is everybody back?

john's problem is his style is short term...the thing is if your style is intimidation..it works immediately, but people begin to resent and rebel....so his style is effective , but not for a long term objective

time to clean up linehaul for the better of the company.if they cant get the freight to move the way it is supposed to,then they should be moved themselves..higher ups need to look at whats really going on..no reason we cant do the best job but we as drivers only are doing what we are told, no matter how backwards it is and the lack of common sense

linehaul

they move loads according to revenue, not tonnage. If a trailer is full, it goes. Not with NEMF. They lowballed so much now the fereight doesnt pay to move so they sit on it until they need to move a body in that direction, then they give him the load to take. They dont care about service, never did.

Arthur F. was a helluva guy! He was indeed a puppet. When he got demoted I believe he also became disgruntled. He spent many years in the trenches at NEMF and deserved better!

Arthur was always a pawn. I know you JL is but who is BN?????

Last name sounds a lot like:

sarah_palin2.jpg

:tapedshut:

Looks very much like:

DeVito.jpg

What is a reasonable amount of o/t?

Last Wensday a p&d driver was fired for refusing to back out after 8 1/2 hours . This not is not the first time time his driver refuse work. Last time was a bad strom he like where he was going & punch out& went home. He was given a week off.
But the question we ll have is what is enough o/t.We thought it was 2 hours a day.But now they telling us what ever it takes to cover the work.I just want to check with other termimals to see what they say.

Last Wensday a p&d driver was fired for refusing to back out after 8 1/2 hours . This not is not the first time time his driver refuse work. Last time was a bad strom he like where he was going & punch out& went home. He was given a week off.
But the question we ll have is what is enough o/t.We thought it was 2 hours a day.But now they telling us what ever it takes to cover the work.I just want to check with other termimals to see what they say.

Drunk? :guiness:

Does P&D have to take a 10 hour break?

look at it this way...imagine telling the customer....sorry we miised ur pick up/delivery because pablo felt he worked enough today...these days it dont work like that... but fellas it all boils down to communication.....if all is communicated correctly mishaps like that one can be avoided

i guess i'll make it easy for u...theres no such thing as a 9-5 truckin job.you dont tell them the hours you want..you bid on the hours they need to service the customers.....
oh by the way todays paper had no trucking jobs in it...so i'll make it easier..do your job and like it. or the alternative is a non union gig..and consider ur self lucky becasue you would have had a reduction in pay if you did.........hows that ?

10 hours off

Drunk? :guiness:

Does P&D have to take a 10 hour break?

All drivers must have 10 hours off duty from their last puch out. They can not do any work during that 10 hrs off , that means any ( dock, yard, 7-11 store ). This is a Federal Law.:shift:

Hey NEMF,
One of us is confused;

Your thinking the driver refused to come back to work with only 8.5 hours off.

I'm thinking he's saying the driver worked 8.5 hours and refused to go make more pickups. you can legally work up to 14 hrs.

last night i was asked to go back out but when i told them i had plans , i got the look..but hey i've done my share of 14 hr days even some 14.5..one day of not going back out i think they can live with it since im sure for the rest of the week i will be going back out...but the contract say you work a guranteed 8 with some overtime everynight meaning probably the 10 hrs a day they want you to work i believe..