ABF | Is Implementation on its Way?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
You were being so well behaved little boy, now the name calling starts again, guess you forgot to take your meds today. But I forgive you stoner your still my bff....To answer your question yes, thats why we pay dues to get the best contract you can get.... See stoner no name calling...

Typical of you to side step the point I made.

Please tell us how ABF wanting a contract to favor them more is greedy, but it's not greedy for labor to want the contract to favor them more?

Typical of you to side step the point I made.

Please tell us how ABF wanting a contract to favor them more is greedy, but it's not greedy for labor to want the contract to favor them more?
Its a matter of opinion, you do understand we all don't think like you....don't you? Just think if something does happen to abf you will have no problem getting a job with one of abc corps. fine carriers, I can see you in panther shiny wheel double bunk...10-4 good buddy....

Been a teamster for 2 decades, total time sat at home is 9 working days. Father was a teamster for 33 years, never saw a layoff or told to sit at home.

Good for you, this ain't your father's union. Good job skewing the facts, you've been a teamster over 20 years, of course you have enough seniority now to not worry about a layoff, and when you began your career times were assuredly much different than now.

Just how secure is your job being that OD on occasion rifs higher paid senior drivers and then rehires some of them at entry level wages. If a non OD driver posted on your forum he would be called a troll and chased off by a gestapo mod. It happened to me for just asking an on topic question

Love the scare tactics Crystal. The big bad non-union company strong arming its employees and firing them for no apparent reason other than to cut costs. Why is it that out of my terminal (Atlanta GA) that we have so many drivers with 20+ years seniority? They'd be long gone if what you said were true now wouldn't they?

Love the scare tactics Crystal. The big bad non-union company strong arming its employees and firing them for no apparent reason other than to cut costs. Why is it that out of my terminal (Atlanta GA) that we have so many drivers with 20+ years seniority? They'd be long gone if what you said were true now wouldn't they?
Whats the reason your bragging about your company on another company's forum.... We need an ABF employee to moderate this site, the other mods seem to like all this drama.....

$5 copay, $10 prescriptions, dental, vision. Ask mr od how his cut rate insurance is

I'd guess that what more I pay in premiums and minor difference in copay is recouped in the fact that I'm not working under a 15% giveback ont wages that isn't coming back. If it does y'all are probably going to have to strike for it, but at what cost? Risking the company going under?

Yes I work for OD. I don't get overtime, but then again I'm a road driver, so hourly wages and overtime don't affect me, I get paid by the mile, just like an ABF road driver does. I really don't understand what you mean about perks coming with a price, it sounds to me like teamsters at all the union lines are the ones that are paying the price for a pension and free health care. None of that would be a benefit to me if I'm sitting at home only running one day a week, or worse being laid off multiple times a year. As far as a pension is concerned, if I make a small investment in my 401 plus the quarterly profit sharing deposits the company makes into it, I have a retirement as well, without the worries of an underfunded pension program. I have control over my own retirement. Like you said, drive for who you like, I looked at both major union carriers, and the risk doesn't outweigh the reward in my eyes.
You really think a 401 is more secure than a defined pension? ask anybody that has one how big a hit they just took with the govt. shut down. I have a friend whose 401 dropped 48000.00 , my pension check this and every other month will be the same.

Unfortunately, it is just human nature to take things for granted. When you take a step back and look what is going on with the middle class, we don't have it bad at all. In my opinion the majority of our anger and discontent should be directed towards the IBT, the company did what anybody does during negotiations, they tried to get the best deal they could, as it turns out they probably got a better deal than they were expecting because the IBT laid down.
Even the company middle management knows it.

So when you can't break my argument this is what you have to revert back to? Please.
What argument? You know nothing about the union or what kind of pensions we have. Bottom line your another troll, & I will let you in on a secret I don't care who's company is better freight blows 20 years of peddling & I'm looking for something better. I'm 43 with a bunch of money in my lump sum & all my stuff is paid for......good luck at OD ....

I'd guess that what more I pay in premiums and minor difference in copay is recouped in the fact that I'm not working under a 15% giveback ont wages that isn't coming back. If it does y'all are probably going to have to strike for it, but at what cost? Risking the company going under?
You're in the wrong forum ostracizing about a 15% giveback. Please do tell about those health care premiums, we haven't heard about them yet.

You would have to be around $32 per hour to be equal to what we get, about $38 per hour to be equal to ABF. But then after 8 hours you'd be blown out of the water again. Oh but they grill you hot dogs once per year I forgot

Its a matter of opinion, you do understand we all don't think like you....don't you? Just think if something does happen to abf you will have no problem getting a job with one of abc corps. fine carriers, I can see you in panther shiny wheel double bunk...10-4 good buddy....

Well no **** Sherlock. I'm asking you to explain your opinion. Although it's obvious you can't.

You really think a 401 is more secure than a defined pension? ask anybody that has one how big a hit they just took with the govt. shut down. I have a friend whose 401 dropped 48000.00 , my pension check this and every other month will be the same.

Ask those union airline pilots who experienced cuts in their defined pension plans how secure theyb feel about their pensions.

Good for you, this ain't your father's union. Good job skewing the facts, you've been a teamster over 20 years, of course you have enough seniority now to not worry about a layoff, and when you began your career times were assuredly much different than now.

I've been a teamster that long, doesn't mean I have 20 years seniority where I am. Funny how the nons always bring up layoffs at union companies. Layoffs are better than being told no work but wait by the phone all day, like the nons do. Skab companies don't layoff they starve drivers instead. I would take the layoff with recall rights any day

For how long? What happens if the pension fund goes bankrupt? How can you possibly believe in a top heavy, poorly managed, underfunded pension fund with high overhead, and that its going to be there for you? I have private investments other than the 401, and I control what it's invested in.