TForce | Is this a rumor?

The Big R, Speeding?

Now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one!!:biglaugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Down hill out of gear....ANYTHING is possible.....Just bring the weenies for the roast at the bottom....This no joke I could run 70 and well we was a bit over that and a Roadway in front of me pulled away and I never did catch him....And we eventually hit flat ground.....No taillights in sight.....

I for one will never understand if your a city driver why would you speed?

We get paid by the hour,not by the mile.

We have P&D guys crying more than us about going slower.....I just shake my head....I have the newest truck and it was the one that they always wanted to take....but as soon as it was turned down....Well the bottom city guy uses it now.....Are we not here to make money??????? Mileage= go fast....Hourly = I will get there when I get there.......1+1=7?????

I hate it too but ,the original law states the reason for pulling over and comming too a complete stop is incase the emregency vehicle takes a right or a left directly in your path,as well as too not having to avoid oncomming traffic. I have seen instances where this is the case and those who did not pullover and stop, could have recieved a ticket for not stopping.....

OK, Your on a two lane road. One North and one South and NO left and NO right turns..........I got ya, and agree.:biglaugh: :1036316054:

My new job classification is a UPS Freight city steering wheel holder,and computer programer.

Well teaching the care,and feeding of the DIAD to the newbee dock/city driver this week.
Actualy helped me get a better handle on working it myself.

Down hill out of gear....ANYTHING is possible.....Just bring the weenies for the roast at the bottom....This no joke I could run 70 and well we was a bit over that and a Roadway in front of me pulled away and I never did catch him....And we eventually hit flat ground.....No taillights in sight.....

I just posted my origianl thought as a generalization. Years ago, I would run the road on weekends. I used a city tractor that would run about 72 on the flats, but would die on the hills. Used to make great time overall. Would always hear the CB chatter about us Brooklyn city guys, when the regular roadies would see us in their mirrors, then vice versa and then outa sight. There was one day when a city driver from another terminal had passed me and my buddy. I told my buddy to hang tight, I was gonna chase him down. Much to my dismay, he was faster than me, and in a matter of a few minutes, he was outa sight too. :smilie_132:

I guess it would be a might frustrating to want to hammer down.
And you foots already flat on the floor with no more hammer to put down.
When you see one of the competing companies pass you by with his mudflaps sticking straight out in the wind.
Well you can be thankful you won't get any speeding tickets.

When you see one of the competing companies pass you by with his mudflaps sticking straight out in the wind.

I can't do this. If I push to hard on the pedal I am afraid it will go right through the rusty floor board.:biglaugh:

You can get a speeding ticket anywhere....The last 2 I got...My truck ran 70 and that had nothing to do with it....That is why I don't understand saying we wont be speeding.....You go thru a poo-dung town and a copper with nothing better to do pulls you over for speeding up before you get to the speed limit sign....And it was in sight but hey he is the boss,Right....Lets us run to get our job done and if we don't respect it than it is our license....Maybe evryones cars should be turned down so they don't get a speeind ticket.....And you get us all running the same speed no one will be getting a ticket...Because we will all be stopped along side the road fighting....