Estes | It could happen to you!

Golfpro

TB Lurker
Credits
To Whom it may concern,,

What do you get after 24 years of dedicated service with Estes Express??

Your hours cut down to 31-32 hours, a week a rolling day off and

Your house foreclosed on!

Yes that"s right,, during these rough times Estes found away to play the numbers game!!

How can we maintain our comfy life style? Let"s cut the workers hours and give them rolling days off.

This is how it was done in Salisbury,MD.

You see My Husband was a Driver for Estes ,, First started in Baltimore then 4 yrs.ago transferred here to Salisbury,Md. Everything was going good,,50 to 55 hours a week. Here the Drivers were also the dock workers

they would go in early to load the trucks then hit the road,,Someone at Estes decided lets save money and cut these men back,,We can save money if we hire dock workers at a lower pay!!This caused a big problem,now the Drivers were coming in later and getting out on the road late which in turn made alot of customers mad because their deliveries were late and some customers decided to cancel their accounts with Estes.

Now the economy went bad and Estes needing to maintain their wealthy life style needed to cut back even more,,So they started with rolling days off and coming in at 10am then it went to 11am ,,Now I"am hearing that Bob O"Conner and Phil had something to do with this,,,after all,,they say,, the numbers show it could be done ..Now to make matters worse ,,we have the Term./Mang. Nick. First lets make this clear.

There is 2 other men besides my Husband who also has 24 or more years with this company,,Now when there was extra hours available they rarely went to these men with the most time in with the company .Instead it went to the guys:butt kiss: with 5 to 8yrs of service,,These were the guy"s:butt kiss: who play"s golf and softball with the T/M and who cover for him when he was at the gym and now taking up a nursing career.. or using the company truck to do other errands,,not to mention other dealings,Yet this man is still able to maintain his same pay and I am sure bonus..

And know these men with the most years with the company are not slackers either,

One would think if you were a good T/M you would give it your all to the most dedicated employees,,those men who helped Estes become what they were! Mr.Rob Estes needs to take a better look at what is really going on at these terminals .He might be able to save money on some of these Managers,,

Yes I am a BITTER WIFE,,after all I never thought after 24 yrs ,That we would lose our home to forecloser and that my Husband would have to start all over again with a new company and now be away from home for a week or so,,not to mention our Family needing to find a home and to start over again rebuilding our credit to be able to buy a new home in 2 or 3 years.

So,, Mr. Rob,,Bob,O"Conner,,Phil and Nick and all those other ones who helped crunch the numbers ,,I will pray for you all ..It seems to me that you all forgot who helped build this company ,,Men like My Husband!!

I am making copies of this letter and sending them to all of you and posting it on all the websites for all of those other workers to see,,I hope this does not happen to other good men out there,God Bless them and their Familys..

Thanks for nothing,,

A Bitter Wife,,:furious:

i agree with onehundred percent. we have a terminal manager that works about 20 hrs a week if he or she works that much. i doubt if there job is in jepordy. but that is what estes likes.

Let me say this my Husbands ex-tm from salisbury has had many visits from the HR dept. for complaints on his wrong doing"s.One road driver even kept a book on all that was going on there,,( dates Times and ect.)This driver left it in the locker room and the TM found it ,,Lauging his *** off he showed it to his buddies there and then got rid of it.
This guy is good at covering his own ***..
Maybe one day it might bite me in the ***,,lol
Thanks for your comment.
Golfpro"s Wife,,

Let me say this my Husbands ex-tm from salisbury has had many visits from the HR dept. for complaints on his wrong doing"s.One road driver even kept a book on all that was going on there,,( dates Times and ect.)This driver left it in the locker room and the TM found it ,,Lauging his *** off he showed it to his buddies there and then got rid of it.
This guy is good at covering his own ***..
Maybe one day it might bite me in the ***,,lol
Thanks for your comment.
Golfpro"s Wife,,

I visited that terminal a couple of times. I like that upscale part of the country. It looks like their is some big money around there. I would think a good t.m. and a good sales person would do that small terminal some good

I am sorry you guys lost your house. I do have a problem with what you said about the 5 to 8 year guys. i bust my *** everyday for ESTES and my numbers prove that. Your husband was a great employee and i am sorry to lose him. he was one of the fastest drivers we have but the other fast drivers are the 5 to 8 year employees!!! the slowest we have is actually a 24 year man and he runs our whole numbers down so maybe you should have a problem with him not us!!!!! I hope you guys the best like i said im sorry for your loss.I thought the world of ricky he is a great loss to this company but all the hours were given out equally between those who earned it and he was in that rotation.

I am sorry you guys lost your house. I do have a problem with what you said about the 5 to 8 year guys. i bust my *** everyday for ESTES and my numbers prove that. Your husband was a great employee and i am sorry to lose him. he was one of the fastest drivers we have but the other fast drivers are the 5 to 8 year employees!!! the slowest we have is actually a 24 year man and he runs our whole numbers down so maybe you should have a problem with him not us!!!!! I hope you guys the best like i said im sorry for your loss.I thought the world of ricky he is a great loss to this company but all the hours were given out equally between those who earned it and he was in that rotation.

Whatever happened to an old fashioned word called seniority? Oh, that's right, Estes doesn't recognize that word. I think they refer to it as "years of service". What the he!! was I thinking? TE out.....

Well softball player we know who you are. We all know how you act there are two sides to every story but there are definitly two sides to your face. This is not an employee or ex employee it is his wife. I spent many of nights alone thinking that my husband would get somewhere with Estes working 60 hours a week. No overtime for these guys so they can get ahead. Instead Estes owners and terminal managers who steal petty cash and are never there and have their a** kissers running around to play golf, softball and the bars to get ahead forget about the guy who busts his a** which is actually the ones who make the terminal manager look good. Does anyone get that? Treat the good guy like Sh*T and the a** kissers who do very little get ahead. Hmmmm, I sure don't. Golf pro and to the other Estes drivers whom we called friends for many years I am sorry for these tough times. It has hit everyone out here pretty hard but companies like this who condone these actions don't help matters. My husband left on his own sometime ago thank god. He was in a better mood every day he came home instead of how he acted when he came home from Estes. If he had stayed at Estes I dont think our marriage would have survived. That's how bad these guys get treated. Cursed at, yelled at, threatened to be fired on a daily basis. So as you can see Estes doesn't care about the little guy it's numbers and a**holes. No wonder the T/M fits in so well. Also in Little Nicky being a Nurse first you have to care about people so that won't work next you can't hide for hours a day so you might want to try another profession I would know I am a Nurse and I work very hard everyday.

Sincerely,

The Wife of Pita

Free petty cash, softball games, golfing, and honky tonks?????? Do they need any assistant's up that way? I have a 21' boat I can bring with me

Not my board ..however

With all the trouble YRC is having..........that union is still the best way to go........no matter how much a man plays softball or kisses *** or how slow he may get after many yrs of faithful service.....we still have seniority.....ok so maybe the man is a bit slow(not saying he is just your words)killed himself for 24 yrs jumping up and down out of the back of a trailer, hauling **** up to people houses, palletjacking that 800lb skid 5 times in one day because all you guys want is the freight on the truck regardless of the order it should be loaded, working 60 hours a week..probably taking a toll on his family........you think you jerkoffs would give him the benefit of the doubt, karma is a mutherf'er....
To the guys on this board I apologize for not being my board but had to say something to this piece of garbage:Flame-On:

We have a few "managers" that were given notice about the way they were talking to the employees, this memo came down from HR and HR has visited the term and counseled two that I know of, so no more Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.I'm not saying it isn't still being practiced as it probably is at a few terminals. Now if we could clean up the back stabbing, ***-Kissers!

this is why baltimores no vote in 2000 was a mistake. i still have friends there and trust me 029 will rise up again and this time it will be yes....

I am sorry to hear about Golfpro. I could not Imagine a home foreclosure. This scenario is happening to a lot of employee's everywhere that do not have the total respect of seniority. Any employee with that kind of seniority should not have to worry about the lack of work. A lot of people don't understand that now in these economic times, this is where total respect of seniority really counts, In this case, someone lost a home and a long time job that he dedicated himself to all of these years, simply because one manager would not acknowledge and respect seniority. How sad!!!

WOW!!!!! I am almost speechless! This kind of thinking should not be tolerated. Some day after you have busted your a$$ for a company for 20, 25,30 years, You will also slow down, Its natural. Your time will come in age. This kind of thinking is exactly why there is a need for JOB PROTECTION!!!

so a man with 24 years should get 60 hours and a 8 year man should get 10 that makes alot of sense... and that 24 year man is very quick on days that he has something planned and even slower on days he needs more money.. most of the senior men i do respect and think alot of but there are some that know how to MILK IT... I know that one slows with age. but in these times we all are hurting and no i dont think its fair that we ALL come in at 11 its not good for anyone including the customer. and it seems that you all think estes should just give us all a 45 hour paycheck..that would make sense if you wanted to GO BANKRUPT... but i work for a company that wants to make it through these hard times.

i hope that oneday when i have 20 or 25 years in a company i will still feel the same way i do now i love my job and sometimes it is very hard and stressful but that is life it isnt supposed to be gravy everyday. im not putting down our senior men by any means i was refering to the few that MILK the system.

so a man with 24 years should get 60 hours and a 8 year man should get 10 that makes alot of sense... and that 24 year man is very quick on days that he has something planned and even slower on days he needs more money.. most of the senior men i do respect and think alot of but there are some that know how to MILK IT... I know that one slows with age. but in these times we all are hurting and no i dont think its fair that we ALL come in at 11 its not good for anyone including the customer. and it seems that you all think estes should just give us all a 45 hour paycheck..that would make sense if you wanted to GO BANKRUPT... but i work for a company that wants to make it through these hard times.

Its simple, Seniority should rule period. From top to bottom in work that's available. There is no reason for anyone with seniority to work less than 40 hours. As far as anyone milking the job, That is why you have management to take care of this problem. I don't care who you work for, you will always find someone who will milk it and you will always find someone who is a kiss a$$. Seniority should rule period!! Management should take care of the rest. Are you saying you have no problem with someone below you getting the work and you go on lay off?? Or is this where you would like seniority to count?

i hope that oneday when i have 20 or 25 years in a company i will still feel the same way i do now i love my job and sometimes it is very hard and stressful but that is life it isnt supposed to be gravy everyday. im not putting down our senior men by any means i was refering to the few that MILK the system.

You won't if you have 25 years and are only working 4 days per week while a man with 10 years is working 5 days per week. You will wonder what happened to seniority.

Could you elaborate on how they milk it? The senior drivers at my barn "get their 8 and out the gate"

Well I suppose you will get faster after 24 years