Yellow | Is it just me ...

HBG135

TB Lurker
Credits
... or when YRC contacted the union about givebacks shouldn't the union have asked us to vote on if we wanted to give back anything or not? Maybe we don't want to give back anymore than they allready have. Is the union working for YRC or for the Teamsters?

My opinion is a vote on the concessions is just a formality.
It's a done deal whether we like it or not.

... or when YRC contacted the union about givebacks shouldn't the union have asked us to vote on if we wanted to give back anything or not? Maybe we don't want to give back anymore than they allready have. Is the union working for YRC or for the Teamsters?

Read your IBT Constitution and NMFA....they brought it to the Union....They have an obligation to negogiate....you will have the right to vote yes/no to accept it.
What if they came to the Union and wanted to give us MORE money and benefits.....would you have a gripe about not being notified before they went into negogiations?.....just a thought......KK

central pennsylvania whiner's disease

i dunno why you guys in pa. are whining so much.

the '8 cities' locals in central pa. have been giving the store away for at least the 32 years i've been in freight.

just to keep all those breakbulk jobs that are now so obsolete.

remember back in '82 when you guys voted 70% in?

i do.

3 years ahead of us getting the shaft in the '85 contract.

let me see here.

york, reading, lancaster, carlisle, harrisburg, sunbury, lebanon, and scranton.

did i get them right?

i dunno why you guys in pa. are whining so much.

the '8 cities' locals in central pa. have been giving the store away for at least the 32 years i've been in freight.

just to keep all those breakbulk jobs that are now so obsolete.

remember back in '82 when you guys voted 70% in?

i do.

3 years ahead of us getting the shaft in the '85 contract.

let me see here.

york, reading, lancaster, carlisle, harrisburg, sunbury, lebanon, and scranton.

did i get them right?

Sounds right to me and the only one I am not sure about is Sunbury...

I agree with you 100% fella....

That is what the car haulers were claiming too this year....BUT...they voted their contract down and the companies and the IBT went back to the table....so that theory does not hold water.....if you want to see if it will work....then go ahead and vote no!......KK