Central Transport | is PJAX hiring

re: 10 year driver quits,,,

Yep, yep.
I left back in '05 before this Vitrac(?) bought
them out.
I have a freind who works there now and
he's ready to hang it up, too.
I ran out of the Wilkes-Barre, Pa. term.
which is a satellite hub out of HBG.
Linehaul guys would run down to HBG.
and sit for hours and hours and hours
(for no $$$) before going anywhere.
Since Vitrac(?) took over I hear things are
pretty bad.
Also, the term mgr. in HBG. is supposed to
be worse than G. Bush at running the show.
The turnover at W.B. and HBG. are high.
"Like a revolving door", I'm told.
I guess some things never change...

i'm not quite sure what you mean by VITRAC?? lol...

at our terminal, we have come up with a good name for the two companies. VIJAX, lol...

Looking at the companies profits is a wise idea when job shopping. There are few companies that you can feel safe working at for a longtime. Its dog eat dog.

well det. is not hiring or toledo. but i have hurd other terminals are.
ya know some sit for hours some dont, me personally when i sit i hit the clock and do my edit sheet and get paid. i got 8 yrs in at pjax. and freight is up across the board, so i'm not too worried

well det. is not hiring or toledo. but i have hurd other terminals are.
ya know some sit for hours some dont, me personally when i sit i hit the clock and do my edit sheet and get paid. i got 8 yrs in at pjax. and freight is up across the board, so i'm not too worried
yeah and get those guys in col to sign those napping i mean dock edit sheets for your 20 hrs a week in col wink wink if you are who i think you are

now now, buckeye, lets not jump to any conclusion, i dont " milk the clock" if i do hit the clock i am working, and if i wasn't that would just be wrong, illmoral and fattening, but of course i do get naps from time to time, non paid of course. and as for 20 hours on the clock, thats just shenangens. and if you want to know just ask,

now now, buckeye, lets not jump to any conclusion, i dont " milk the clock" if i do hit the clock i am working, and if i wasn't that would just be wrong, illmoral and fattening, but of course i do get naps from time to time, non paid of course. and as for 20 hours on the clock, thats just shenangens. and if you want to know just ask,
my deepest apologies never meant to assume you got 20 hrs of sleep i mean dock work on the clock i know you are a deligent worker and napper:biglaugh:

I worked for pjax for 7 years. i dont know what terminal you work at, i worked at pitt. bunch of back stabbers, no one at plax cares about you. maybe since the hammels took the money and ran things will be better for you guys. i hear mark k is president of pjax now, met him many times, this guy could care less about any driver, trust me. good luck

I thought I would breathe some life into this thread and hope to get some more information. I too have an app in with PJAX/Vitran out of Pittsburgh. They had an ad online last week that they are hiring city drivers out of Pittsburgh.

I am hoping to get on with them or another ltl company. I have my app in with pretty much all of them.