AAA Cooper | is this a rumor or not

DMT

TB Veteran
Credits
One of our other drivers(OD) in orlando was told by AAA driver there may be a merger or buyout with or by Southeastern Freight.I am not trying to start a rumor just asking if any one else has heard this.

I am not suggesting this to happen because it would not make sense since they are almost exactly the same ,just heard it from another driver and wanted to ask others if they had heard this.

My SEFL buddies say that would take care of SEFL wanting to cover the midwest, and AAA has some terminals in Ky, Il and MN.

no buyout or merg-same rumor floated when ups was looking to buy an LTL. kept hearing that ups was looking at AAA but turned out it was overnite.

The point is, why would you buy someone that duplicates your coverage? If you're going to buy someone, it would be to expand your coverage....... NEMF, Duie, some other central state company or a west coast company.

Here's the latest(and I really hope it's a sick joke) Old Dominion wants to buy Cooper now.Heard that one from ODFL drivers all week.

Buyout

hasbeenking said:
Here's the latest(and I really hope it's a sick joke) Old Dominion wants to buy Cooper now.Heard that one from ODFL drivers all week.
Heard that a while back and again yesterday.It's spreading like wildfire over here.Something is going on?

took over 5 years for the WSKT rumor to take place. A couple of years for the Carter & Son's to finally take shape.

I know the Navajo purchase went on for over a year (nothing going on ?)

Somebody else told me about this rumor can't remember who or where now you just never know do you

The biggest difference would be the amount of equiptment that would flood in to OD and in some cases the lack of places to put them.I do not believe it would happen,maybe a company in the midwest such as Midwest Motor to complete the coverage in that area.The OD website shows an another OD terminal to open in ND in the winter,like it is a setup for MT.

Been hearing

dmtorl said:
The biggest difference would be the amount of equiptment that would flood in to OD and in some cases the lack of places to put them.I do not believe it would happen,maybe a company in the midwest such as Midwest Motor to complete the coverage in that area.The OD website shows an another OD terminal to open in ND in the winter,like it is a setup for MT.

Been hearing the AAA rumor for a while.I believe there would be too much duplication to be practical.Because O.D. already has so many terminals in this area there would have to be a lot of consolidating and closing and people out of work.What everybody needs now is more freight.We have freight now but because of the increased work force and more equipment it takes a whole lot of freight to keep the green machine fed.If anything I look for O.D. to go further west or north west for a buy out.Then again I used to believe in the tooth fairy,so who knows.