SAIA | Is Saia a good company to drive for?

i use to drive for saia was a city driver for 4 yrs, then went on line haul. i voluntered to work a saturday run for a buddy. made it to atl, for the switch out to go back to my home terminal, called central dispatch, they told me i had to go to miami. told them i wasnt going. i had the hours to go, but it was the w/e and i went to the house. i didnt have a job the following monday.

i use to drive for saia was a city driver for 4 yrs, then went on line haul. i voluntered to work a saturday run for a buddy. made it to atl, for the switch out to go back to my home terminal, called central dispatch, they told me i had to go to miami. told them i wasnt going. i had the hours to go, but it was the w/e and i went to the house. i didnt have a job the following monday.

Its pretty sad when you volunteer for extra work to help out and get fired for it!! I know refusal of dispatch is automatic termination!! :tribehasspoken:

If you worked in the city for 4 yrs, and were trained in linehaul properly; you should have realized that was a possibility. There is all way's a chance that could happen.:1036316054:

Saia COULD be a great company to work for IF Saia would learn two things. Your drivers make the company. I'm not saying let the drivers run over you BUT take the extra step to KEEP your drivers WANTING to work. Stop bullying them around. Stop intimidating them to work. Stop being so two way about problems. Such as one driver doing something wrong, getting written up and then another driver come along and do the same thing OR worse and that driver only has to watch a Smith Driving System film and then go ride with another driver for 15 minutes. Saia does not mind showing their favorite drivers and dock workers. Stop the BS and get down to trucking. Saia will never be able to make a living saving money. You HAVE to spend money to make money and that is a fact. If you don't believe this, just lay off 1000 drivers and watch what happens to your freight business. It will not be an instant thing but it sure will go south at a high rate of speed. Get out of the banking business and go back to trucking to make a living.

They should of told him his job might be in jeopardy!! It has happened to me and I did the run!! Its not the end of the world having to run somewhere else!! Just learn from it either don't volunteer or expect the unexpected!!

If you worked in the city for 4 yrs, and were trained in linehaul properly; you should have realized that was a possibility. There is all way's a chance that could happen.:1036316054:
He said he VOLUNTERED- not his bid- covering a run for another driver helping to insure freight ran then you another driver dog the man

He said he VOLUNTERED- not his bid- covering a run for another driver helping to insure freight ran then you another driver dog the man

Dog the man??? He is just stating a fact that we all know!! If you refuse a load whether its your bid or volunteer run you will be terminated!! Once you volunteer all rules apply!! I don’t think one single driver here at the share and care wanted that man to get fired!! But the simple fact is he should of done the run and learned not to volunteer again knowing what could happen!!

Also he said he volunteered on the weekend. thats not covering another man's run; That's making extra $.:1036316054:

personality i think he's full of ::shit::, he ran from sc to atl thats going to be over 100 miles then atl to mia is another 647 miles that means he would have to lay down enroute to mia, not going to happen. i have never seen a single dispatched to lay down enroute

personality i think he's full of ::shit::, he ran from sc to atl thats going to be over 100 miles then atl to mia is another 647 miles that means he would have to lay down enroute to mia, not going to happen. i have never seen a single dispatched to lay down enroute

This is true.

:toxic:

saia

Sounds like SAIA employees should be filing complaints with the feds for violating labor laws. Why put up with that crap?

Sounds like SAIA employees should be filing complaints with the feds for violating labor laws. Why put up with that crap?

when you are hired you are told to be prepared to lay down, my first trip out and no meet man so had to finish the run and lay down. has not happened again