Holland | Is Holland a good place to work?

Songremainsthesame

TB Legend
Credits
I have an app in for a full-time regular city driver position out of Atlanta. Is Holland a good place to work? Anyone out of Atlanta on this board? How many hours can I expect? When do you think I might be coming in? Is moving to the linehaul board possible? Do you think Holland has a future still being tied to the YRC anchor? Any insight would be most appreciated!

No future here. Come in everyday wondering when they will lock the gates. Their is no such thing as being hired full time. You will be at their beck and call and expected to sit by the phone everyday if they even call you. Your better off being a 4 hr dock casual. They work everyday while full time men sit at home. The place is a joke and I would not recommend any one come here to work.

No future here. Come in everyday wondering when they will lock the gates. Their is no such thing as being hired full time. You will be at their beck and call and expected to sit by the phone everyday if they even call you. Your better off being a 4 hr dock casual. They work everyday while full time men sit at home. The place is a joke and I would not recommend any one come here to work.
They can't work part timers while full time employees sit. Either you are lying, stupid, or don't even work at Holland.

And where do they work part timers while full timers sit home??

They can't work part timers while full time employees sit. Either you are lying, stupid, or don't even work at Holland.
another kool aid drinker like the rest. Either you are blind as a bat or never wrote a grievance before. Your precious give backs allow the company to lay off and continue to work 4hr dock casuals on a daily basis. So save your accusation towards me and read your 3 in a row give back mou's. If you even know what that means. And remeber don't drink more look aid than you can handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 486 defense, casual's do work while laid off road drivers sit at home. Southern conf.road drivers are only allowed to work 24 hours in the city. That's enough to get their bennies and also in most cases all they wont to work.

another kool aid drinker like the rest. Either you are blind as a bat or never wrote a grievance before. Your precious give backs allow the company to lay off and continue to work 4hr dock casuals on a daily basis. So save your accusation towards me and read your 3 in a row give back mou's. If you even know what that means. And remeber don't drink more look aid than you can handle.
First of all I voted against all 3 mou's and the original contract. Secondly I'm a steward and am pretty familiar with the mou. They can't work part time employees with full time employees on layoff. If there are drivers on layoff, the company can use those laid off employees as 4 hour part timers. They can't use the 4 hour part timers that were hired off the street. Of course I'm not sure how it works in the south, you people like to have your right to work laws and then cry when the union is powerless to help you. But if that is what they are doing at your barn you best be filing on the lost work.

I'm just going on the description they put on the website. Talked to a freind of mine who's a city driver in Atlanta (which is what I'd be doing, not road driver) and he said they are busy as crap. Any Atlanta drivers out there? More insight? Thanks!

I also need to know

hello everyone i am also trying to know whether Holand is a best place to work for or not? can i get the answer with good examples thanks.

Sad to see what has happened to the great company I started with in '91 at MS, 1st as casual, then city/dock combo (on the list in 3 months), then to line haul 3 months later. Was never laid off, no givebacks (those came after I left), worked every day, even as casual until retiring in 2007. Operating ratio in those early days was I believe in the low 80's. I guess those days are over now since Yellow has their claws in it. Too bad !

Yep we are busy all right. Every shipment I pick up and Delv is third party CH Robinson at 99% discount. No wonder we are busy. If you can't. Read these posts to get your answer then you will have to believe what ever the company tells you.

Yep you can't even imagine what goes on here since you retired. All the things you fought for and struck for was given away with a stroke of a pen 3 times in a row.

Sorry to hear that 486, but in the south our freight is as good as it has ever been. Take this for what is worth, our main sales rep told me if it is on our trailer its making money. 486 I feel your pain, like yourself, I seen the Holland in the early 80's to today's over-managed mess. I have to agree with the C H Robinson pick-ups. I guess I'm going to have to send out an search expedition for Northern Flash. He seems to have left us.

The answer to your ? (ignoring all the bickering) is no. They may be busy now, but will be laying off by weeks end. You will be hired as a casual and will probably not last long enough to be hired full time. Maybe in the spring when freight picks back up, but we are bound to slow down from now til March, unless someone goes out of business.

If you have a full time job now don't quit to come here. Yes it isn't the same company as years ago, but it still beats other companies.

Sorry to hear that 486, but in the south our freight is as good as it has ever been. Take this for what is worth, our main sales rep told me if it is on our trailer its making money. 486 I feel your pain, like yourself, I seen the Holland in the early 80's to today's over-managed mess. I have to agree with the C H Robinson pick-ups. I guess I'm going to have to send out an search expedition for Northern Flash. He seems to have left us.
holland started showing a profit after the second pay cut.

That without a doubt is a typical sales rep response!!!