Yellow | Is YRC’s goal to make money?

mawells

TB Lurker
Credits
With the driver shortage and not being able to hire and retain drivers because of the low pay scale. Why doesn’t the management see the need to get rid of the non profitable freight and replace it with freight they can make money on? Also raise the rates to make sure they make money. This way they won’t have to have more drivers and they will make money. If I can see this and everyone else does, I’m not sure they want to succeed in the Ltl market. Just my opinion!!!

YRC's goal is to never make money or pay down the debt otherwise they will have to pay full pension and 15%!

First off I can’t stand how these people run this business. They’re awful. However I have to admit that the debt was at almost 2 billion dollars. It is currently at $900 million. Their tonnage per day for the year is down and their revenue per shipment and revenue per hundredweight is way up. They say it’s because they’ve shed unprofitable business. I’m not sure if it’s that or if their revenue per shipment is up because LTL capacity is so tight right now. And I’m not sure if their tonnage is down because they’ve shed unprofitable business or because their service is so awful.

With the driver shortage and not being able to hire and retain drivers because of the low pay scale. Why doesn’t the management see the need to get rid of the non profitable freight and replace it with freight they can make money on? Also raise the rates to make sure they make money. This way they won’t have to have more drivers and they will make money. If I can see this and everyone else does, I’m not sure they want to succeed in the Ltl market. Just my opinion!!!
They were so far in Debt, they did what they had to do to keep CashFlow coming. They were too busy trying to survive to worry about profit in the past 10 years.

It's all about looking POOR & broke and controlling the union sheep and there Cayman Island Banks love YRCW spare cash !!

@ $4.43/share and $900,000 debt load, how much ‘spare cash’ do you perceive?
Well they skimming -15% off me , for about $10-K a year and times that by 15,000 driver's ,figuring on low side for about $1.5 million a year , times 10 years for about $15 million over past years , pretty nice set up they have making people pay them to work for them ! :guiness:

Last edited:

Sounds easy enough huh? So they're going to raise rates to provide horrendous transit times and damaged freight, that's one hell of a good plan if they could find somebody dumb enough to sign up for that "service". You must remember most of the workforce strives everyday to cost the company money via time theft and willfully destroying freight so they feel better for voting to give back 15% plus. I wish I knew the claims YRC pays out annually, subtract 10% because stuff happens....the number left would probably boggle your mind, yet guys just can't figure out why they're still strapped with a huge debt load from years ago...its laughable after working there and seeing this stuff with my own eyes.

Well they skimming -15% off me , for about $10-K a year and times that by 15,000 driver's ,figuring on low side for about $1.5 million a year , times 10 years for about $15 million over past years , pretty nice set up they have making people pay them to work for them ! :guiness:
Better get rid of that coop calculator you have partner....I think the 0 key isn’t working right...Alexa, have Donna get Wong a new calculator....

Last edited:
Better get rid of that coop calculator you have partner....I think the 0 key isn’t working right...Alexa, have Donna get Wong a new calculator....
:clappy:
yXWccwu.jpg

Sounds easy enough huh? So they're going to raise rates to provide horrendous transit times and damaged freight, that's one hell of a good plan if they could find somebody dumb enough to sign up for that "service". You must remember most of the workforce strives everyday to cost the company money via time theft and willfully destroying freight so they feel better for voting to give back 15% plus. I wish I knew the claims YRC pays out annually, subtract 10% because stuff happens....the number left would probably boggle your mind, yet guys just can't figure out why they're still strapped with a huge debt load from years ago...its laughable after working there and seeing this stuff with my own eyes.
From what i can glean from the end of year report (12-31-2017), the claims paid for YRC only was $51.5 million. If you add in the workers Comp claims, the total appears to be $280.0 million.

They can’t skim anything .You voted for it.Well the majority did ,and you could have left like everyone else if you didn’t like the out come .Its still a job ,not much of one ,but we’re still here and not quitters,We will have to rebound and keep fighting till the end .Forced retirement or bankruptcy.I for one will asses what’s put in front of me for a vote .Except or reject.