ABF | Is Implementation on its Way?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Hoffa's administration has given up on freight and trucking, the backbone of Teamster power. We need to give up on them in the next IBT election, and rebuild Teamster power. - See more at: Hoffa to Freight Teamsters: Quit Bothering Me | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
I don't want to start a rumor, but it has been YEARS since trucking was the "backbone" of the IBT!
"ALL BAG---NO BALLS" You're an idiot. WTF do you know? I heard you're a sleeze ball anyway so who really cares what you think.

What most freight teamsters forget is that they (the freight teamsters) are in the minority of IBT voters. First, most of us do not vote; second, there are more IBT members who are not in the freight business than are in the freight business. Even if all freight teamsters voted against Hoffa he could still receive enough votes to win the election. I hate to say it, but in this situation we would probably be better as cops, garbage truck drivers, school bus drivers, factory workers, etc if we wanted to vote Hoffa out. But we should never give up hope or trying. @$%!^&* Hoffa!!!!
I tend to agree with you Homesick but looking at it down the road, If he can screw us so royally he can and probably will screw them sometime down that very same road. Hoffa is no good and I wouldn't give you a pug nickle for the lot of them.

The IBT is trying to split the membership. They are pitting every region against the central region. This vote is very important, and will come back to haunt us in any future contracts!!! If they win, don't expect success for future contracts...
********You hit the nail right on the head "papajohn" If we turn tail now, it's over for all other contracts because ABF knows that if they coerce us enough they can win any contract. Hell, they might as well write it and we can vote on that.

5 years !!

Yup we all have to start somewhere, even a god of freight like you. But do realize my dad was in trucking for over 40 years, I grew up around trucks, been around the industry all of my life. So you go on ahead and laugh, just shows how disrespectful and unprofessional you can be. I've seen you and your ilk post snide remarks, looking down at your noses at folks who don't carry a card that's meaningless nowadays in their pocket. You know what's funny? I've had guys ask me if they could be considered for a job at OD because they were from a union line. Yes it's true! So you just keep on thinking its a skab outfit. I'll look forward to seeing the quarterly results YRC and ABF post... Wonder how close you're gonna get to the 84% and change we just knocked down, while building new service centers, buying new equipment we don't have to worry about breaking down every time we drive it, giving its employees raises (how's that giveback feeling? I know abf hasn't yet but it's coming, oh yes it is, youz guyz got to VOTE on it!) and treating us pretty darn well if you ask me, and not because a contract says they have to either. Youz guyz must love turmoil and bad feelings, because that's all I've heard on here. There's none of that where I work. Yeah it sucks working for such a **** outfit. Sure does.

I can understand y'all or youz guyz . So how about you answering my questions?

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to you in a timely manner, I ran 627 miles last night and texting while driving is illegal. To answer your question, I don't know what goes on anywhere else just like you don't know what's going on at my barn. All I can attest to is what I see first hand every time I go to work, and there's a lot of grey hair around my yard. That tells me one of two things, either we've got a whole lot of suck asses in the ATL that know how to keep the boss happy and avoid the chopping block or the claims you made about "economic firings" might be just a little overplayed. Come to think of it, every yard I go to in the system seem to be a lot like mine, so you be the judge.

Sounds to me that you were probably turned down by Yrc and likely ABF also so now you hang around here touting how bad union companies are and how great **** companies are. Your wonderful company could at any time stop its contributions to your 401K and all you could do about it is cry. Also remember and know this, you make what you make by virtue of what union members make. I know this will be unsettleing for you to believe but please believe it's true. If you have the ability to make over $100,000 a year at OD then you can say you're on par with the union drivers you now compare yourself with but also know you didn't have what it took to get hired by a union carrier in the first place. You did apply at union barns first before you ended up with sloppy seconds according to your post right? I get five sick days, six weeks vacation, one personal day, all the national holidays, three days for funerals and much more and you think your job compares more favorably then that of a union job? Wake upland simply wave and tip your hat when you drive past a union driver. Have a nice day now good buddy.

Wow, I don't know what to say. I guess it is true, it's pointless to mud wrestle with a pig, you'll wear yourself out only to realize the pig is having fun. All I've heard on here is name calling, snide remarks about other people not even involved in this argument, and now you gotta go personal and claim I'm not good enough? Yes I applied at YRC, and guess why I didn't get hired... Their freight levels dropped off while my background check was being done and the linehaul supervisor was going to have to go back and lay off drivers who hadn't even been there a month. Told me he wanted to hire me but didn't think it fair to pull me away from my previous employer and my benefits to be laid off.

I get so tired of hearing that old line "you be thankful for us teamsters, if not for us you'd make $3/hour and be forced to work 900 hours a week". Exaggeration sure, but you get my drift. I'd like to see a show of hands out there who stood with Hoffa sr in the '60s. I would like to shake your hand because if you're still pushing a truck up and down the road I'd truly be impressed. The first generation teamsters made it better for all of us, yes even youz guyz pissing and moaning about every single little thing, looking down your noses from your lofty perches on high, kings of the freight world! I have news for every single one of you, it's not 1972 anymore. If the union lines went under, and from the financials I see, that may still be in question, youz guyz really think every non out there would slash our wages? No way! There would be such an outcry from so many people that the media couldn't ignore that. It'd be all over the news and I betcha there would be a mass exodus from the industry, like rapidly. They can't do without all of us, especially all at once. Believe it or not there are corporations that do believed in taking care of the people that take care of their customers. Have you ever stopped to think that the reason why there's such animosity and mistrust between management and the rank and file just might be that they have to listen to youz guyz whine and cry every day? I know I'm not going to change a single mind on here, but if all you've got is what I've seen posted from some of the folks on here, your mothers ought to be ashamed. I'm sure they feel they raised their kids better than that.

Yup we all have to start somewhere, even a god of freight like you. But do realize my dad was in trucking for over 40 years, I grew up around trucks, been around the industry all of my life. So you go on ahead and laugh, just shows how disrespectful and unprofessional you can be. I've seen you and your ilk post snide remarks, looking down at your noses at folks who don't carry a card that's meaningless nowadays in their pocket. You know what's funny? I've had guys ask me if they could be considered for a job at OD because they were from a union line. Yes it's true! So you just keep on thinking its a skab outfit. I'll look forward to seeing the quarterly results YRC and ABF post... Wonder how close you're gonna get to the 84% and change we just knocked down, while building new service centers, buying new equipment we don't have to worry about breaking down every time we drive it, giving its employees raises (how's that giveback feeling? I know abf hasn't yet but it's coming, oh yes it is, youz guyz got to VOTE on it!) and treating us pretty darn well if you ask me, and not because a contract says they have to either. Youz guyz must love turmoil and bad feelings, because that's all I've heard on here. There's none of that where I work. Yeah it sucks working for such a **** outfit. Sure does.
I will tell you how they can get to an 84 or. If they stop paying overtime , pension & good health coverage...... So keep bragging because your the one paying for that new equipment, terminals ect. & oh ya corporate bonus......

I will tell you how they can get to an 84 or. If they stop paying overtime , pension & good health coverage...... So keep bragging because your the one paying for that new equipment, terminals ect. & oh ya corporate bonus......

While he's making a good income, with good health insurance and a 401k with a match?

What's wrong with corporate bonus's? Doesn't management deserve rewards for making OD a well ran company?

Of course I'm paying for it! How else does the company make revenue? Oh yeah, though the service their employees provide. The freight doesn't move itself. That's business 101.

How many times do I have to say it, I don't get paid by the hour. How hard is that to understand??? Along with not taking business 101 I'm also seeing that maybe someone here had problems with "see Jane run" and all that, because there's several folks on here who can't read. As far as the ot, I don't know what to tell you. You might want to take that up with the city drivers. They show up to work every day so I guess they must be all right with it. And regarding the insurance, have you seen the brochure from my healthcare provider to know just how crappy my insurance is? Or how much it costs? And if you think that company paid insurance isn't a big reason why ABF and YRC can't turn a profit then you're a lottery ignorant than I would have given you credit for. Very few in life get insurance for free nowadays, like I said in another post it's not 1972, hell not even 1992. Times have changed and they're changing faster every day. When obamacare takes full effect, contract or no contract even you will be lucky to have insurance. And if you do have insurance you won't have a job because the cost is going to go through the roof, and financially troubled companies are gonna chuckle weakly and lock the doors. Have you seen your company's balance sheet lately? I'd be worried that's for sure. So go ahead and be smug and look down your nose, but I've heard karma can be a real *****, even though I don't believe in it.

Of course I'm paying for it! How else does the company make revenue? Oh yeah, though the service their employees provide. The freight doesn't move itself. That's business 101.

How many times do I have to say it, I don't get paid by the hour. How hard is that to understand??? Along with not taking business 101 I'm also seeing that maybe someone here had problems with "see Jane run" and all that, because there's several folks on here who can't read. As far as the ot, I don't know what to tell you. You might want to take that up with the city drivers. They show up to work every day so I guess they must be all right with it. And regarding the insurance, have you seen the brochure from my healthcare provider to know just how crappy my insurance is? Or how much it costs? And if you think that company paid insurance isn't a big reason why ABF and YRC can't turn a profit then you're a lottery ignorant than I would have given you credit for. Very few in life get insurance for free nowadays, like I said in another post it's not 1972, hell not even 1992. Times have changed and they're changing faster every day. When obamacare takes full effect, contract or no contract even you will be lucky to have insurance. And if you do have insurance you won't have a job because the cost is going to go through the roof, and financially troubled companies are gonna chuckle weakly and lock the doors. Have you seen your company's balance sheet lately? I'd be worried that's for sure. So go ahead and be smug and look down your nose, but I've heard karma can be a real *****, even though I don't believe in it.

LOL! BINGO! You are dead on with this post.

I don't look down at no one, everyone has to work. Ok you run the road so they pay less per mile same thing. Remember you came to the ABF board with an axe to grind.....

While he's making a good income, with good health insurance and a 401k with a match?

What's wrong with corporate bonus's? Doesn't management deserve rewards for making OD a well ran company?
Anyway I answer it's wrong so I won't respond to you........ When are you going to realize that it might be you that has an issue & not everyone else......

Anyway I answer it's wrong so I won't respond to you........ When are you going to realize that it might be you that has an issue & not everyone else......

Oh geez, another dodge. You just can't answer any question directly can you?

I don't look down at no one, everyone has to work. Ok you run the road so they pay less per mile same thing. Remember you came to the ABF board with an axe to grind.....

What about those Teamsters that go to the OD board with an ax to grind?

Hell what about those Teamsters that went to work for OD and are loving it there,

Ok ok, there's two more questions you'll dodge.

I just want an answer is all. You like to say a lot of things, but can't stand to be challenged on your opinions, which is why stay on the boards with all your drone buddies, it's safer for you here.

I may be wrong but OR has nothing to do with building new centers it refers to the profit you after all the associated cost of hauling it, not buy equipment or building terminals