Estes | It could happen to you!

I would like to say one thing, Strictly opinion and my own but this is what I do know. I agree with alot of what everyone on here says, The company has changed, And for the worse, The economy has hurt alot of families, President Obama clearly shows fear everyday over the stimulus. However you can not blame a company for wanting to hold on and stay in business, They have to do what is best for all employees, Not a few, even those with alot of seniority, I am one with over 20 years, Taking the same amount of cuts, and losing hours, I do not hold my TM accountable, Or the company because I just understand how things are, I have the choice to stay or go, Like Golfpros wife said, Her husband chose to leave, And I am sure it bothered the certain 071 TM regardless of what everyone says about him. And as far as him taking up a career elsewhere?Maybe everyone here should think of Mr Chaos comment, Maybe he does know something, Or maybe he is tired of the way things are. I know a few of the hub drivers that run out of 071 and have heard from certain others that this particular manager has changed in years, For the better, And a more spiritual man, For those of you on here that used to work here and remember him for who he was, Should maybe try to understand his situation as a manager trying to run a terminal with less people, I know my manager here in Pennsylvania struggles daily everyday, It is tough on everyone except the higher up positions, But they have pressure to. I am not one to engage in name drops or hurtful comments, and my heart goes out to Golfpros wife for losing there home, I could never dream of that happening, But it is all the same everywhere happening everyday, I wish your husband the very best and your family God's blessings. And for Nick if you read this forum, I am praying for you, Know the bible says no weapon should form against you should ever prosper, Keep your faith and good luck in everything you do as well.

Answer to your question,,He left on his own after going from a full time paycheck to a part time paycheck.We never lived above our means or purchased anything we could not afford..If he could have maintained 40hrs all would have been good but that was not the case here @ 071,,Maybe if he would have milked the clock like some of them @ 071 does,and are aloud to do then maybe we would be sitting pretty too.But Golfpro"s(my husband ) motto is get in get the job done and get home to his wife and kids!!
As you may have read from Softball players post,Golfpro was a big loss to this company,
Damn shame it took this for him realize it!!
Thanks for your concern,,
Golfpro"s WIFE,,

I am very sorry about the loss of your home and everything that's happened. I worked p&d for a couple month's and I couldn't make a decent living on 50+ hours a week. It was hard on my wife and very hard on me being gone and looking at brick walls for hours. I don't think theirs nothing more important than being home with your family. I think if I was your husband I would have switched to line haul a long time ago. The money is much better. Right now you get plent of time off and can still make a decent check if you only ran 3 days. Not to mention being home every weekend for 3 days most of the time. If you include 4 weeks vacation and 3 sick days + holidays and never having to speak with the tm.... I think someone needs to swallow their pride and get their old job back. Estes is not one of those companies that puts seniority first. Your husband knew that 20+ years ago. They wouldn't be able to drag me away after 20 years regardless who I didn't like.

Coupedeville - Bob and Phil aren't going to come down there everyone knows, even if they aren't saying it. So I will be the one Little Prize Boy has some good grits on one of them. Nothing is going to happen to him or his flunkies unless, what does the insurance companies call that, oh yeah an act of GOD! Then you will be covered by the good blanket. And paybacks are a bite. What goes around comes around later for the viewers in this play sorry to say but hopefully sooner for the players. Hopefully the good guy will finally win one.

Last race,hell as good as your last stop.As for the 24 year man he left because of hours,we went from nine to ten to eleven am start times,one more cut back and I will have to join that 24 year man,things got thin around my house a while back,now there just anrorexic.As for our terminal,we are a small and very dysfunctional family at times,our problems are the same as big ones, ours are only compounded because of our size,We do have people that have taken milking the clock and raised it to an art form,this can only happen for one reason,is allowed.As for Softball Player,Ill never agree with all his decsions but,hes management and Im a driver we will never agree and even if we did it doesnt matter because what ever the front office says ,goes,end of story.As for seniority,yea right.Company loyalty towards the employee?That got buried with the old man.Like I stated before this is a small barn and we bust our asses every day,even if some do find a way to milk things.We know who does this and who doesnt,hell,they know,I wish they would just have a little more respect for their fellow drivers,the 11 am start time is apparently a direct result of this practice.I really wish B.oconer or Phil would just come down read these people the riot act or kick their asses to the curb and quit throwing a blanket over the rest.Everybody be safe.

I read something somewhere that talks about sheeps and ravenous wolves :smilie_132:

Are you insinuating that I have become a wolf in sheep's clothing? Nah, just a tattooed, beer burping, Harley riding, truck driver in a UPS uniform, trying to make a living. No time to be angry any more. Just wishing the best for fellow brethren truck drivers. I almost sound kinda sappy any more huh? I knew you guys would miss the Evil Elvis one day. TE out.....:smilie_132:

want someone to show up and listen? just do like 029 back in 2000. we had em by the carloads..rob e, robey e, wayne y, junior j, larry g, jimmy m, we had em all show up.

go spend some money

Iv been through 071 before and elkton,and I heard people talk about this Nick guy,some of it sounded down right crimanel.I love it when the talking heads of Estes tell us that the good old boy network is gone.Guess they forgot one or two.

want someone to show up and listen? just do like 029 back in 2000. we had em by the carloads..rob e, robey e, wayne y, junior j, larry g, jimmy m, we had em all show up.
I hear ya! I know SE freight got their big boss's attention. He landed his private helecopter in the parking lot of the Swannee, Ga terminal a while back. He threatened to shut the doors if they checked the yes box. I thinks that's the 1st line in the 1st chapter in the book called "how to get your employee's to just say no." I attended one of those meetings once. Boy! the sucka**'s really shine during those meetings. The sad thing is the employee's were only making $10 bucks an hour with the chance of recieving a monthly bonus check as long as the production #'s were higher than the hard to meet budget. The white color's giving the meeting were grossing over $300k.

Coupe Deville - Bob and Phil aren't going to come down there everyone knows, even if they aren't saying it. So I will be the one Little Prince Boy has some good grits on one of them. Nothing is going to happen to him or his flunkies unless, what does the insurance companies call that, oh yeah an act of GOD! Then you will be covered by the good blanket. And paybacks are a bite. What goes around comes around letter for the viewers in this play sorry to say but hopefully soon for the players. Hopefully the good guy will finally in one.

PiTa,I couldn't resist and called a friend of mine in HR,how the hell did this guy keep his job this long?As she put it,its a shame when a whole terminal is being punished because of one guy.

yeah i've learned in kc that phone calls need to be made. sooner or later you will find someone who cares [hr is good place to start, won't have to call all the other numbers]

thebeerboy said:
yeah i've learned in kc that phone calls need to be made. sooner or later you will find someone who cares [hr is good place to start, won't have to call all the other numbers]
Look, all you have to do is make one call to Jr J. and he will look into it. I guarantee it. If a TM/dispatcher, etc. is not doing his job, report him! If that doesn't work call again. The biggest problem I've seen at Estes is that the workers are afraid to approach the big bosses because they are intimidated and think that nothing will get done. Take it from me, it DOES work!

As a former white collar/executive myself in manufacturing I encouraged the blue collar workers to come to me with their problems and I made sure they were solved if it was not just a case of a bad apple not liking his/her boss and looking to cause trouble.

I could tell you why I, a college educated former exec is driving a truck now, but it is too long to go into here. Suffice it to say that I am living a boyhood dream come true and Estes Express has so far been a great company and is fair to their drivers and employees. It's not perfect as no company is, but it is the best so far and I have driven for two other companies that almost shattered my dream. And like another person mentioned in a previous post, I have never seen a driver up and quit to find a better job in almost 12 years! That says alot about Big E.

jr is a good ol boy from the south. easy to talk to and deal with. if you do the best you can for estes then what do you have to worry about

this is why baltimores no vote in 2000 was a mistake. i still have friends there and trust me 029 will rise up again and this time it will be yes....

I seriously doubt that. I was running extra when that vote went down in 029 and was running thru there alot. That vote was the worst thing that ever happened to that terminal. They went from a real busy dock to a ghost town over night. IMO those boys won't try that again.

I seriously doubt that. I was running extra when that vote went down in 029 and was running thru there alot. That vote was the worst thing that ever happened to that terminal. They went from a real busy dock to a ghost town over night. IMO those boys won't try that again.

Yea, its a shame about that terminal. That place is so run down. I dont touch nothing there. I'm affraid I may become contaminated with something. They seldom have any extra freight. I think 029 is a tax write-off terminal now.

Yea, its a shame about that terminal. That place is so run down. I dont touch nothing there. I'm affraid I may become contaminated with something. They seldom have any extra freight. I think 029 is a tax write-off terminal now.

Probably so. I know in '98 till that vote in 2000 that terminal had tons of frieght. I would turn and burn outta there everytime. Then after that vote it went to the dogs fast. I've not been up there since '02 but they tell me it's got a little better but not much.

Probably so. I know in '98 till that vote in 2000 that terminal had tons of frieght. I would turn and burn outta there everytime. Then after that vote it went to the dogs fast. I've not been up there since '02 but they tell me it's got a little better but not much.

Just keep submitting to your employer and everything will be just find. Right driver?:eck15: TE out......

Look, all you have to do is make one call to Jr J. and he will look into it. I guarantee it. If a TM/dispatcher, etc. is not doing his job, report him! If that doesn't work call again. The biggest problem I've seen at Estes is that the workers are afraid to approach the big bosses because they are intimidated and think that nothing will get done. Take it from me, it DOES work!

As a former white collar/executive myself in manufacturing I encouraged the blue collar workers to come to me with their problems and I made sure they were solved if it was not just a case of a bad apple not liking his/her boss and looking to cause trouble.

I could tell you why I, a college educated former exec is driving a truck now, but it is too long to go into here. Suffice it to say that I am living a boyhood dream come true and Estes Express has so far been a great company and is fair to their drivers and employees. It's not perfect as no company is, but it is the best so far and I have driven for two other companies that almost shattered my dream. And like another person mentioned in a previous post, I have never seen a driver up and quit to find a better job in almost 12 years! That says alot about Big E.

From what I have been told those boys at 071 have called and called and called this guy seems to be in bed with Phil from 027 word has it they even have some side business together that they take care of on Estes time.