ABF | Is Implementation on its Way?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
They CANT deal with those terminals like you keep yapping about. The cannot and will not route around them. Sorry Dorthey you arent in conway anymore

Trollins62 sure isn't a ABF teamster. He is non union all the way!!! He is so full of crap... I am still waiting for his first good post, But I am not going to hold my breath on that one...

According to this TDU release ABF is going to implement our new contract regardless of the Central Region vote results. Would they really do this? What approach will they take? Nothing would surprise me. Any other word out on this?
Hoffa to Freight Teamsters: Quit Bothering Me | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
Are you kidding me? Do you really believe this. ABF would not put their testicles in a wringer over this. They can not arbitrarily
implement a contract. I'm not usually a reader of this site but from what I've read so far in the posts I've read, this seems to be the place to go for management and company men. Seems to me there are more sheep here then real men that are willing to take a stand. Turn this pros supplement down and watch how Judy and Roy boy come scratching at our door. Going out of business would not look good on their resumes. Given the choice of letting ABF collapse or renegotiating and they'll beg to take the latter. Get you testicles out of your masters purse and act like real men. Authorize a strike and call their bluff. Don't you see we hold the high hand here. Pack it in or give us the opportunity to renegotirate. It's very simple. Stand up against tyranny or be a part of the new kingdom where you will surely perish.

Red spotter 034, what amuses me about your post is many other terminals are voting. This isn't just 710 dock men and 705. Remember the central region OTR passed.
ABFer, yes they can unilaterally implement the TA. It will then be up to the IBT and the local unions to picket or not.
I'm VERY skeptical that there will be a strike authorization anyway. And without an authorization ABF is allowed implement the TA.

Go work for yrc for a month & let's see if your still singing the same tune.....ABF overall is not a bad company to work for, just greedy....

I don't need to or want to. I'm paid as well if not better than a YRC driver where I am, I don't have to worry about them exhausting to board to get a run, and I don't have to worry about being laid off. And the company is making money as well. I interviewed at YRC a couple summers ago, and I hung around the terminal to talk to some of the drivers. The animosity between the drivers and management was almost palpable. I thought a fistfight was going to break out. I don't need that kind of drama in my life.

I don't need to or want to. I'm paid as well if not better than a YRC driver where I am, I don't have to worry about them exhausting to board to get a run, and I don't have to worry about being laid off. And the company is making money as well. I interviewed at YRC a couple summers ago, and I hung around the terminal to talk to some of the drivers. The animosity between the drivers and management was almost palpable. I thought a fistfight was going to break out. I don't need that kind of drama in my life.
Drive for whoever you want,but those perks you mentioned don't come without a price. No overtime no pension & paying for your health care is not a trade off I want but then again I don't want to work for old dominion, that is your employer correct....

Drive for whoever you want,but those perks you mentioned don't come without a price. No overtime no pension & paying for your health care is not a trade off I want but then again I don't want to work for old dominion, that is your employer correct....

Yes I work for OD. I don't get overtime, but then again I'm a road driver, so hourly wages and overtime don't affect me, I get paid by the mile, just like an ABF road driver does. I really don't understand what you mean about perks coming with a price, it sounds to me like teamsters at all the union lines are the ones that are paying the price for a pension and free health care. None of that would be a benefit to me if I'm sitting at home only running one day a week, or worse being laid off multiple times a year. As far as a pension is concerned, if I make a small investment in my 401 plus the quarterly profit sharing deposits the company makes into it, I have a retirement as well, without the worries of an underfunded pension program. I have control over my own retirement. Like you said, drive for who you like, I looked at both major union carriers, and the risk doesn't outweigh the reward in my eyes.

Yes I work for OD. I don't get overtime, but then again I'm a road driver, so hourly wages and overtime don't affect me, I get paid by the mile, just like an ABF road driver does. I really don't understand what you mean about perks coming with a price, it sounds to me like teamsters at all the union lines are the ones that are paying the price for a pension and free health care. None of that would be a benefit to me if I'm sitting at home only running one day a week, or worse being laid off multiple times a year. As far as a pension is concerned, if I make a small investment in my 401 plus the quarterly profit sharing deposits the company makes into it, I have a retirement as well, without the worries of an underfunded pension program. I have control over my own retirement. Like you said, drive for who you like, I looked at both major union carriers, and the risk doesn't outweigh the reward in my eyes.
If your company paid what most union company's pay for our overall package I don't think you would be working like you are. The race to the bottom is in high gear & it seems you couldn't be happier about it...that's how I see it in my eyes....

Been a teamster for 2 decades, total time sat at home is 9 working days. Father was a teamster for 33 years, never saw a layoff or told to sit at home.

Yrc 15%wage cuts, 25% paid to a broke pension fund, teamster 401k w/ no match, moral in the toilet, can't post a profit, union dues 71 bucks a month... But we they have ot and free insurance. Hmmmm .. Weigh your options

Yrc 15%wage cuts, 25% paid to a broke pension fund, teamster 401k w/ no match, moral in the toilet, can't post a profit, union dues 71 bucks a month... But we they have ot and free insurance. Hmmmm .. Weigh your options
I said most company's & union dues are $61 a month.... Another slip up clerk.....

Just how secure is your job being that OD on occasion rifs higher paid senior drivers and then rehires some of them at entry level wages. If a non OD driver posted on your forum he would be called a troll and chased off by a gestapo mod. It happened to me for just asking an on topic question

Go work for yrc for a month & let's see if your still singing the same tune.....ABF overall is not a bad company to work for, just greedy....

Ha!

It's not greedy for a contract to favor labor, but it's greedy for a contract to favor the company?
No wonder most people think Teamsters are fools. What a stupid statement.

Just how secure is your job being that OD on occasion rifs higher paid senior drivers and then rehires some of them at entry level wages. If a non OD driver posted on your forum he would be called a troll and chased off by a gestapo mod. It happened to me for just asking an on topic question
Me too... And I was joking around. talk about thin skinned....

Ha!

It's not greedy for a contract to favor labor, but it's greedy for a contract to favor the company?
No wonder most people think Teamsters are fools. What a stupid statement.
You were being so well behaved little boy, now the name calling starts again, guess you forgot to take your meds today. But I forgive you stoner your still my bff....To answer your question yes, thats why we pay dues to get the best contract you can get.... See stoner no name calling...

Dues are $52 per month. Not bad for free top of the line insurance.

They do that to their own drivers if they complain about the almighty od