FedEx Freight | "It will be like nothing you've ever seen before"

I wonder what is upper managements plan when the snow flies. Another consideration is that when the economy picks up these carriers will jack up their rates and there will not be enough drivers to cover the freight as they got rid of a lot of good people who did care for the company.

When I run to the rch hub....get there about midnight....it looks like a frickin truckstop with all the 53s sitting around. And like you said there isn't enough people to work the freight....more guys sitting at home while Risinger and Star transportation get rich. This just seems morally wrong to me.....These pts are running in both directions now regardless of lane imbalance. Last night they sent a pt from Greenville NC to rch....never saw that before...just bugs me.
I feel for all you line drivers, but I also feel that line haul as we know it is a thing of the past. It seems almost like what forklift drivers were considered at one time, a skilled craft are now a dime a dozen these days.

Line haul drivers are skilled but the PT drivers can do almost the same job at a much more profitable rate so who do you think is going to get the work? I bet if there was a terminal willing to work for .30 cpm using HHG, no wait time pay, D&H pay, breakdown time and full paid time off, everyone at that terminal would be working.

And if you are still believing the lane imbalance story then we need to talk., I may have a super good deal on some swampland in Florida for sale.

I think right now with the state of the truckload market that FedEx and other LTL's are getting such great rates from PT that they just can't turn it down. Would you pay $10.00 for a shirt at Sears when you could get the same one at Wal-Mart for $5.00? Be truthful...no, you wouldn't. And neither would I.

As the supply/demand of freight comes back into balance (it always does) rates in the truckload market will rise and we will see some freight go back on our trucks.

I don't see PT as the great Satan like you guys do. It is what it is.

Thankyou. I am a 15 year veteran of Viking/FedEx myself as well as just finishing my Bachelors degree in Accounting Information systems with a minor in Business management. Been a truck driver since I turned 18 and now it is time to do something else.

Good for you Q67B, use your head, not your back. Trucking will be a good thing to fall back on if you need to.
Welcome to the boards. Been with Vikn/Fedex a while myself.

(I don't go to Walmart anymore)

171733472HZiRLQ_ph.jpg

Now let's truck!!

Thankyou. I am a 15 year veteran of Viking/FedEx myself as well as just finishing my Bachelors degree in Accounting Information systems with a minor in Business management. Been a truck driver since I turned 18 and now it is time to do something else.

congrats. thats great ,especially with the hours we work,good luck.

I think right now with the state of the truckload market that FedEx and other LTL's are getting such great rates from PT that they just can't turn it down. Would you pay $10.00 for a shirt at Sears when you could get the same one at Wal-Mart for $5.00? Be truthful...no, you wouldn't. And neither would I.

As the supply/demand of freight comes back into balance (it always does) rates in the truckload market will rise and we will see some freight go back on our trucks.

I don't see PT as the great Satan like you guys do. It is what it is.

Depends. Chances are that shirt is NOT the same. WalMart keeps their prices down by selling cheaper knockoffs of quality products. If you want a shirt that will last longer, you spend the extra money for that. If you want a shirt that is cheaply made and gives you a rash, buy it.

You get what you pay for. That is the final line in anything. From employees to service. Our customers are paying for a service and not getting it. We lie to them and put their freight on another carrier and hope it gets there. I've seen the inbound PT loads, and good god! What freaking messes! But when you take the lowest bidder, you can't really complain about quality. I mean, if you get the cheapest house painter, you can't really complaine about paint on your windows and deck can you?

You say when things rebound, we'll see the freight back on our trucks? Really? Who is going to pull it? Local? Who is going to deliver it then? Part Time CDL holding dock workers?

Yeah, it is what it is. Should be VERY interesting this winter here in the NW when PT drivers park it.

Thanks Northwest and 4jdog. It was a long hard road, but definately worth it. I was wanting to move up within FedEx as I have been here for so long, but I can't push Crap down other peoples throats if I won't eat it myself.

I keep telling people that what the company is telling you about the 10 / 50 program or 50 /10 or whatever the FiretrUCK it is, it really is all about 50% of our freight being on PT by 2010.
I can no longer tell the difference between a FedEx yard or hub,from a Flying J or a Petro there are so many different purchase companies in the yards now,wow!!!

I can no longer tell the difference between a FedEx yard or hub,from a Flying J or a Petro there are so many different purchase companies in the yards now,wow!!!

creeper :clap:

Hey.....
Don't give them any ideas...........
Next thing you know, we will start installing
new showers next to the break rooms.
Five bucks per person could go a long way
to make extra income for each terminal. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

:shift:

They are picking up at a new customer in GVN that they can't handle the freight. So they use purchase to handle it. Doesn't make sense.....