Holland | Is freight slow at your barn?

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
We are normally at around 800 to 900 bills per day inbound and are down to 700 to 800. Outbound is normally 800,000 to 1,000,000 lb. per day and is down to 600,00 to 800,000 lb. Are we ever going to get busy again?

Benny I do not think it is just your barn or Holland. Look at the other forms most are also slow. I believe there was not a Xmas rush or the stores are not stocking up products like in yrs past. Just my observation.

Benny, at our barn we are little bit slower. But in comparison to our competition I think we are doing a lot better. We have thirty city guys compare to the competition’s ten to fifteen city men. Some of our guys come in with half full trailers, but mostly full ones, and they seem to come in late in the evening. As for the numbers not exactly sure what they are, I know that we must be doing all right cause they haven’t layoff in the city yet.

Benny Hill said:
We are normally at around 800 to 900 bills per day inbound and are down to 700 to 800. Outbound is normally 800,000 to 1,000,000 lb. per day and is down to 600,00 to 800,000 lb. Are we ever going to get busy again?

Hey old buddy!!!!! I've talked to my old friends at ST and seems like everyone is slow throughout the area.Tn,Fl,Ga,Al and points north.I'm hoping like hell that after the election is over business will pick up again(may have to wrestle full time if it don't)I'm getting to old for that!!!!

hasbeenking said:
Hey old buddy!!!!! I've talked to my old friends at ST and seems like everyone is slow throughout the area.Tn,Fl,Ga,Al and points north.I'm hoping like hell that after the election is over business will pick up again(may have to wrestle full time if it don't)I'm getting to old for that!!!!
Roy and a few others got the dreaded layoff letter about 5 weeks ago in line haul and they laid off 5 city men 10-06-06. Roy got to work a couple of days after that and hasn't got to work in the city either since then. Good to hear from you, keep in touch.

Everyone needs to do there part!!! Go out and buy that new washer, dryer, refrigerator, or what ever to help stimulate our economy. Just an idea, to help out the sagging jobs in America. And try to buy American; maybe we can get this Christmas rush started.