Is indpendendet dispatching a viable busniness?

tomsaso

TB Lurker
Credits
I want to work in the trucking industry as a dispatcher. However since I can't work for a trucking company because I am not in the States, I found this website that offers training to get you working as a independent dispatcher. My question is... Is this a viable business ? I have everything I need to work as a dispatcher from overseas - US phone and fax, email, boradband internet, US bank account, SSN etc.

I could not find a lot of stuff online but here is what i found;
There are couple of indp. dispatcher websites. The lowest rate is about 6% off the load invoice. SInce where i live cost of living is very low, i would undercut them and charge about 5% per load.

My question is.. Do a lot of owner-operators use indp. dispatchers ? WIll I be able to land 5 clients in the first 6 months ?

In the course I want to buy from they say they teach you about disaptching , finding loadds and a marketing stragegy

I just don't wanna get burned since the 400$ the course costs is a lot of money for me, and I want to know if it is a common for owner-operators to use indp. dispatchers. I don't wanna buy the course and later firgure out that only about 2%-5% of owner-operators use indp. dispatchers. So another question would be, what percentage of owner operators hire 1099 independent dispatchers?

For now that's it, I will post aditional questions as they come to me.