It's because I drive a Hummer!

kantgetryte

TB Legend
Credits
[video]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/29/no-toilet-paper_n_4687312.html?1391009791&icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D436252[/video]

This reminds me of greenies who dry & reuse dental floss. In the old days here in the hills people used newspapers or catalogs for wipes in the outhouse. Before that they used corn cobs. There were red & white corn cobs. They would use a red cob first then use a white cob to see if they needed another red cob. Using corn cobs is the ultimate way to go natural & recycle. The used cobs can be put out on fields to decay. There's certainly no waste to this concept.

This reminds me of greenies who dry & reuse dental floss. In the old days here in the hills people used newspapers or catalogs for wipes in the outhouse. Before that they used corn cobs. There were red & white corn cobs. They would use a red cob first then use a white cob to see if they needed another red cob. Using corn cobs is the ultimate way to go natural & recycle. The used cobs can be put out on fields to decay. There's certainly no waste to this concept.
I'm all for recycling such as old furniture,lamps,plastic bags but dental floss and cloth toilet paper, that is just plain anal!

well i would imagine she has to buy air freshener to keep the house smelling good, from the piles of cloths.>!!

so what does she actually save..??

nah..good old fashion American toilet paper for me.....

unless i lived in Russia, where one gets to use sand paper.>!!

russiantoiletpaper.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I remember sometime back that the celebrities were boasting about how green they were. Cheryl Crow claimed to use only one sheet of toilet paper per visit to the potty. Celebrities like Streisand, Al Gore all encourage others to go green while living in multiple mansions. I still think the corn cob method should be looked at by those who really want to save the planet.

I remember sometime back that the celebrities were boasting about how green they were. Cheryl Crow claimed to use only one sheet of toilet paper per visit to the potty. Celebrities like Streisand, Al Gore all encourage others to go green while living in multiple mansions. I still think the corn cob method should be looked at by those who really want to save the planet.

yeah...multiple homes, multiple heating/a-c costs as well...what are they trying to prove..?? that they got money to burn..??

as far as the "corn cob" method...???????????

considering my garden crapped out last summer due to the extreme heat and my corn really crapped out as well, and i got a big arse.....

the "corn cob" method takes a back seat to soft, pliable, cushy toilet paper which i will proudly unravel from the roll, from over the top mind you, to wipe my big candy arse...>!!!!:hysterical:

Lets pick apart this "going green" trend. Really unless you can completely remove yourself from the grid, no electricity no sewer, you're just batting at flies. So now instead of using manufactured toilet paper, that's probably made from a renewable tree farm, made in a giant paper factory. Your going to use manufactured cloth from some giant factory both running off a power grid somewhere. Only to wash your poo through the washing machine (again using off another power grid) and still going to be processed by the same darn sewer treatment plant. Now your running that washer and dryer for your inexpensive butt wipe. You've just introduced an extra step into taking a poo, and not saving a bit of flipping energy. HOW DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

going green has many other implications..

i have to buy DEF for my truck, like so many others have to..

right now, i am lucky that finally, the truck stop i go to, has a DEF dispenser at the pumps..

but before then, i had to buy the DEF by the 2.5 gallon plastic jug....

ok...we clean up the air......

but now, we ADD MORE stuff to the garbage...what did we "save" the planet from....????

we take away from one, but added to another..??

great sense any of that anti-pollution crap makes....

I haven't quite figured out how that saves us anything either...not to mention the whole regeneration process on a big truck. We save up the soot only to sit still and burn it out all at once? I am missing something here. Not to mention manufacturing the def in the first place, it has to be refined SOMEWHERE. I will bet it puts off emmissions elsewhere. So what are we really saving?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

i had a truck at my current employer, that the re-gen process did not always work, and clogged up the exhaust filter.

it is a ceramic filter....

the exhaust system has to come apart and the ceramic "innards" must be removed, and sent a company that "cooks" the ceramic filter under high heat...(using gas..???) so the clogged filter can then be cleaned, then it gets shipped back to the garage to be re-assembled...

hmmm...

labor...costly

shipping to and fro...costly

gas (natural gas)...COSTLY.....

down time, or get a rental.....costly......

yep...

"save money AND the environment, with a re-gen engine.>!!!

Bob Dylan is one of those "green" types. I read a while back that he has a composting toilet outside of his Beverly Hills mansion. Has the neighbors all fuzzed up.

Apparently the smell of the composting toilet bothers their upscale noses.

well then instead of having thier noses up in the air, maybe they ought to lower their heads..??

I remember watching this show,just found it again BUT had a slice of day old pizza in my face and after watching esp.1 lost my appetite. If this show is syndicated around the world along with all the rest of garbage reality shows no wonder the world laughs at us

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a truck at my current employer, that the re-gen process did not always work, and clogged up the exhaust filter.

it is a ceramic filter....

the exhaust system has to come apart and the ceramic "innards" must be removed, and sent a company that "cooks" the ceramic filter under high heat...(using gas..???) so the clogged filter can then be cleaned, then it gets shipped back to the garage to be re-assembled...

hmmm...

labor...costly

shipping to and fro...costly

gas (natural gas)...COSTLY.....

down time, or get a rental.....costly......

yep...

"save money AND the environment, with a re-gen engine.>!!!

And to think that Washington DC is/has had all the emergency vehicles switched to diesel. they have had MANY problems with them shutting off during emergencies. Lawsuits are pending because of this. DC has ordered the engine manufactures to rework those engines to run WITHOUT the re-gen systems.