ITF calls on companies to exert pressure on US transport firm

Who Cares

TB Lurker
Credits
The ITF has called on clients of a US trucking firm to reconsider their business connections with the company until a dispute over labour violations has been resolved.

In a letter dated 10 October, ITF General Secretary David Cockroft urged representatives of K-Mart, JC Penny and Gap Inc to review their relations with West Coast carrier Oak Harbor Freight Lines
International Transport Workers' Federation: News online

i am pleased to hear this as hopefully the owners of ohfl will consider ending this with a fair contract that BOTH sides can be proud of

(He also reminded them that a number of the firm’s other clients had already taken action, stating: “Several socially responsible companies, including Recreational Equipment Inc and Urban Outfitters, have already elected to suspend their relationship with Oak Harbor until the company finds a just and lasting resolution to the ongoing labour dispute.”)

REI?
uh, no they haven't.

What is your source Groundpounder? From my understanding they are ones that pulled out towards the beginning because they didn't want to hassle with it all.

groundpounder might want to change his name to windowlicker since he doesnt seem to know what he is talking about jobs for justice contacted REI and explained our situation and they were one of the first to pull out not saying that they support us or anything they probably just dont want the negative publicity kinda like what the gap is experiancing now and just so windowlicker knows i like all the people at the gap that deliver to htey hope that it gets settled soon they miss thier regular drivers you know the clean cut polite and knowledgable guys not the other word for replacement

I bet Urban Outfitters change their mind very quickly if YRC closes. There will be no capacity and OHFL will be a welcome site at their loading dock.

These strikes never end well.

The union screwed this up pretty badly...

Just like the Red Star strike and the Overnite strike....

Teamsters release radio statement regarding Gap Inc.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/oak-harbor-freight-teamsters-take/story.aspx?guid={204F9543-2A7E-4F78-9A01-0DAEAD6078BA}&dist=hppr

I love market watch, they are not afraid to use the "s" word in their stories.

silvertooth;

"Market Watch" isn't actually a news agency, but rather simply a vehicle through which organizations like the Teamsters can have their press releases disseminated....and I don't recall the Teamsters ever having any qualms about shouting-out the word in question.

it is good to hear others mention that the Union has messed this up. it is kind of funny that the line is getting thinner and thinner. heck, even the union is using replacement strikers to walk the line. what a joke.

Replacement strikers now that is a good one Aub I think what you meant to say is other people in the community, other unions and other locals supporting the OHFL strikers. They don't get paid! It is standing up for what they believe.

Replacement strikers now that is a good one Aub I think what you meant to say is other people in the community, other unions and other locals supporting the OHFL strikers. They don't get paid! It is standing up for what they believe.

And they all drive Crown Vics and they are all well fed. They finally showed up here. I was wondering when they would get with it. Nice guys, though. They waved at me as I was going by. I think a little exercise is in order. More walking, less standing, people. Maybe some ballast on those signs.

We have had overwhelming support from the Carpenters ,teachers,city workers ,electricians,longshoremen
machinists and other labor groups, we are happy and grateful for their food,firewood,and encouraging words. Our fight is their fight. Thanks for all the help brothers and sisters. All for one and one for all ! You can help us hold a sign any time.

Portland has seen Reddeway, ABF, Yellow, Roadway, TP & UPS. We are fighting this fight for all of us. We have held our ground for what we have and will not give it up.