Central Transport | It's going to get better

People, joker3 is right jump ship now!!!!!! it's not going to get better for anyone, except the man with the money. He bought Vitran the same way some guys bye a hooker. Cheap and just give me what I want, blow me ,then I'll throw you to the curb like used trash and move on. Thats what Vitran is to manny, one big cheap HO that has something he needs.

Heard a longtime ago that Manny makes his money through real estate. He probably has no interest in the carrier itself, only the terminals.

People, joker3 is right jump ship now!!!!!! it's not going to get better for anyone, except the man with the money. He bought Vitran the same way some guys bye a hooker. Cheap and just give me what I want, blow me ,then I'll throw you to the curb like used trash and move on. Thats what Vitran is to manny, one big cheap HO that has something he needs.

Ignorant statement.

Heard a longtime ago that Manny makes his money through real estate. He probably has no interest in the carrier itself, only the terminals.

He makes a ton of money off real estate. Vitran was leasing 7 of his terminals, he owns over 200 outside the CT network that he leases to other trucking companies. He has a lot of interest in Vitran, wait and see.

Most all of these threads on Vitrans forum are pure drama and spin right now. That's why the "Train" the number one poster on Vitran's forum over the last year has chosen to take a break. NO ONE KNOWS HOW THIS WILL PLAY OUT. Almost every single thread is full of speculation. Since this big change many have lost all common sense. I find it totally comical. You would be a complete idiot to jump now. Give it a few months and see the direction this man takes. It's way to early to draw a conclusion. Forget all about this man's past deeds. It's a brand new day. And further more this man would have much more to gain by turning this company around than shutting it down. I think he will give it his best shot. Guys when your a billionaire its not about the money anymore. Its about accomplishments and leaving a legacy of how to do things that no one ever thought you could. Its about beating the odds and coming out a winner. Think what you want, I won't try to change your negative outlook. I will remain positive until this man starts showing me what his intentions are. If they are positive I will stay but if they are not I will leave. Its as simple as that for the "Train."

Last edited by a moderator:
manny loves us so much that he will let us work at his company and is going to give us a pay tier wage adjustment

Stunfish is right. Manny cares deeply about each and everyone of us. Actually, stunfish must know Manny well to be so sure of his ignorant statement.
I won't go that far. But it's way too early to jump. Why do so many of you want to borrow trouble? Give it some time. Like I keep saying over and over if this place doesn't move in the direction that you feel comfortable with then leave. Your CDL is your job security. What I'm fixing to say is a simple fact.....No spin.....Just fact....If this man didn't attempt to buy this company when he did you would all be out of a job by the end of the year and probably sooner. Stop trying to speculate how you think this will play out. No one could possibly know that at this moment in time. No one.

if this company does stay open, there's no way manny will let vitran drivers make more than c.t. drivers. there's alot of us at top pay scale and three weeks vacation. you can't count on getting those numbers shrunk and it's the same as starting over with a new company. it's just a bad time of year to look, the final screwing from vitran. i'll faint if i receive my entire wage and remaining days off paid if we get laid off.

if this company does stay open, there's no way manny will let vitran drivers make more than c.t. drivers. there's alot of us at top pay scale and three weeks vacation. you can't count on getting those numbers shrunk and it's the same as starting over with a new company. it's just a bad time of year to look, the final screwing from vitran. i'll faint if i receive my entire wage and remaining days off paid if we get laid off.
I'm sure many will lose their jobs. But many will not. I know many CT drivers in Dallas that are over 22hr. They all are senior drivers and they must strip their own trailers in the evening, but that's it. The new guys start at 18.50 much like us. I don't think we will get raises but I also don't think we will take pays cuts. I think pay, vacations and benefits will stay the same. I think we will get screwed with the $hitty insurance in 2015 but beyond that I don't see much changing. And that is just me speculating. They make much more money than many are saying on here. I had one show me his pay check stub.

Maybe you can get a better deal on health insurance through the exchanges that will start enrolling members on October 1st. Nothing says you are required to accept your Employer's health coverage.

I won't go that far. But it's way too early to jump. Why do so many of you want to borrow trouble? Give it some time. Like I keep saying over and over if this place doesn't move in the direction that you feel comfortable with then leave. Your CDL is your job security. What I'm fixing to say is a simple fact.....No spin.....Just fact....If this man didn't attempt to buy this company when he did you would all be out of a job by the end of the year and probably sooner. Stop trying to speculate how you think this will play out. No one could possibly know that at this moment in time. No one.

Well said Train. We would not have lasted till the end of the year, it would have been several weeks.

no one can predict the future but the patterns of a persons behavior rarely change manny has no interest in rebuilding a company

had enough is quite correct if vitran workers recieve better benefits the Ct works will complain remember the holding company exists for the benefit of the mother company

no one can predict the future but the patterns of a persons behavior rarely change manny has no interest in rebuilding a company
But people do change and Matthew is in a different generation. Matthew gave us a little more time. So use it wisely if you feel we are doomed. As for me and mine I'm waiting it out. When Vitran starting giving safety awards I knew they were trying to sell this company. CK was showing everyone then ......"see look at all of our safe drivers"....that's a selling tool and let me assure you if you have a safe driving record then they have a place for you. Whether it's here or somewhere else I can't say. That's why I always say to you guys your CDL is your job security. Take care of it and you have nothing to worry about because in time you will be back on top. May not start out with the greatest situation but in time after paying your dues you will move right on up. And life move on..

had enough is quite correct if vitran workers recieve better benefits the Ct works will complain remember the holding company exists for the benefit of the mother company
Common sense says they wouldn't be better. They will probably be around the same. Look all I'm saying is it's too early too jump. Wait and see the direction he starts to move. For heavens sake.....Stop borrowing trouble.

I'm sure many will lose their jobs. But many will not. I know many CT drivers in Dallas that are over 22hr. They all are senior drivers and they must strip their own trailers in the evening, but that's it. The new guys start at 18.50 much like us. I don't think we will get raises but I also don't think we will take pays cuts. I think pay, vacations and benefits will stay the same. I think we will get screwed with the $hitty insurance in 2015 but beyond that I don't see much changing. And that is just me speculating. They make much more money than many are saying on here. I had one show me his pay check stub.

I called a recruiter in MI and was told for five 14 hour days I would gross $900 a week to start. She could give no more info than that.