R&L | Is R+L cleaning house or is it a blood-bath?

MONTANANY

TB Lurker
Credits
So in the last couple weeks 2 VP's of Sales (veterans to R+L) were let go and replaced by Yellow folks. Now today 3 Regional Sales Directors (also veterans to R+L - at least 2 were that I know of) were let go. Will they also be replaced by Yellow folks?

I wonder who got Larry SR's ear..........hope that the R+L direction of success does not follow the YRC path.

So in the last couple weeks 2 VP's of Sales (veterans to R+L) were let go and replaced by Yellow folks. Now today 3 Regional Sales Directors (also veterans to R+L - at least 2 were that I know of) were let go. Will they also be replaced by Yellow folks?

I wonder who got Larry SR's ear..........hope that the R+L direction of success does not follow the YRC path.

It will only follow the YRC path if he borrows hundreds of millions of dollars, and buys a bunch of overpriced trucking companies, then sucks the life out of them...

Do you now understand why some of us were wondering who's been in charge.... Maybe they(Roberts) have been hanging around WIL but that doesn't mean they know whats happening..... With the cars,tractors and all the other b.s. maybe they've been a little distracted... It's obvious sombody woke up....

Why should he have to borrow money. Thought they were loaded!!!!!:hysterical:

They are loaded!!!! I said "IF" he borrowed !!!! Senior has been sucessful because he "HAS NOT" gone into a lot of debt....:nutkick: Senior is a lot smarter than that idiot Zollars...:hysterical: Zollars has destroyed YRC...

A house cleaning may just be what is needed to weed out some of the family coat tails that some people been riding on for years.
Teaching each person their job and duties worked in the past,but with the growth and added responsabilities you got to have people that can step in and take charge,,, and the courage to let them try it on their own.
Too many "family friends" is not good business.

Like I have said in other posts....more cleaning is needed, get rid of the Friends and Family network......Hiring Solid intelligent freight people is the right direction... Yes men and Backstabbers with no real direction are holding back our Great Company. How many VP's did the company have 5 years ago. Now there is one for every position..
The Roberts family love the company and are good people, however they put their faith in the wrong people.

Blood Bath? ?

If they are trying to move the company in the RIGHT direction..why would you hire Yellow VP's that have been with Yellow for 20+ years? Where did they take Yellow?
And what would it have hurt to wait a few weeks until after Holidays? I know the Roberts probably starting stressing because company was losing business but losing business to the economy is different. You don't see other companies canning their people- you just look at different routes to take. Just my two cents.

If they are trying to move the company in the RIGHT direction..why would you hire Yellow VP's that have been with Yellow for 20+ years? Where did they take Yellow?
And what would it have hurt to wait a few weeks until after Holidays? I know the Roberts probably starting stressing because company was losing business but losing business to the economy is different. You don't see other companies canning their people- you just look at different routes to take. Just my two cents.

Those guys took Yellow to the number one trucking company in America!!! I'm sure they had no say in how the company spent their money,and brought Yellow to near disaster levels. I'm sure they realize if they don't make an immediate impact , they will be job hunting again.

I want to know more about this new president, Robert Zimmerman???...rumors were everywhere yesterday, and he's from yellow too isnt he?...i heard one guy say he was "a real go getter"...i beleive that's what we need so hopfully it's true

OH but they are

They are cutting people left and right...conway 2100/UPS 30%/FEDEX said cuts are coming/Citigroup 53,000/dupont 5,000...should I continue with the list?Everyone is realizing it is the economy not just certain companies....my .0180 cent....it would be two cents but they took 10% lol:1036316054:

Like I have said in other posts....more cleaning is needed, get rid of the Friends and Family network......Hiring Solid intelligent freight people is the right direction... Yes men and Backstabbers with no real direction are holding back our Great Company. How many VP's did the company have 5 years ago. Now there is one for every position..
The Roberts family love the company and are good people, however they put their faith in the wrong people.
Good post mailman!!!!!!!! Something i've been trying to say all along. Just because you have a old friend from high school that needs a job doesn't make that person a good freight man....... We need people in charge that have time in this industry and know what they are doing....

Thanks for the links they were very informative...he sounds like a great addition...i just hope all this change works and doesnt cause alot of chaos instead