ABF | Is Implementation on its Way?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
I think it's all a conspiracy. Here's my theory. After union freight jobs are gone, we all become school bus teamsters. We pick up the kids and educate the generation of children how important it is to be in a union. That's gotta be Hoffas plan

Hoffa's administration has given up on freight and trucking, the backbone of Teamster power. We need to give up on them in the next IBT election, and rebuild Teamster power. - See more at: Hoffa to Freight Teamsters: Quit Bothering Me | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
I don't want to start a rumor, but it has been YEARS since trucking was the "backbone" of the IBT!
And if there were enough of us to vote him out of office he'd be gone already and he knows that. Maybe we'd better beg him for forgiveness for our trespasses and kiss his shoes for a better contract.

I think it's all a conspiracy. Here's my theory. After union freight jobs are gone, we all become school bus teamsters. We pick up the kids and educate the generation of children how important it is to be in a union. That's gotta be Hoffas plan

How does this writer KNOW what the IBT is planning? I think it is a bogus posting on the TDU’s website. I never thought I would agree with Rollin on anything, and I mean anything, but I was wrong because I believe he is correct on this one.

And if there were enough of us to vote him out of office he'd be gone already and he knows that. Maybe we'd better beg him for forgiveness for our trespasses and kiss his shoes for a better contract.

What most freight teamsters forget is that they (the freight teamsters) are in the minority of IBT voters. First, most of us do not vote; second, there are more IBT members who are not in the freight business than are in the freight business. Even if all freight teamsters voted against Hoffa he could still receive enough votes to win the election. I hate to say it, but in this situation we would probably be better as cops, garbage truck drivers, school bus drivers, factory workers, etc if we wanted to vote Hoffa out. But we should never give up hope or trying. @$%!^&* Hoffa!!!!

If the kids are all like you were screwed....

All these small company workers who had nothing got representation for a small dues amount, funeral directors, DHL, bus drivers, nurses, cops, trashmen, more! Freight Teamsters faced with financial whizzes are too much for the lazy powerless fools we have in office! The old breed and lazy tactics cant catch up with corporate Americas change of lower cost due to economic changes, healthcare, etc.. We are so disadvantaged its sickning.. Where Hoffas l;aw degree was much heralded, we now need financial whizzes ourselves, and trucking experienced/ freight experienced people in office! Hoffa is a Bum, got in office due to his name, he is a thief, and is a shame...

It's been posted here by many including myself. Junior didn't kill LTL deregulation did. The handwriting has been on the wall since the strike in '92. The Ponzi schemes that our are pensions are collapsing and the big contributors are disappearing.
Lots of complaints offered few solutions. If it wasn't so tragic it would be hysterical because the main solution offered is "grow a set". Yeah, that'll fix EVERYTHING!

They cannot implement the terms of the contract under law. they would have to declare an impass between both sides with NLRB and look for arbitration of course these day the IBT could make some sort of side deal

They are at an impass according to negotiations, last best final offer and IBT urging on behalf of company and negotiators and its stance.. The normal process was not followed, ex: a strike vote just now being taken! Sweeton himself has said that an initial vote no was a strike vote, now this is a strike vote, so its all over the place.. this whole process is corruption of the process and if we had the means we could file charges!!!!! absolutely!!!! I have spoken to a high power labor lawyer,, takes lots of money and time!!

It's been posted here by many including myself. Junior didn't kill LTL deregulation did. The handwriting has been on the wall since the strike in '92. The Ponzi schemes that our are pensions are collapsing and the big contributors are disappearing.
Lots of complaints offered few solutions. If it wasn't so tragic it would be hysterical because the main solution offered is "grow a set". Yeah, that'll fix EVERYTHING!

I disagree, Hoffa is responsible for destroying the NMFA and the Teamsters MEPFs. Deregulation occurred in 1980 and Hoffa didn't take office until 1999. He knew exactly what he was getting into. He has been feeding at the trough as General President of the IBT for 14 years and his only major victory was the organizing of UPSF. But at a huge cost. By giving UPSF a stand alone sweetheart contract he signed the death sentence for the NMFA.

Had the UPSF Teamsters been put under NMFA like the men wanted it would had put new life into the pension funds. But now if the IBT should ever organize another freight company like FedEx or Conway they will surely demand a special deal like Hoffa gave UPSF. Hoffa ran on the promise of restoring Teamster power and unity. He has failed on both of his campaign promises.

If Hoffa cared about the freight Teamsters he wouldn't be doing the company's bidding by sitting on the BOD of a coalition that has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars lobbying congress to change the ERISA laws that protect retirees pensions.

Hoffa doesn't care about freight Teamsters. Just my opinion.

It's not "just your opinion" It is the same as my opinion and many other members as well. You stated it very well and covered a lot of ground in just one paragraph. Good job. Make that 3 paragraphs.Thanks again

My ballot had it typed onto it that a no vote was a strike authorization. I don't understand the reasoning behind a second strike vote unless they want to know if the men really mean it.

My ballot had it typed onto it that a no vote was a strike authorization. I don't understand the reasoning behind a second strike vote unless they want to know if the men really mean it.

The IBT is trying to split the membership. They are pitting every region against the central region. This vote is very important, and will come back to haunt us in any future contracts!!! If they win, don't expect success for future contracts...

I ran into Carlisle this week and already seen a bunch of outside carriers trailers in there. I guess their moving forward with their plans before the new contracts implemented.

Didn't work with Jackie Presser or Fitzsimmons.