ODFL | Is It Fair

Trucker771

TB Lurker
Credits
:party-smiley-017:
This may be stepping in a mine field but here go,s

I have been employed here for a long time . I have always felt like I was treated fairly. And yet there are times when you fell like you are being screwed over.
Example, There is a terminal that was made in to a break-bulk recently. Freight that we have carried is now being pulled to this terminal. This is taking freight that was being run on time and fast as possible by drivers at our terminal just to make this new break -bulk look good. In total disregard for the drivers this hurts .The freight is not being worked nor run any faster.

Do you mean ?

Do you mean COL ? Not much I can tell you.Maybe Skywalker can tell you something when he comes back.I'll dig into it when I go to work.

Like when the TM ASKS you to go linehaul to 'cover' a new run, saying 'yes' to help the company out.. then getting stuck on linehaul for 6 months until you finally speak up.. only to loose 16 spots in seniority on the P&D board because you were "linehaul"..... Nah.. never been screwed over by OD.:17: :realmad:

Its not the first time when I started Nashville was gearing up to be the big hub and was, only to be beat out by Morristown which was before and got it back. They had big plans for Parsons when WSKT was bought out expanded the terminal planed to even double the size after expansion and seemed to have canceled that now. KCYs New terminal was supposed to have been built by now and they have not even scratched the dirt yet maybe because DSM has moved into a bigger terminal. I don't know. If it is I hope DSM gets hit with several blizzards this year.

My advice stick with it build your seniority up than the wanes and ebbs will effect you less.

Nope

JIM BOB said:
Do you mean COL ? Not much I can tell you.Maybe Skywalker can tell you something when he comes back.I'll dig into it when I go to work.
Don't know anything about this one.

crap

FlyByWire said:
Like when the TM ASKS you to go linehaul to 'cover' a new run, saying 'yes' to help the company out.. then getting stuck on linehaul for 6 months until you finally speak up.. only to loose 16 spots in seniority on the P&D board because you were "linehaul"..... Nah.. never been screwed over by OD.:17: :realmad:
That's crap right there man!If you were asked to cover a run then you shouldn't have lost your senority in the city.If "you" requested to be linehaul then I could see where you would have lost it.

NightStalker said:

I have been employed here for a long time . I have always felt like I was treated fairly. And yet there are times when you fell like you are being screwed over.
Example, There is a terminal that was made in to a break-bulk recently. Freight that we have carried is now being pulled to this terminal. This is taking freight that was being run on time and fast as possible by drivers at our terminal just to make this new break -bulk look good. In total disregard for the drivers this hurts .The freight is not being worked nor run any faster.

I don't know which terminal you mean but I have seen this before and it has effected my runs both with Indy and HAR. I have also seen this resolved on a person to person basis by talking with your manager. Fight for yourself as no one else is looking out for you or your family.

Your terminal mgr should have protected you in he asked you to help out. I know I was asked to run a new run nobody else wanted but was actually 40 miles a night shorter then what I was doing. The mgr allowed me 2 hours on the clock to make up the difference which most mornings I put it more hours but the 2 hours was a guaranteed no matter what. Turned out I liked the run and kept it for 3 years. Because of seniority I had the choice to turn it down though I told them if it didn't work I wanted back doing what I was doing before. My mgr kept his word and gave me the choice to slide back where I was and told him no. I'm sure like a lot of terminals we had both linehaul seniority and city and you couldn't move back and forth. I would think you could appeal that farther up the line and regain everything. Just 1 spot can make the difference in where and how much you earn.

You gave the answer

FlyByWire said:

Friend ,you gave the reason for your problem." Until you finally speak up". O.D. is unique in that you can take a problem to upper management for a solution if you feel you have been wronged.Two things about this.Just like the military,you need to go thru your chain of command.(it's posted somewhere in every terminal) And the most important.....you better be right.The length of time you waited may be against you.But hell,I would try it anyway.If it went down like you say it was still a screwing.Go for it.

JIM BOB said:
Friend ,you gave the reason for your problem." Until you finally speak up". O.D. is unique in that you can take a problem to upper management for a solution if you feel you have been wronged.Two things about this.Just like the military,you need to go thru your chain of command.(it's posted somewhere in every terminal) And the most important.....you better be right.The length of time you waited may be against you.But hell,I would try it anyway.If it went down like you say it was still a screwing.Go for it.

i think most companies have similar policies in effect, and even if they dont whats stopping you?

od did the same thing when i worked in col the move the break-bulk from col to indy it hurt a lot of people the screwed the driver the dock help the turn the place in to a ghost town o.d. dont care about you as much as you think it i feel 4 you i no how you feel an col was on top of there game when t.m. tom d ran the place.there open door policy is a joke if there mind is made up there is nothing you can say that will change it good luck to you.