TForce | Is UPS buying Estes?

Browne1

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys, there is a big rumor in CLT about UPS buying Estes, anybody here anything? I know we all heard this before....

Browne1 said:
Hey guys, there is a big rumor in CLT about UPS buying Estes, anybody here anything? I know we all heard this before....

I have been hearing that for 6 month's now, we shall see, I have also heard ccx is in trouble now for two weeks. I wonder how long that bs will fly.:Chocolate-Cow:

In 10 to 20 years from now the only truking comp will will be UPSF and FEDEX and YES DHL. I have a feeling that dhl will buy someone out (YelloW) hmm

Estes employees (at least the east side), are happy with the company the way it is. Some of them are happy to fuel and wait for dispatch for free. It would be interesting to see how it would play out, especially since the Union is out of the question with most of them.

From what I've heard, I don't think Rob is ready to sell. He's not done getting free work out of his employees yet.

I read an article a short time ago from the owners of the family owned Estes, and they were very clear that they had no interest in selling their company.

BusterNite said:
I read an article a short time ago from the owners of the family owned Estes, and they were very clear that they had no interest in selling their company.

come on, lets hope for the best...plus, the dollar bill is what matters. specially for rob

How about when Roadway wanted to buy Overnite,years ago?
The D.O.T blocked the sale.
They wouldn't go along with any Overnite,parking in Roadway.

Oh my thats so funny I even started laughing myself.

steve5 said:
Estes employees (at least the east side), are happy with the company the way it is. Some of them are happy to fuel and wait for dispatch for free. It would be interesting to see how it would play out, especially since the Union is out of the question with most of them.

From what I've heard, I don't think Rob is ready to sell. He's not done getting free work out of his employees yet.

OOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY
Who is ROB., Sorry for the ignorence but I am lost.

Apostolic said:
How about when Roadway wanted to buy Overnite,years ago?
The D.O.T blocked the sale.
They wouldn't go along with any Overnite,parking in Roadway.

Oh my thats so funny I even started laughing myself.

LOL, AND APPERENTLY, SO IS APO.

Yeh right!!!! Family owned just like AF-- American freightways was we didnt know about the sale untill it happened,good luck.

CORNBINDER said:
Yeh right!!!! Family owned just like AF-- American freightways was we didnt know about the sale untill it happened,good luck.
Thats right, I was about 2 hours into my run just setteling in for the day, when an East bounder called me on the radio and asked what I thought about the sale, and I was like " what the hell are you babbeling about"? I did make out REAL nice tho' when my stock went up up up, instantly.

BusterNite said:
Neither did the Watkins family have any intention of selling out.