Is Former Con-way leadership hired at NEMF pressuring drivers to be unsafe?

1tdriver

Could it be possible? God rest those poor souls involved, but I certainly hope it wasn't in the name of efficiency or profitability.........Hours of service records, pre-trip documents, equipment records, and experience as a driver will only determine the truth.

im very friendly with one of your drivers that runs the same area as I do and he said something to me that would support your thinking. he mentioned to me how on more than one occasion where management were letting the roadmen know that the frt. has got to get to the terminals faster. hopefully they weren't pressuring anyone to be unsafe cause if that's the case, you drivers have got to stand up !

the company can want whatever they want, but once you pull out of the gate, "you're the captain of your ship". you get there when you get there, and not a minute before. if anyone lets a supervisor tell them how to drive, they're a fool. anyone that's had a cdl long enough for the laminate on their liscense cool off knows that if you get caught doing something illegal, no matter who told you to do it, it's your livelyhood on the line, not the airhead supervisor or manager that knows nothing of DOT regs. if you're pressured to run illegal in some way, tell the person telling you to do that it's against dot rules. if they insist, tell them to put it in writing. they won't, but they'll back off. if this manager or supervisor is bold enough to put it in writing, still refuse to do whatever it is. take the paper, make a few copies and send it up the food chain to safety and such. finding a new job is easy, esp if you still have your cdl and it's clean.

D.o.t

After an accident like this having two linehaul drivers killed, I would think that the D.O.T will be all over NEMF's records

yes DOT requested all the logs. Needless to say the company will be paying quite a few fines over this one!!!

not only logs, but mvr records and the such for random tractors across the whole fleet. My Tm at NEMF wanted a bunch of them "Made Up" we all told hm to F##k Off

they are using the e-z passes to check against the logs to look for any funny business. welcome to the boards doggie, spread the word about our little forum, we need more nemf people here.

2631 -

You speak of an accident where two road drivers were killed.

Am I reading that right? Did that just happen? What are the details?

My God watch over their families if that is true.

the company can want whatever they want, but once you pull out of the gate, "you're the captain of your ship". you get there when you get there, and not a minute before. if anyone lets a supervisor tell them how to drive, they're a fool. anyone that's had a cdl long enough for the laminate on their liscense cool off knows that if you get caught doing something illegal, no matter who told you to do it, it's your livelyhood on the line, not the airhead supervisor or manager that knows nothing of DOT regs. if you're pressured to run illegal in some way, tell the person telling you to do that it's against dot rules. if they insist, tell them to put it in writing. they won't, but they'll back off. if this manager or supervisor is bold enough to put it in writing, still refuse to do whatever it is. take the paper, make a few copies and send it up the food chain to safety and such. finding a new job is easy, esp if you still have your cdl and it's clean.

Your right on the $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

Could it be possible? God rest those poor souls involved, but I certainly hope it wasn't in the name of efficiency or profitability.........Hours of service records, pre-trip documents, equipment records, and experience as a driver will only determine the truth.
At conway its safety if doesn't cost to much.

nemf throws safty

:wtflol: there was an ice storm a couple months ago and drivers were threatened if they tried to call out

True Con-Way fashion............or is that what they now teach in business school now? Terminate the driver, they're expendable. Reality though..........someone has to drive that heap we call a truck. Can't fire everyone! Unity is strength.

Safety @ nemf ?? b.s. what will it take for this co to say that it is unsafe to drive ?
maybe it would take someones death for them to say ok it might be alittle dangerous
$$$$$$$$$ if the driver calls in then we don't have to pay them $$$$$$$$$
so mr. smart t.m. hqw do u make del. if u can't get in or out of the pit ? or if a fork lift can't go in the snow or you spin the tires on flat ground why send a driveroutin this ?
evar jack a tlr just making a slow turn around a corner ? ever sit your *** in a truck ?

Safety @ nemf ?? b.s. what will it take for this co to say that it is unsafe to drive ?
maybe it would take someones death for them to say ok it might be alittle dangerous
$$$$$$$$$ if the driver calls in then we don't have to pay them $$$$$$$$$
so mr. smart t.m. hqw do u make del. if u can't get in or out of the pit ? or if a fork lift can't go in the snow or you spin the tires on flat ground why send a driveroutin this ?
evar jack a tlr just making a slow turn around a corner ? ever sit your *** in a truck ?

Dude, spell check. While you may have brought up a valid point or two, I got a head ache trying to read it.

As far as driving around in crappy weather goes, welcome to LTL. I've been in this biz for a long time, every company does crap the same way, and all drivers complain about the same things.

You wanna work for some really heartless SOB's, go work for a US mail contractor.