Is Obama wrong on Ukraine?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slavenomore, May 6, 2014.

1. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Is Obama Wrong on Ukraine? - Patrick J. Buchanan - Official Website

Looks like Obama is starting to see the light on Ukraine.

But the majority of the GOP still don't get it.
    And except for Rand Paul according to Pat they must thugging him for it. Are they flying negative stories about Paul?

Obama seems to have wised up that nobody wants it and its a waste of time, money and life.
    Its not our business.

". Asked in Manila how he answers critics who say his foreign policy appears to be one of “weakness,” the president, stung, replied:

“Typically, criticism of our foreign policy has been directed at the failure to use military force. And the question … I would have is, why is it that everybody is so eager to use military force after we’ve just gone through a decade of war at enormous costs to our troops and to our budget?

“[M]ost of the foreign policy commentators that have questioned our policies would go headlong into a bunch of military adventures that the American people had no interest in participating in and would not advance our core security interests.

“[M]any who were proponents of … a disastrous decision to go into Iraq haven’t really learned the lesson of the last decade, and they keep on just playing the same note over and over again.”

One senator Obama surely had in mind was Lindsey Graham who told “Face the Nation” this weekend, “I would sanction the energy economy of Russia, the banking sector of Russia, and try to drive the Russian economy into the ground.”

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

It could be done, practically overnight....

3. slavenomore

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AqCk57Slf3s

They're playing your song GOP.
    "Generals gathered in their masses.
    Just like witches at black masses..."

What a descriptive song of the GOP since GHW Bush became king.

4. Starkravinloon

I like Knights in White Satans.....

5. slavenomore

Pat's a Knight of Malta.
    He's about defense of our country.
    Not offense.

6. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

A good defense is a good offense

7. Starkravinloon

Nice, when they go together, isn't it....

8. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

I wanna go to Alaska, and watch the action across the pond. I hear you can see it from there

9. sharpshooter

What Obama REALLY wants is, for the news to stop covering the Ukraine, and get on his climate change thing, I mean, the guy has to make a living in a couple years, time to set up his post Presidency cash cow

10. Starkravinloon

I heard some scientist(sorry about the missing name..I didn't know the guy would come across as being a complete idiot) issue this statement on CBS News this morning and I quote,"For anyone that doesn't believe climate change is not happening, is just plain goofy"... Yes, he said "goofy"....

11. sharpshooter

Proof they are trying to appeal to the stupid and gullible, so he uses terms they know..lol

12. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

If you look at the history of our nation, the Dems have gotten us involved in more wars and killed more US citizens than the Reps:

Here we will make it simple:

Civil War- 625,000 (started by the Dems susseeding from Union)
    WWI- 120,000 (Wilson D)
    WWII- 400,000 (FDR D)
    Korea- 40,000 (Truman D)
    Vientam- 58,000 (JFK/LBJ D)

The left is the war mongers.
    The War on Terror is only around 7,000

13. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

It's about the "midterms", war, bluster, intervention isn't going to help his friends, climate change, it rained today...aha global warming, sunny tomorrow...aha climate change, dopes eat up climate change because its the answer for any type of weather anywhere, and its a easy sell based on that.

14. slavenomore

Pat says its the neocons.....that would be republicans. I'm talking today....right now.

15. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

Wow ! Sounds like the Democrats are the party that really cares about us keeping our freedom using your analogy.

16. Bubba74

good thing I heard both Korea and Vietnam were getting all set to invade America

17. slavenomore

Read the story. Pat leans right. You can't change our problems if ya refuse to see them. By defending the same BS the GOP has defended since 1991 (Kuwait) we will get the same and end up broker next time your guys get in. Because the GOP since then has favored Israel, Top money people of the world, the military defense sales lobby, corporate greed and empire building........as they mesmerize you with their superior ability ( which personally I think sucks and is a tremendous waste of money) "foreign policies)......... we have been losing jobs and the income gap is so wide that the majority have a hard time getting DC to listen to us. Their smokescreens have brought the present oligarchy on both sides...

Too much time watching other countries and helping out big oil whilst they just all use and abuse us.

They are still warmongering today.

When you think of warmongering do you think of Clinton or the Bush's?

All that was on the news in 12 years of Bush's was military BS.........and in the end paying attention to all their war crap instead of here came to an end in a huge economic crash.

Change is needed in policy big time for the GOP to ever rule again IMO.

18. slavenomore

Actually it goes back to before 1991. GHW Bush also was involved with the German wall coming down. I remember calling CNN and complaining that I couldn't find a job that paid and the only damned thing they cared about was Germany.
    Don't need to be caring about the rest of the world when your own people ain't making it.....but that's all its been with the Bush's.

19. Bubba74

Well we kind of have too. You see, oil is the life blood of our economy and the left does not want us to use our resources, so we are forced to buy it from people that hate us. Now, over a billion barrels out of the Dakotas and the govt fighting them every step of the way. ANWR (i"it will take 10 years to develop"- Billy C 1996) a pipeline (there is pure croney capitalism lets put it on Buffets railroad instead)

I dont know, let me ask a Bosnian or a Crotation, or a Somalian what they think

Bush wanted investigations into Freddie and Fannie. Barney and the left cried racism and blocked any attempt to investigate.
    Realistically, was your life affected by any US military action directly? Where there shortages of products or rationing? For 98% of America life went on as normal. The only reason people even knew therre was a war going on was because of the daily causalty updates in the paper (which went away after 1/20/09). Heck today, you have to struggle to find any news of the war Afghanistan.

as former head of the CIA, I would think so

I do agree that the GOP needs to change and embrace libertarian ideas, shun and retire the RINOS.
    The answers are there and if they do that, the Dems wont win and election for decades.

20. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

And I say it just a tad more blatant......but in the opposite direction.

For anyone that thinks that climate change can be controlled by humans is a jackass.