Is Fedex saving that much money on purchase trailers??

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by LTLlife, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer Speedy Freightshaker #411

Logistically, long haul freight is a pain because you either need volume or time to make it worthwhile. Especially when trying to balance freight movement in all directions.

2. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

I would think team, Somebody Done Somebody Wong-Song.....and I've never been a fan of eating dog, they don't call it Chicken Chow Mein for nothin'!!!

3. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

Hey now I ain't no home wrecker... I would never daRe get in between BRG and Wong...

4. redracer3368

redracer3368 Member

I spent 5 years going to that rat hole from Conway, AR. They quit running the multimodal (at least that is what they told us) because the rail delay was killing them for on time deliveries. They usually run those back and forth between North Memphis, Memphis and to West Memphis. West Memphis breaks the majority of all outbound freight. Miget sized dock and it is a zoo trying to do the weights and measure thing and still maintain the mandatory 7-8 bills per hour. That place is truely hosed up. Liked it better at Memphis when road board was over there, bigger dock and some folks who actually knew how to move and load freight. It's all a numbers game now.

5. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium Well-Known Member

It's all a numbers game now......
    You act like this is a new thing.

6. nasvegas

nasvegas Active Member

What FedEx isn't telling you is they charge almost twice as much money to haul freight to back haul lanes because of the empties coming back. So if you charge extra because of empties and you don't pull them back well its raining $$$$$$$$. Meanwhile the customer thinks they are paying more to Florida,east coast, etc etc,because of empties but its purchase that's looking for a load out of a back haul lane.....

7. Redracer3136

Redracer3136 BANNED

That's called a smart business model and every LTL and TL company does this...everyone charges a premium to the New England states, Florida, etc because they consume more than they produce, it's not rocket science.