TForce | Is UPS buying Estes?

Browne1 said:
speaking of empty miles, any word on the cancellation of weekend runs? I heard they were going to start with Sundays first..
I would not doubt it. I had it happen to me a few years back. I was a Sunday night bid schedule. After 3 Sundays in a row being cut I was told that Sundays were cancelled and for the next 3 months I worked 4 days a week. After a long fight and a $3000.00 loss. I got a rebid. Nice to let us know of the change in schedule bid runs. "O" repeats its self.

I certanly dont believe that UPS is considering buying anbody at this time there still not done rebranding OVERNITE.

webidiot why so negative?
We need to give this buyout some more time.
After all we didn't think UPS would get everything up,and running smoothly in just six months did we?
Well maybe we would of liked it to have worked out better in a shorter time.
But the bigger the buisness the longer its going to take.

You know nothing worth anything happens Overnite.
Whooops I meant overnight.

HA.HA.HA. don't you think that was funny webidiot?
Did it cheer you up?
I hope so.
I know you even can find humor in some things.
Look at the bright side,you don't have the worry of calling your bank,and not hear that your payroll hasn't been posted to your checking account.
Now thats one good thing to be happy about.

leo is gone and gordon doesn't get mentioned anymore.....holmes is running the show now and said in hrs last week that''overnite is dead..this is ups freight now..get over it '' the changes are going to start accelerating like a snowball going down a hill, once they have their technology in place,replacing people in the management areas will begin.....the old line''this is how we have always done it'' will get you shown the door

Thanks a lot for the news,bad habit.
You seem like someone thats on top of our current situation.
Keep us UPS Freight types posted,to what to keep our eyes opened for.

bad habit said:
leo is gone and gordon doesn't get mentioned anymore.....holmes is running the show now and said in hrs last week that''overnite is dead..this is ups freight now..get over it '' the changes are going to start accelerating like a snowball going down a hill, once they have their technology in place,replacing people in the management areas will begin.....the old line''this is how we have always done it'' will get you shown the door
Can't happen fast enough!! I'm tired of the "O" embarrasment.

hugnlug said:
Can't happen fast enough!! I'm tired of the "O" embarrasment.

Bring it on,,,, I know a few deadbeats. Let me help!!!!:bananalama: :bananalama: :bananalama: . Where are the horses???

CASHCOW said:
How couild dhl buy yrc ?

DHL Could buy YRCW very easily, they are a 67 billion dollar co. worldwide. But they did not buy YRCW , Duetchpost wich is the parent co. of DHL supposedly lent monies to YLLW. to buy RDWY. But do not forget, That was a merger not a buyout.... So how true do you think that statement is?????.

yellow bought roadway by assuming short term debt from institutions that roadway was behind on and had been called...they got controlling interest in the deal at about 70% face value....back to the original question....estes bought G.I.to do the same thing that Leo did, i.e. rapid expansion of territory, personell and equipment in a minimal amount of time. Estes did this to be as attractive to a prospective buyer looking to buy a national,established,low debt carrier....hmmm meybe UPS? They followed the lead set by AF when they went on a national growth spree,seemingly overnite, buying equipment, facilities and hiring more people than they had any use for....just as fdx was looking for a purchase into freight

bad habit said:
yellow bought roadway by assuming short term debt from institutions that roadway was behind on and had been called...they got controlling interest in the deal at about 70% face value...

Where did you get these figures and info from?
I think you need to go look at RDWY and Yell financial statements before and after. If any one of the compannies was in trouble it was Yellow. Which if you look at the financial statements why would the bank lend them money to by RDWY. Look how soon RPS started losing money once RDWY was spun off. Sparten and RPS global air went under within a few years.No more diverting funds from RDWY to keep them going. RDWY has always made money just the books sometimes never showed how much. 70 percent of face value thats funny I got almost 2 shares of yellow stock for every one of RDWY I had. Since the price is almost back to what roadway was trading at I doubled my money.
Getting back on subject you will see companies buying other companies for areas to get established accounts, equipment and mostly drivers. Drivers are going to hot commodities if any company wants to expand.

Is this like when K-Mart was going bankrupt,closing some of their stores.
The next news out was K-Mart was to buyout Sears Roebuck Company.
That news was some time ago.
You ask folks from Sears,or from K-Mart and know one seems to know who bought who?
Or if either one is buying one,or the other?

So who really knows about what these big companies have in mind?

I myself heard that Roadway had a lot of debit,Yellow bought them out,and took over Roadways bills.

But I also heard that not to long before Yellow bought any of the companies they now own, they were also in financial trouble.

Its hard to keep up with these high rollers?

I wounder where Yellow got all the money to do all of their butouts?

But what do I know,I'm only a lowly old truck driver?

abigbutthead said:
Where did you get these figures and info from?
I think you need to go look at RDWY and Yell financial statements before and after. If any one of the compannies was in trouble it was Yellow. Which if you look at the financial statements why would the bank lend them money to by RDWY. Look how soon RPS started losing money once RDWY was spun off. Sparten and RPS global air went under within a few years.No more diverting funds from RDWY to keep them going. RDWY has always made money just the books sometimes never showed how much. 70 percent of face value thats funny I got almost 2 shares of yellow stock for every one of RDWY I had. Since the price is almost back to what roadway was trading at I doubled my money.
Getting back on subject you will see companies buying other companies for areas to get established accounts, equipment and mostly drivers. Drivers are going to hot commodities if any company wants to expand.

You people are also forgetting the latest trend in the market, ( LP3'S), This is the reason why I say the union in this case is a pimple on the A$$ of UPS, a pain , but let's get it over with and move on now!!!!

(LP3) is the reason for the buyout's by these major companies. Thier goals Is to be a global leader in logistic mgnt. and transportation services.

There will be more buyout's in the future not only by UPS, but other's as well. We are going global!!!!! So in order for the competition to stay alive they must do the same. Or be bought out, or go under.

Apostolic said:
Is this like when K-Mart was going bankrupt,closing some of their stores.
The next news out was K-Mart was to buyout Sears Roebuck Company.
That news was some time ago.
You ask folks from Sears,or from K-Mart and know one seems to know who bought who?
Or if either one is buying one,or the other?

So who really knows about what these big companies have in mind?

I myself heard that Roadway had a lot of debit,Yellow bought them out,and took over Roadways bills.

But I also heard that not to long before Yellow bought any of the companies they now own, they were also in financial trouble.

Its hard to keep up with these high rollers?

I wounder where Yellow got all the money to do all of their butouts?

But what do I know,I'm only a lowly old truck driver?

The owner of Sears had controlling stock in Kmart, Bought out the rest of the leftover stock and mingled the merchandise of both companies. and in some cases used the realestate for joint ventures of merchandise from both companies, also closed one or the other and replaced the store with one or the other. And furthermore, YLLW. AND RDWY. merged, one did not buy out the other (YRCW). The reason for the merge was because of the shift in the market for (LP3's). They want too touch the world with one COMPANY.

Well if Yellow merged Roadway,with Roadway already owning New Penn.
Than why is Yellow running all of their companies as independent?
When Roadway was their biggest compition before?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time Accelerator.
I'm just inerested.
You seem like someone that is very well informed on these issues.
I'm really not messing with you,I'd like to no the answers.

Apostolic said:

I'm just inerested.
Thats a simple answer Apo. If one of the heads of the monster dies, the other heads just keep on going.

Apostolic said:

I'm just inerested.

I understand and I do not take your questions as offensive.

First of all , a little while ago, most transportation companies realized there was a shift in the economy, This shift was in relation to economies booming in countries we had little to no business interest in. (EXAMPLE) products built in china, One of the fastest growing economies to date , most of these investment companies are ( British, american, russian,german, sweetish,and so on and so on). With this in mind companies like fedex, DHL,UPS, said to themselves that we can become world dominator's in other markets as well as our own, and offer a package to our customer's worldwide in every transportation catagory.

1. trucking
2. small package
3. ocean
4. air
5. mail
6. warehousing
7. staff managment ,shipping, recieving.

and any other form of logistic management services available.

Rdwy, Yllw, CF, And ABF . were never strangers to this venture niether was UPS and FDX But now it is time in the worldwide growing economy to tie the loose ends sort of speak. Not too mention we now have companies with even more investment capita, then the trucking co,s. I have mentioned above.

RDWY had RPS and Roadway global air.
Yllw spent most ( if I am correct) of it's sales in independant worlwide broker's.
ABF the same as YLLW.
CF as we know, Emery worlwide.
and also owned a small package entity above and beyond Emery.

To offer an extensive portfolio has alway's been the dream of every major transportation co. But in a soft market as we have now and and a growing world economy promotes more monies and less competition. Particularly if you buy them out.... If Roadway and yellow merge, and at the time they were both 3 billion dollar companies, they now have a 6 billion dollar co. they also have the same costomer base they have alway's had, they do not have to worry about rebranding , wich costs millions. realestate liquidations, lost business due to customers liking one co over another, Newpenn was a strong runner in the shorthaul wich is where roadway and yellow were not good at, same with USF. Now we shall see who can float and who cannot.