ODFL | Is Old Dominion matching vacation time for new hires?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
This rumor has been going around in my area ( Midwest ) that OD is matching vacation time for new hires if you jump ship and head for a seat in a green and white rig.

Anyone hear or know anything about this? Thanks in advance for your answers.

This rumor has been going around in my area ( Midwest ) that OD is matching vacation time for new hires if you jump ship and head for a seat in a green and white rig.

I haven't heard anything and I'm located in the midwest as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they were offering to match pay, vacation or whatever it takes to get an a$$ in the seat.

May vary terminal to terminal. Some are hiring at full pay some still bottom of progression. Vac time might be happening at some terminals. The easiest way would be to just call your closest terminal or the one you’d want to work out of and talk to the TM and find out.

During the hiring, nationwide growth and added territory/terminals/company buyout deals in 05-07, lot of variation per terminal/region on starting pay/quick acceleration up pay scale, etc. I myself started at 1 year rate, got top pay at 6 months. Full medical etc at 30 day mark. One company bought out, not really for sale, yet OD and 2 others dealing to purchase, got their drivers seniority/benefits for their time with them honored by OD in purchase deal. Some owners took the money and ran, let their drivers start at OD’s bottom.

Couple of out competitor are doing this, myself and others got offer from a competitor. So, might be in certain markets in retaliation.

During the hiring, nationwide growth and added territory/terminals/company buyout deals in 05-07, lot of variation per terminal/region on starting pay/quick acceleration up pay scale, etc. I myself started at 1 year rate, got top pay at 6 months. Full medical etc at 30 day mark. One company bought out, not really for sale, yet OD and 2 others dealing to purchase, got their drivers seniority/benefits for their time with them honored by OD in purchase deal. Some owners took the money and ran, let their drivers start at OD’s bottom.
They're not matching vacation time or starting at top rate at my location. I haven't heard that they doing it at any of our terminals. They would have alot of upset drivers if a new hire started with more vacation time over a driver that's been here awhile.