Is Former Con-way leadership hired at NEMF pressuring drivers to be unsafe?

Dude, spell check. While you may have brought up a valid point or two, I got a head ache trying to read it.

As far as driving around in crappy weather goes, welcome to LTL. I've been in this biz for a long time, every company does crap the same way, and all drivers complain about the same things.

You wanna work for some really heartless SOB's, go work for a US mail contractor.

Hometown, HA! HA!, you made me laugh so hard, my wife came in to see what was so funny. If you got something on your mind, just say it. Get it off of your chest and relax. :Flame-On: Your are right, companies have been doing this for ever. Hero if you make it, @@@ ____, if you don't

Just remember the one's who telling you to go out & drive in bad weather DON'T HAVE C.D.L. They have to worry about being sue by lawyers. Just check with the dept of labor about being made to drive in bad weather.

Easy solution...u never refuse a work assignment, but you hook up do your pre trip,and then you say a simple phrase.."i feel the driving conditions are unsafe for drving and i cannot pull the load"...

Easy solution...u never refuse a work assignment, but you hook up do your pre trip,and then you say a simple phrase.."i feel the driving conditions are unsafe for drving and i cannot pull the load"...

You have a good point that you need to be safe, but there are too many "weanies" that will use that as an excuse not to go out. We are all drivers and this is the profession we chose.........so unless it is a "State of Emergency" we have a job to do. Just do is safely and carefully.......EXAMPLE....if the dock (parking lot) is a mess and you know you will get stuck, don't pull in!!

Nobody can force you to drive unsafe. You, and you alone, are behind that wheel and responsible to drive it safely. I cruise when I can and slow down accordingly when the weather is poor. I never had anyone say anything to me for being late in poor weather.

Nobody can force you to drive unsafe. You, and you alone, are behind that wheel and responsible to drive it safely. I cruise when I can and slow down accordingly when the weather is poor. I never had anyone say anything to me for being late in poor weather.

Exactly.

When I worked for another company a TM said I took too long in pretty jacked up weather. I told him that the next time it's bad out he's more than welcome to do a ride along. I told him I'll drive the way I normally would for the conditions, and that I guaranteed he'd be telling me to slow down within an hour.

He dropped his little tantrum, but never took me up on my offer. :TR10driving03:

Hometown, HA! HA!, you made me laugh so hard, my wife came in to see what was so funny. If you got something on your mind, just say it. Get it off of your chest and relax. :Flame-On: Your are right, companies have been doing this for ever. Hero if you make it, @@@ ____, if you don't

Thanks, I'm very funny.

yes i do agree and u are 100% correct.there is the state of emergency language they can pull, but nobody has and will lose their job if they feel its "unsafe"..they are not refusing work..also any steward will stand by your side...unsafe is subject to interpertation also..so it cant be b.s...you have to be smart about it..out wit and out think them.

We had some pretty nasty weather this week, and I tell you what it wore me out. I'm going to put in space monkeys into the dvd player :popcorn:watch it and then pass out till monday night!!!