TForce | Is this a rumor?

BusterNite

TB Legend
Credits
I am hearing alot of stories of drivers being pulled over from the safety Dept. In the North East. Drivers are being written up for speeding. 10mph over the limit is 5 days off with out pay. Anyone know for a fact if this is true. I thought the old days of being followed by "O" safety was over. Here we go again.

This is the first I have heard of this, but I would not doubt it considering the current hostile working conditions from management.
So do the brown safety cars have radar guns and light bars? The old O policy was 15 over in a company truck got you the ten days off. Most managers are not even aware of that policy

I am hearing alot of stories of drivers being pulled over from the safety Dept. In the North East. Drivers are being written up for speeding. 10mph over the limit is 5 days off with out pay. Anyone know for a fact if this is true. I thought the old days of being followed by "O" safety was over. Here we go again.

According to the old regional manager they are out there and you wont like it if they catch you speeding...Now take that for what you want...But I would say that if it isn't true YET....It will be real soon

I had heard this, but can;t confirm it. My question is, what are the new rules? I haven't seen a handbook with them or have I met anyone who knows of any training. Don't you think it would be nice that if they implemented a new set of rules, they would let you know somehow? Is it just me or do other people think that this just the last hurrah for the old O managment that is about to be shown the door.

These rumors are true to a extent. I wouldn't say there's people out there following us. But we sure are very popular with the UPS shield. We had one of our guys get busted on I81S by the Regional Safety Manager. Don't know the speed but he was definately out of work for a week. We've had a few calls from 4wheelers complaing about how a driver was driving. So act accordingly,you never know who's watching.:hide:

First as far as my take on this.
I'm a city driver I get paid by the hour.
I can't see any point in speeding.
Second I'm with 4 wheelers in traffic that like to speed,a few signal lights down the road I pull up and give them a great big grin in their driver side mirrors,because I was doing the speed limit,and here I am right behind you now you big dummy.

My last point at this time,is unless you have a siren,and flashing lights behind me,theres no way I'm pulling over for you regardless of what color,or what it says on your vehicle.

When I started last year, the trucks I drove did not have a working speedometer. I was always worried about speeding in school zones. I was not so worried about a safety man's violation, but rather a ticket from the real law going on my record.

In my book a no speedo truck is a deadlined truck.

Its our CDL we need to make our livings.
I really doubt a cop is going to except your excuss about your speedo not working.

I can just hear him now.
Oh is that right,tell it to the judge!!!!

the only rules are the ones being negiotated in Washington D.C.

the only reason to speed is to impress you manager and get special treatment.

Amen to that! At the Big R, where getting a couple instances of guys getting letters for speeding. Imagine that!

Amen to that! At the Big R, where getting a couple instances of guys getting letters for speeding. Imagine that!

So after they get this letter do they get to order a letter jacket, then add bars or pins for multiple awards?

They were doing this a GI until a few lawsuits were filed, then It stopped.

Why would someone be stressed out with anyone following them?
If your not doing anything wrong,why would you mind somebody behind you?
I had a local cop following my pick up truck most of my way home after I left the terminal tonight.
I nailed the posted speed limit,and just cruised along,untill he got tired of being behind me and hung a right.
I'm not a basket case now,I was obeying the law,no big deal.

Why would someone be stressed out with anyone following them?
If your not doing anything wrong,why would you mind somebody behind you?

I don't know why, But it happened and they stopped it. If it works, it works.

It's guys like this that keep the company on their toes and thinking twice about harassing employees.

They want you to get there in a timely manner but they don't want you to go over the posted limit. On a certain run here in the west, you cant drive the posted limit and arrive on your 11. It's this run where the company found trouble.

Well I've found in all of my years driving a city route,that I just did the best I could.
If it didn't work out,the management had to fix it so it would.

All whinning, squalling,and balling in the world can't change anything but your good health.

If its working the way its set up,no-one cares what you think about it.
If it doesn't work they have to do something different so it will.

Just like whats going on with the new time lines we are under.
The upper management could care less what us city drivers think about this.

But if it doesn't work out for them the way it is,the'll have to change their idea on this program,and find a better way for it to work out.