ABF | Is work slow?

I just put in an application for road driver at South Chicago terminal in Chicago. Now I am feeling depressed..sigh...
I started this thread and still laid off since August of 2017 and 2 other men also. Work is still slow and 1 will retire in june and maybe 1 more before the end of the year. The new terminal Manger is still learning her job and a salesman quit leaving one salesman for a 20 man eol barn. Not sure when or if I will return she recalled 2 off layoff for 2 weeks and laid them off again, But I will wait for a return to work letter and see how much freight there is before I return. dont want to work 2 months again and laid off 10 more months. Sandman

Good luck ,Brother......It’s a little.......unusual,...to say the least, to only have one salesperson for a 20 man EOL terminal....

And to call two guys off of layoff, only to lay them off again two weeks later,..........borders on morally corrupt.......

Or ethically disinterested........

I started this thread and still laid off since August of 2017 and 2 other men also. Work is still slow and 1 will retire in june and maybe 1 more before the end of the year. The new terminal Manger is still learning her job and a salesman quit leaving one salesman for a 20 man eol barn. Not sure when or if I will return she recalled 2 off layoff for 2 weeks and laid them off again, But I will wait for a return to work letter and see how much freight there is before I return. dont want to work 2 months again and laid off 10 more months. Sandman
Are Yu 705 or 710?

Not a nation wide thing. We have no one laid off.
We dont have anybody on layoff but the bottom two are missing days because its slow. Yesterday they called the bottom guy in & there was nothing for him to do, if he gets in up till Thursday (and i hope he does) this is may be all planned to get a yes vote?

Why was 2017 and what's past of 2018 not been barn busters for ABF? I know before I left, December of 2016 through May of 2017 was all you could do to catch a breath, and still missing 20 stops a day. Then, it was like someone flipped a switch off?

We dont have anybody on layoff but the bottom two are missing days because its slow. Yesterday they called the bottom guy in & there was nothing for him to do, if he gets in up till Thursday (and i hope he does) this is may be all planned to get a yes vote?
I guess that’s possible but if I was close to a layoff I’d be hoping for more job protection. This contract lets city freight get peddled by contractors. That’s just begging for layoffs.

I guess that’s possible but if I was close to a layoff I’d be hoping for more job protection. This contract lets city freight get peddled by contractors. That’s just begging for layoffs.
My theory was wrong, bottom 2 or 3 won’t make it out today....

Abf is nothing but a contractor for Arcbest. Have you not looked at any bill of ladings lately? They can route it on whoever. So vote no and maybe somebody else will give us a decent contract ! Lol

What really sucks is most of the guys at ABF are super guys. Hate to see anyone having the carrot dangling in front of them. Makes life rough.
This won’t last long it’s a different breed of drivers out there now. They want a morning start & out on 8, to many other companies hurting for drivers for ABF to keep playing games...,

This won’t last long it’s a different breed of drivers out there now. They want a morning start & out on 8, to many other companies hurting for drivers for ABF to keep playing games...,
I would have killed for that back in the day. Now my wife would kill me if I was home that much.

Abf is nothing but a contractor for Arcbest. Have you not looked at any bill of ladings lately? They can route it on whoever. So vote no and maybe somebody else will give us a decent contract ! Lol

Vote “Yes”.........and you got the same thing,....right?

Then you ain’t got nothing to lose,........and everything to gain,......by voting “NO”........

Or vote yes... and you won't even have to worry about ABF being just a contractor for Arcbest in 5 more years. You know... like voting yes in 2013 which started the ball rollin in the first place.

So why not make Judy's career and dreams come true and vote yes again... right?

Just in case you didn't know... decent contracts were never just given... they always had to be fought for and earned... but then again... you wouldn't know anything about that coming from Conway... would you?

Or vote yes... and you won't even have to worry about ABF being just a contractor for Arcbest in 5 more years. You know... like voting yes in 2013 which started the ball rollin in the first place.

So why not make Judy's career and dreams come true and vote yes again... right?

Just in case you didn't know... decent contracts were never just given... they always had to be fought for and earned... but then again... you wouldn't know anything about that coming from Conway... would you?
That troll doesn’t work here anyway.