Is Obama wrong on Ukraine?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slavenomore, May 6, 2014.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

there is no such thing as a communist capitalist. The terms are alomost opposites.

Banks dont get this power unless govt gives it too them
    Govt allowed the banks to merge, govt gave them hundreds of billions in bailouts.
    Govt created the "too big to fail" concept
    Not being able to fail is not a capitalistic idea
    IMO too big to fail, too big to exist.

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Nope. I won't be moving to China anytime soon. But I will continue my crusade here, and attempt to fight the issues that are destroying my country.

3. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

How? They would be richer than they ever imagined themselves being... LOL.. They would be loaning money to third world countries and look like heroes... I think the banks would back it to the max...

4. Northern Flash

More jobs create more tax revenue because there will be more people paying taxes. So our lack of jobs is hurting the Govt. income. But it's a proven fact that if you give a politician more money to spend, they will spend it.

We have Govt. agencies and departments that have a budget, and if they happen to be under budget, they'll piss the leftover money away at the last minute, just to be sure that they don't get a budget cut for the next year. That is just an example of their wasteful spending.

But stopping the wasteful spending will. There is already enough revenue coming into the Govt......if they'd quit flushing it down the toilet.

5. Northern Flash

You are right. The Capitalist are willing to invest and spend money wherever they have to in order to make money and profits. The problem is that as a country, we are too stupid to allow those investors to invest here, which also creates jobs here. If we weren't forcing these rich people to invest overseas we'd all be better off because their profits would give us all better jobs and better pay.

Example: We won't drill in the Gulf of Mexico now, so Mexico is doing the "directional" drilling into the same spot. No jobs or revenue for the U.S. citizens......yet the same so called "risk" of an oil spill. We are stupid.

6. Starkravinloon

When? How long has it been going on? The ones in charge of firing up the printing presses, are the ones that need to be held accountable.. You think Harry, McConnell, McCain, Nancy or Obama are going to take the fall for this?

If you think so, you are more naive than I thought.. Hillary, if elected, will print more than Obama will ever think about printing... "Throw money at the masses, they will react, like a onlooker at a Roman gladiator".... She, like Obama, will look like the second coming.... And you will see France type taxation.. 75% of your union wages will be going to taxes and you will lose your bennies because the union won't be able to afford to pay...

7. Bubba74

and who will be called to clean up the mess?
    sure as heck wont be Mexico

8. Starkravinloon

We have 900 capped wells in the Gulf, why should we? Over a billion barels in Mother Natures womb...Go on over a little to the East, down around Key West to Cuba... Chinese.. Chinese drilling companies are slant drilling 24/7... Obama says nothing, people say... They know the rules for slant drilling, it's not illegal in International waters... Tuscaloosa Shelf runs from East Texas, across the middle of Louisiana and halfway across Mississippi, over a billion there... We're not as "oil poor" as people think, so production should be eminent, right... No so fast my friend..... The Eco-Friendly folks need financing.... Big Oil will do it... More regulations are down the pipe, where, you burning your leaves in your yard, will get you jail time.... You will have to bag them, turn them into the city sanitation department and they will sell them to the paper mills for fuel.... They profit off of you, but you get rid of your leaves and not break the law....

Ask "Hurricane Mary Landrieu"(D) from Louisiana, how much the feds stand to gain from "non-production" of American oil.... She has $300 million reasons for ya.... Obama knows all 300 million of 'em.....

9. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

That's part of the problem, the conservatives need to quit living in the past, the world is changing.
    Things aren't as black and white as they were in the old days.

The China paradox: communist capitalism?
    The one-time "workers' paradise" is now an economic superpower. The Chinese people are pursuing profits. Will they be able to pursue freedom, too?

The China paradox: communist capitalism? - CSMonitor.com

10. Starkravinloon

ya know, that idea we all have to buy American, may work if we put a pinch on these evil guys... But America has to make the move to put things back, like the "old days".. Ya know, manufacturing and such... But don't expect this regime to make that move, they know they are done, so they are scrambling to sock as much funds away as they can... It will be such happiness to say goodbye......

11. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

You are right Stark, I wouldn't count on either party to change anything on the trading situation. It is up to each and every one of us to voluntarily institute our own tariffs by purchasing American made.

Also when I purchase something I let people know that it was made in the USA , now they look for USA made stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
  12. Bubba74

China is a crony capitalist society (as was the USSR and Nazi Germany) as long as you are juiced in you will be fine.
    Even though the people may have a little more, they still live under the repressive yoke of govt.

13. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

I have no clue what you guys are talking about when ya say "we have" this or that oil.
    Mexico and China can say it but we can't.
    America is for sale and owns nothing acording to the right.
    Any oil or other natural resource can be bought by China, the Arabs, whoever. .......and the right have the hairbrained idea not to tax corporations either.

Will ya ever understand that they are stealing our country like they stole it from the Indians?

By following what they teach you.

The unions are good capitalists.
    You righties follow everything about capitalism that the thieves are teaching you and have since Carter.. ..dems follow it to.. ......till your enclosed in reservations drunk I geuss.

14. Bubba74

WTF are you talking about?

highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world or course buy a lobbyist and you find loopholes in the 70,000 + pages of the tax code. In fact almost $50,000,000,000 a year is spent on tax compliance.

15. Starkravinloon

Slave, you seriously need to brush up on your history,... Cuz.....

16. Starkravinloon

Slave, do you think your union supporting President would ever attempt to do this..... He idolized himself after FDR, or so he says...

17. Northern Flash

Of course, we will. That's how stupid we are. We could be making the money off the oil and have more high paying jobs because of that oil but instead the drilling is being done by Mexico, and everyone knows that they don't have the same safety and anti-spill standards that we do. But we'll be the ones cleaning up their mess. Stupid.....just plain stupid.

18. Northern Flash

Comments like this make you sound like just a political hack. We have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. How's life living in Oz?

Everyone makes the same amount whether you are lazy or a hard charger. Whatever you say.........:biglaugh:

19. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

My rectum is bleeding "anyone got a dollar to wipe with"

20. Starkravinloon

I don't haul logs but I appreciate the offer though.....