ABF | Is Implementation on its Way?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
I have shook the hand of both Hoffa's and I am still pushing my drop deck down the road Cuz...........BFD
I even worked with one of your terminal managers that was a Teamster...........
Loaded both ways today 364 miles $2200.00 not a bad day................

Wow, I don't know what to say. I guess it is true, it's pointless to mud wrestle with a pig, you'll wear yourself out only to realize the pig is having fun. All I've heard on here is name calling, snide remarks about other people not even involved in this argument, and now you gotta go personal and claim I'm not good enough? Yes I applied at YRC, and guess why I didn't get hired... Their freight levels dropped off while my background check was being done and the linehaul supervisor was going to have to go back and lay off drivers who hadn't even been there a month. Told me he wanted to hire me but didn't think it fair to pull me away from my previous employer and my benefits to be laid off.

I get so tired of hearing that old line "you be thankful for us teamsters, if not for us you'd make $3/hour and be forced to work 900 hours a week". Exaggeration sure, but you get my drift. I'd like to see a show of hands out there who stood with Hoffa sr in the '60s. I would like to shake your hand because if you're still pushing a truck up and down the road I'd truly be impressed. The first generation teamsters made it better for all of us, yes even youz guyz pissing and moaning about every single little thing, looking down your noses from your lofty perches on high, kings of the freight world! I have news for every single one of you, it's not 1972 anymore. If the union lines went under, and from the financials I see, that may still be in question, youz guyz really think every non out there would slash our wages? No way! There would be such an outcry from so many people that the media couldn't ignore that. It'd be all over the news and I betcha there would be a mass exodus from the industry, like rapidly. They can't do without all of us, especially all at once. Believe it or not there are corporations that do believed in taking care of the people that take care of their customers. Have you ever stopped to think that the reason why there's such animosity and mistrust between management and the rank and file just might be that they have to listen to youz guyz whine and cry every day? I know I'm not going to change a single mind on here, but if all you've got is what I've seen posted from some of the folks on here, your mothers ought to be ashamed. I'm sure they feel they raised their kids better than that.

GO40 Your wasting your time talking to these fools!!! They are not even worth responding to, besides they know everything, and you just can't change stupid...

Rollin62, correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe Conway and several other LTL carriers cut wages and benefits back when YRC was hit with their wage concessions around 2009. If I am not mistaken, Conway took a 5% pay cut and quit the 401K match for a few years or something like that. Being a former Conway employee like yourself, I am sure you can explain it better than I can. So, there is some truth to your post (#258) that you are LOLing about !!!

You are correct. During the recession, they cut 5%. Since then it was restored in 2.5 increments. I didn't know yrcs 15% was restored.

Why would I care about people that don't even work here or applied here? And secondly, I think we all can agree that there are a few individuals that take advantage of abf and our union that been needing to be fired for a long time. These cameras will eliminate the people riding on our coat tails to help get this place to makin money again. A profitable employer will give us some leverage going into 2018. We have none operating at 99 to 101%. Go ask yrc or vitran
Concerning these "CAMERAS".....it reminds me of what was said at "Aushwitz" ....."Hey, at least they're letting us take showers, how nice of them"..........the cameras will be the death of us ALL sooner or later. they will have someone dedicated to watching a bank of cameras and this person will radio a supervisor on the dock "So and So is talking with his buddy, go fire both of them" and they can sort it out at the grievance to get their jobs back. Anyone that thinks these cameras aren't meant to terminate EVERYONE is nuts. There is an old saying at the grievances by management (I know, I was a steward for twenty years) " We can fire you ten times, we only have to make it stick once." Through simple attrition, "WE" will be no more. It will be the new hires at lesser rates of pay sitting at your old spot in the break room. If you don't start also worrying about your "Brothers" you'll be the only one left and then what? Easy pickins is what.

Concerning these "CAMERAS".....it reminds me of what was said at "Aushwitz" ....."Hey, at least they're letting us take showers, how nice of them"..........the cameras will be the death of us ALL sooner or later. they will have someone dedicated to watching a bank of cameras and this person will radio a supervisor on the dock "So and So is talking with his buddy, go fire both of them" and they can sort it out at the grievance to get their jobs back. Anyone that thinks these cameras aren't meant to terminate EVERYONE is nuts. There is an old saying at the grievances by management (I know, I was a steward for twenty years) " We can fire you ten times, we only have to make it stick once." Through simple attrition, "WE" will be no more. It will be the new hires at lesser rates of pay sitting at your old spot in the break room. If you don't start also worrying about your "Brothers" you'll be the only one left and then what? Easy pickins is what.

You are so right Red Spotter!!! By the time these guys figure it out it will be too late for them...

GO40 Your wasting your time talking to these fools!!! They are not even worth responding to, besides they know everything, and you just can't change stupid...

More name calling... I'm not surprised... Is that all you've got? No substance? I guess you can't argue when you don't have a leg to stand on...

More name calling... I'm not surprised... Is that all you've got? No substance? I guess you can't argue when you don't have a leg to stand on...

Why argue with you, You already know everything.... Your not a ABF teamster, you have no dog in this. So no need to waste my time with you...

Why argue with you, You already know everything.... Your not a ABF teamster, you have no dog in this. So no need to waste my time with you...

Now papa , be nice. He's a guest to our forum. If we're gonna organize the nons, being hateful hurts our cause.

Your right it was a boring Friday night nothing better to do as you can see I had a few drinks, these two clowns take it to heart.....letters seem smaller on my iphone,must be an age thing....

I have shook the hand of both Hoffa's and I am still pushing my drop deck down the road Cuz...........BFD
I even worked with one of your terminal managers that was a Teamster...........
Loaded both ways today 364 miles $2200.00 not a bad day................

Dang, I do need to go to work there. $6/mile? No, that not a bad day..

You are correct. During the recession, they cut 5%. Since then it was restored in 2.5 increments. I didn't know yrcs 15% was restored.

YRC employees have been getting raises every year since they took the pay cut. I don’t think they have gotten the whole 15% back but I believe they have recouped most of it.

So from the time they took the pay cut (what ever that pay was) how much have recouped? What I mean is if they were at say $20 hour and there pay was cut 15% they would be making $17 hour. With raises they would be up to what at this time?

So from the time they took the pay cut (what ever that pay was) how much have recouped? What I mean is if they were at say $20 hour and there pay was cut 15% they would be making $17 hour. With raises they would be up to what at this time?
I think they are around $20 an hour. So every year they get there raise which is around 35 cents then take away 15% from the 35 cents.....

It has to be over $20 hour because I am making $24.35 now and 85% of that would be $20.70. I also know that YRC employees received a raise back on April 1 while we have been at pay free since the contract expired. I am not sure but I believe YRC employees have recouped about 75% of the 15% pay reduction. And maybe all of it by this time (from what they were making at the time of the 15% cut).

They are at 85% of about 24.50 and that equals $20.82.

do it every day ?

My wife and I both were owner operators back in the mid 80’s. She was leased to Mercer and I was leased to Transus. Neither of us made enough money to survive on our own. So she went to cop school (I love reminding her of that, in that way) and I went to work for O.D. We both did better. I’m just saying Joe. These guy’s tell a story!