for. And to help them decide what to do about correcting the issues that they find unacceptable. What a concept. Using facts to help people. I know it seems negative most of the time. But if Estes would give us something positive to post, I would be the first to post it. Elvis out....