TForce | Is there any new gossip

Skeeter said:
One of the main reason FedEx is cleaning our clock is they work together. They have very few employees with bad attitudes and just want to bad mouth the company to who ever will listen.

While this may be true with their freight division , they are heading for rough waters with their package delvery company . The owner operators are winning lawsuits showing they are in fact employees and not contractors . In the last 2 months we have hired three former Fedex Ground drivers . Two owned their trucks and one leased his . Expect to see more of this with rising fuel prices .

Here's more on that :http://www.fedexaminer.com/fedexgroundlawsuit.php

nightprowler said:
While this may be true with their freight division , they are heading for rough waters with their package delvery company . The owner operators are winning lawsuits showing they are in fact employees and not contractors . In the last 2 months we have hired three former Fedex Ground drivers . Two owned their trucks and one leased his . Expect to see more of this with rising fuel prices .

Soooo.....where is Watkins going to fit into this happy little family. Probably the wrong forum for the question but we all UPS here so we can talk about the competition right?

Also heard that June 12 more intergration is taking place in the west. Not sur where that is going to leave us. Any views on this???

nightprowler said:

Yes nightprowler, I've kind of been watching that myself. I just hope union or not UPSF people will wake up and start pulling together. The one thing you can see about the parcel side they work together and for the most part that I see anyway have good positive attitudes. That makes a big difference in the success of a company.

Skeeter said:
The one thing you can see about the parcel side they work together and for the most part that I see anyway have good positive attitudes. That makes a big difference in the success of a company.

LOL! In package it is all dog eat dog. In package they are forced to act like they have a positive attitude but in all actuality they are scared for their jobs.

webidiot said:
they can want what ever they want...upsfreight is not non-union the union is alive and well in Reno and it will continue to grow through the motor cargo terminals in the west in the next couple of months....lets move some freight and spend less time worrying about how you are going to paint the international trucks because they do not meet the expectations of the volvos because the doors are different sizes, management people need to get a life....

Just remind us again how good the union at Reno Motor Cargo is? How much a mile and how much a hour? Just remember that we at (Motor Cargo) UPSF well be at .5173 and $21.00 per hour June 25. Union grow in the west? :duh: Doors different sizes who cares paint the trucks.:chairshot:

greezy trucker said:
Soooo.....where is Watkins going to fit into this happy little family. Probably the wrong forum for the question but we all UPS here so we can talk about the competition right?

Also heard that June 12 more intergration is taking place in the west. Not sur where that is going to leave us. Any views on this???

Integrating is just Dallas, El Paso and Albuquerque so far right?

Dreemer said:
Just remind us again how good the union at Reno Motor Cargo is? How much a mile and how much a hour? Just remember that we at (Motor Cargo) UPSF well be at .5173 and $21.00 per hour June 25. Union grow in the west? :duh: Doors different sizes who cares paint the trucks.:chairshot:

Without a contract the company can do what they want with you, you're an "at will " employee.
Yes,they can increase or decrease wages & benefits,also violate your senority rights.
Our contract is better than not having one,at least we have rights that they can't take away.
Protect your Rights. Union Yes

At mc/reno our contract was negotiated for mininmum rates and that is what we're getting for now. They can give us more if they wanted to. Sure I would like to be part of the NMFA to make more & have better benefits. Who wouldn't ? It's time for UPSF to
be "Fair & Honest" with everybody and treat us all the same. Same work/same Pay.
I give them 110% , have one of the hardest routes that nobody else wants and enjoy it along with the challenges I face day to day.
I get personal satisfaction of a job done well.

wazalumper2 said:
At mc/reno our contract was negotiated for mininmum rates and that is what we're getting for now. They can give us more if they wanted to. Sure I would like to be part of the NMFA to make more & have better benefits. Who wouldn't ? It's time for UPSF to
be "Fair & Honest" with everybody and treat us all the same. Same work/same Pay.
I give them 110% , have one of the hardest routes that nobody else wants and enjoy it along with the challenges I face day to day.
I get personal satisfaction of a job done well.
Welcome wazalumper2, I hope we all can be part of the NMFA.

And one more thing. I think what really Ticks them off is our Teamster sponsored insurance plan. UPSF is paying $585 a month per driver (X50) towards our BCBS plan & family included. Health Care is a BIG issue and it's their share of the premiums.What's in your contract ?

misfit73 said:
Dreemer why are Motor Cargo employee's not at top pay. Top rate for O (UPSF) is .5313 a mile.

UPSF told us that for fairness and paridy it would take till Aug '07 to get us "MC" up to "O" scale. That was the same time we got our delay, weather etc... cut. We did get 2 cents then but only 1 cent on triples (most of what we carry is triples). So now we loose out on about 10 hours a week delay, and we get maybe $25 more in mileage! Where is the fairness?
Those of you "O" who want to wait and see.....just see how the paycheck has gone down since the Edge Conversion. It sucks.

SIGN A CARD!!!!:bgroovy:

greezy trucker said:
See they are not paying me top dollar so is it ok if I have a bit of an attitude????

Negative driver . To quote a former manager " you sould be grateful we let you work here . "

The only attitudes allowed are positive ones . So lets all try to be team players , okay ... :1036316054:

nightprowler said:
Negative driver . To quote a former manager " you sould be grateful we let you work here . "

WELL SH$T CAN'T GET A BREAK. SO WHERE IS THE VASOLINE AND LETS GET THIS OVER WITH AND THANK YOU SIR CAN I HAVE ANOTHER!!!!!!!!! P.S. Thanks for breaking my illusional state!!!!!!

misfit73 said:
Dreemer why are Motor Cargo employee's not at top pay. Top rate for O (UPSF) is .5313 a mile.

I understand Big O drivers have had no bones tossed there way execpcet stocks and maybe medical but M/C drivers, Just give it time June 07 is what i've read to get too
.5313. I have gotten .047/mile raise in 6 months that is never seen in the LTL or any trucking company plus unheard of medical and insurance bennie's that M/C employee's have never seen which win factored in is a pay rasie becase my medical went down. My Q is How much and what is everyboby looking for, i mean it's been what 45 days since this all took place and we all want .61 a mile and $28.00 a hour come on get real. :wavey: