Estes | It could happen to you!

Well softball player we know who you are. We all know how you act there are two sides to every story but there are definitly two sides to your face. This is not an employee or ex employee it is his wife. I spent many of nights alone thinking that my husband would get somewhere with Estes working 60 hours a week. No overtime for these guys so they can get ahead. Instead Estes owners and terminal managers who steal petty cash and are never there and have their a** kissers running around to play golf, softball and the bars to get ahead forget about the guy who busts his a** which is actually the ones who make the terminal manager look good. Does anyone get that? Treat the good guy like Sh*T and the a** kissers who do very little get ahead. Hmmmm, I sure don't. Golf pro and to the other Estes drivers whom we called friends for many years I am sorry for these tough times. It has hit everyone out here pretty hard but companies like this who condone these actions don't help matters. My husband left on his own sometime ago thank god. He was in a better mood every day he came home instead of how he acted when he came home from Estes. If he had stayed at Estes I dont think our marriage would have survived. That's how bad these guys get treated. Cursed at, yelled at, threatened to be fired on a daily basis. So as you can see Estes doesn't care about the little guy it's numbers and a**holes. No wonder the T/M fits in so well. Also in Little Nicky being a Nurse first you have to care about people so that won't work next you can't hide for hours a day so you might want to try another profession I would know I am a Nurse and I work very hard everyday.

Sincerely,

The Wife of Pita

Well said, I've been here 6 years and we will see if MR. Softball feels the same if he does 24 years.

I seriously doubt that. I was running extra when that vote went down in 029 and was running thru there alot. That vote was the worst thing that ever happened to that terminal. They went from a real busy dock to a ghost town over night. IMO those boys won't try that again.

Gee, I wonder why some Employees try something to make it better for everybody and look what happens.

I seriously doubt that. I was running extra when that vote went down in 029 and was running thru there alot. That vote was the worst thing that ever happened to that terminal. They went from a real busy dock to a ghost town over night. IMO those boys won't try that again.

how right you are. that vote WAS the worst thing that ever happened. it should have been yes. look what those guys got for staying loyal to the man. THEY WERE TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO RETALIATION. and you said it yourself, now it's a ghost town. wow lied to again. imagine that....

how right you are. that vote WAS the worst thing that ever happened. it should have been yes. look what those guys got for staying loyal to the man. THEY WERE TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO RETALIATION. and you said it yourself, now it's a ghost town. wow lied to again. imagine that....

You boys up there can run around saying "yes vote" all you want. Most of us ain't drinking that Kool-Aid. We like our company just fine the way it is and do not see a need for a bunch of thugs taking our money for so-called "representation" just so we can see our company run down in the mud like so many in the past.

Don't misunderstand me, it is not the fact of being organized I'm so opposed to but the criminals that run the unions that I don't trust and will never get my money nor my vote. And that is all I have to say about that here. You called me out by quoting me and I answered now I'm done.
If we go any further with this topic our Moderator will stop us and tell us to go to the proper thread for pro/non debate. and he would be right this is not the place for it.

I heard Phil S. got the ax up there last week so maybe things will improve.

You boys up there can run around saying "yes vote" all you want. Most of us ain't drinking that Kool-Aid. We like our company just fine the way it is and do not see a need for a bunch of thugs taking our money for so-called "representation" just so we can see our company run down in the mud like so many in the past.

Don't misunderstand me, it is not the fact of being organized I'm so opposed to but the criminals that run the unions that I don't trust and will never get my money nor my vote. And that is all I have to say about that here. You called me out by quoting me and I answered now I'm done.
If we go any further with this topic our Moderator will stop us and tell us to go to the proper thread for pro/non debate. and he would be right this is not the place for it.

I heard Phil S. got the ax up there last week so maybe things will improve.

Kd as usual you are a very Wise Man..:smilie_132:

Kd as usual you are a very Wise Man..:smilie_132:

He is SO WISE. I think after I retire I'm going to look KD up and we're moving to India and become monks. I think with KD's wisdom and my tolerence of pain we should have the place taken over ensight of a month.:biglaugh::smilie_132:

Trucking doesn't generate enough money to have a Union. I personally have no problem with it mainly because my dad was union since 1972. They really took care of him and us. He retired at age 52. I am glad he was union. They paid for all our health care at no cost. No matter what the problem was $7.50 cent took care of it. We could even join the local gym, paid for by the union. He was making $28+ (base)an hour years ago with the option to work all the overtime he wanted. Time and a half after 8 and doubletime on the weekends. Tripple time on weekend holidays and tripple time on his birthday. Will the union work at big E ...... Not in our lifetime. Too much overhead in trucking. Look what it's doing to other companies.

He is SO WISE. I think after I retire I'm going to look KD up and we're moving to India and become monks. I think with KD's wisdom and my tolerence of pain we should have the place taken over ensight of a month.:biglaugh::smilie_132:

:biglaugh:ok RMan but does it have to be India? Man it's awful hot and dry there. Maybe The Bahamas need a couple of monks. lol

hey guys...i worked for estes in a se estes shop. 11 yrs service. the shop manager rides people for silly crap so bad you wished never heard of estes. i've never been harassed like this in my 30 year career as a mechanic. One day i was the best mechanic in the shop the next day was road like a horse. I finally had enough and called hr. they tell you it's discreet...what a joke..the next thing i knew i was harassed because of some health issues, all of a sudden i'm kinda slow but still was the one to repair trucks right the 1st time with hardly ever a comeback. now i'm gone and am in bad health mainly because of giving up. the management at estes are trained to operate this way. none of em give a crap about anyone but there own butt. i hope it all comes back to them there in 041. so don't tell me robey estes gives a crap about anyone but him and his precious yes men. i've never seen such back stabbing and just no care attitude about there fellow men. shame on you. so guys ...hr and that help line is a bunch of crap...don't trust any of them. i do miss alot of people at estes..there was a few good guys. all i know is i couldn't sleep if i treated anyone the way they are doing people...and this started way before the economy went bad. u all have a good night and i pray for all that did wrong there...the Lord said to love your enemies...boy it shore is hard...bye for now!! <><

Sorry to hear about your health problems simpleman. You said you now are gone because you gave up. I take it you quit? I can't speak much on how things go in the shops (especially that one in 041, what a circus) but we have had some real bad shop foremans in the past and I'd say you had one of 'em.
I can only express how I've been treated as a driver here and that has been very good and I do believe Rob cares about his people but there are things that happen that he may not even be aware of sometimes. That's why I say I bet you had a bad foreman if he did you wrong.

hey guys...i worked for estes in a se estes shop. 11 yrs service. the shop manager rides people for silly crap so bad you wished never heard of estes. i've never been harassed like this in my 30 year career as a mechanic. One day i was the best mechanic in the shop the next day was road like a horse. I finally had enough and called hr. they tell you it's discreet...what a joke..the next thing i knew i was harassed because of some health issues, all of a sudden i'm kinda slow but still was the one to repair trucks right the 1st time with hardly ever a comeback. now i'm gone and am in bad health mainly because of giving up. the management at estes are trained to operate this way. none of em give a crap about anyone but there own butt. i hope it all comes back to them there in 041. so don't tell me robey estes gives a crap about anyone but him and his precious yes men. i've never seen such back stabbing and just no care attitude about there fellow men. shame on you. so guys ...hr and that help line is a bunch of crap...don't trust any of them. i do miss alot of people at estes..there was a few good guys. all i know is i couldn't sleep if i treated anyone the way they are doing people...and this started way before the economy went bad. u all have a good night and i pray for all that did wrong there...the Lord said to love your enemies...boy it shore is hard...bye for now!! <><

Sorry to hear that my buddy,
HR is an open door to let the company know who is the problem.... And it always starts with the trusting individual thinking that they are on YOUR side... HR takes into account who you are trying to throw under the bus, and measure the importance of such. Whether they deem that you are right or wrong. You are the one who pays... He's wrong.... FIRE him.... He's right, FIRE him!
Human Resorces is strickly for the pamphlets, and handouts.
&quot;what's the phone number to such and such&quot;? Never confuse who is on your side, but your own good judgement... That equals keeping your mouth shut, and doing as your told.
You silly goose, a human resource department has to be hired by US, independant of the company. Now you're getting into U status, which we don't need.
It's kinda like asking your wife's divorce lawyer to give you a &quot;heads up&quot; on what she is thinking...
:loser:LEGSHOT:loser:

Sorry to hear that man. With your talent you'll hook up with someone. Keep the faith.:smilie_132:wavin dat hand