TForce | Is this a rumor?

I dont care what their little red light says, unless they have red and blue flashing lights on their car and it says STATE PATROL or some other law enforcement agency I'm not pulling over for anyone.

That's exactly what my TM said. Don't pull over for anyone but law enforcement!

I say 10-4 to that single screw.
The way this world is now with all the crime,a lot due to high unemployeement.
You don't know if someone wants to steal your freight,or your rig,or both.
If they want to talk to me,they can meet me at my next stop.

Back to the rumor topic...pay attention ladies cause I don't like to gossip dont make me repeat this:toxic:

There are safety people out there and they do pull you over. They pull up next to you and shine a red light at you that says "UPS Safety". I heard they're making their rounds St louis, Philly and Pittsburgh. They watch the yard with binoculars for violations. A driver in PTG supposedly got fired for coming in to the yard without a seatbelt and speeding in the yard. This is all 3rd party breakroom driver talk. In other words take it for what it's worth but if its true better safe than sorry. Watch your P's and Q's.

So what is the name of this entity? UPSF POLICE, Hawaii 5 U, CHUPS,?????? They had better hold on to the truck if they grab and I am runnIng, UPSJACK WITH A KODACK.

If a safety officer stops you for a chit -chat.
How do we enter that in our littile brown plastic techno boxes?

Would it be waiting for a bore?
Oh I mean waiting for a door.
No thats not going to work,how about stuck in traffic?

If a safety officer stops you for a chit -chat.
How do we enter that in our littile brown plastic techno boxes?

Would it be waiting for a bore?
Oh I mean waiting for a door.
No thats not going to work,how about stuck in traffic?

Waiting for a fairy.... I mean ferry.:smilie_132:

First as far as my take on this.
I'm a city driver I get paid by the hour.
I can't see any point in speeding.
Second I'm with 4 wheelers in traffic that like to speed,a few signal lights down the road I pull up and give them a great big grin in their driver side mirrors,because I was doing the speed limit,and here I am right behind you now you big dummy.

My last point at this time,is unless you have a siren,and flashing lights behind me,theres no way I'm pulling over for you regardless of what color,or what it says on your vehicle.

Your last point agree completely.:1036316054:

So what is the name of this entity? UPSF POLICE, Hawaii 5 U, CHUPS,?????? They had better hold on to the truck if they grab and I am runnIng, UPSJACK WITH A KODACK.

Now if CHUPS is wearing chaps with one of those mounty hats...Well I would have to consider it, purely for the fashion statement they are making......

The big thing here is something I've already posted about this issue.
How do we know someone doesn't want to steal our rig,or load,or both?

Or it could be someone wants to steal from us?

This is still my responce,if you want to talk to me,than follow me to my next stop,and talk to me there,where others are around to see you with me.

And also being a safety trainer I say there isn't a lot of safe places that we can just pull a large piece of equipment off the side of a road,or highway with out interrupting the flow of traffic.
So if you want anything from me, follow me to my next stop.

Now if CHUPS is wearing chaps with one of those mounty hats...Well I would have to consider it, purely for the fashion statement they are making......

I have seen alot of these people you have just described in Cape Cod MASS.:hysterical:

Do you think this is the safehaven for chups.:hysterical: I hear San Francisco is loaded with them too.....

I don't know about the rest of you on this issue?
Everyone has to do what they feel is right for themselves.
But this is my last response to this subject.
I will pull as far to the side of the road as safely possible,for an emergency vehicle with there siren going,and there lights flashing,as well as pulling over for law enforcement.
But anyone else will have to follow me to my next stop.

I really don't trust anyone pulling me over to the side of any roadway,that won't be able to protect my vehicle from being hit because I'm partly blocking a traffic lane.

And also I want to be some place safe with other people to see me,and whoever that individual may be talking together.

Before I'm going to be acused of something I want witnesses to be around to say if I did,or did not do something thats going to get me in a jam,or worse terminated.

Now this is my last word,and like I say everyone else can do what they feel is right for them.
I see this as purely a judgement call.

I don't know about the rest of you on this issue?
Everyone has to do what they feel is right for themselves.
But this is my last response to this subject.
I will pull as far to the side of the road as safely possible,for an emergency vehicle with there siren going,and there lights flashing,as well as pulling over for law enforcement.
But anyone else will have to follow me to my next stop.

I really don't trust anyone pulling me over to the side of any roadway,that won't be able to protect my vehicle from being hit because I'm partly blocking a traffic lane.

And also I want to be some place safe with other people to see me,and whoever that individual may be talking together.

Before I'm going to be acused of something I want witnesses to be around to say if I did,or did not do something thats going to get me in a jam,or worse terminated.

Now this is my last word,and like I say everyone else can do what they feel is right for them.
I see this as purely a judgement call.

Just a question, You are on a two lane road, One North and One south. You are going North and the emergency vehicle is going South with their siren and lights running. There is no other South bound traffic. Do you pull over? I HATE THAT! Just slow down and keep driving.:smilie_132:

Your the driver,whatever you feel is the safest move to make,its totally up to you.

BusterNight in your example on a straight stretch of road,on a clear day,you can slow down if you wish.

But anytime any vehicle will be blocking the path of an emergency vehicle,than its an issue with the law,on making the right or wrong call.

I for one will never understand if your a city driver why would you speed?

We get paid by the hour,not by the mile.

Just a question, You are on a two lane road, One North and One south. You are going North and the emergency vehicle is going South with their siren and lights running. There is no other South bound traffic. Do you pull over? I HATE THAT! Just slow down and keep driving.:smilie_132:

I hate it too but ,the original law states the reason for pulling over and comming too a complete stop is incase the emregency vehicle takes a right or a left directly in your path,as well as too not having to avoid oncomming traffic. I have seen instances where this is the case and those who did not pullover and stop, could have recieved a ticket for not stopping.....