Central Transport | It's going to get better

I'm glad I got out when I did. I would have been forced to find another job anyways. I really hate this for a lot of you guys for others that are **** bags not so much. If i was there right now I think if i was there i would start filling out applications just in case.

I called a recruiter in MI and was told for five 14 hour days I would gross $900 a week to start. She could give no more info than that.
It's too early for all that. You guys want everything now. Be patient and give it more time. Many things will change.

i remember when vitran bought us and we we're thinking well get the o.t. after 40 and the better insurance, boy were we wrong.

i remember when vitran bought us and we we're thinking well get the o.t. after 40 and the better insurance, boy were we wrong.

Right on H.E. I also remember at that time we were told not to worry that there was plenty of work for everybody. We were told that nothing would change and nobody would lose their job.

Within a few months 12 drivers got their pink slips and were told they could reapply as "new hires" within 30 days. Also half of the management personnel were shown the door.

There is no way in hell this is a good thing. You are being lied to. I understand staying positive and hoping for the best, but if you believe the lies then you are a fool. At best, IMO, this acquisition gives everyone a little more time before the hammer falls....but the hammer IS going to fall

Right on H.E. I also remember at that time we were told not to worry that there was plenty of work for everybody. We were told that nothing would change and nobody would lose their job.

Within a few months 12 drivers got their pink slips and were told they could reapply as "new hires" within 30 days. Also half of the management personnel were shown the door.

There is no way in hell this is a good thing. You are being lied to. I understand staying positive and hoping for the best, but if you believe the lies then you are a fool. At best, IMO, this acquisition gives everyone a little more time before the hammer falls....but the hammer IS going to fall
It could play out that way 12bar but at this point no one really knows. But being negative surely doesn't help anyone here. You are gone now and have no vested interest. I don't think you wish our downfall at least on a personal level about your former co-workers but I'm certain you won't shed a tear for Keylon and his cronies if things go bad. I think Keylon will get what he deserves and be terminated or ask to resign depending on his contract, although Matthew would have no problem buying it out and sending him on his way. I'm sure his daddy will have the final say.

First of all Vitran current insurance isn't that bad from the job I had before here it's leaps & bounds better....Everything changes like it or not but you better accept it. If you think & act negative all the time nothing will ever get better...Be patient & give it time, if then when the facts are in front of you and not rumors then and only then you not satisfied with the outcome then make a change for yourself & your family just be smart!

For many, negative thinking is a habit, which over time becomes an addiction.... It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on a path, and to proceed.

As Train said, you are gone and have not a doggie in this hunt. Stop it with your BS, no one has lied as of yet. And right now, everyone has a chance. If Matthew had not bought us, we would all be looking at unenjoyment.

Don't get me wrong I like 12bar.....I wished him well. I only hope he is not hoping for our downfall. I would hope he knows many here need their jobs and have enough stress on them....All I ask of him is not to kick a dog when he's down. I understand many have an axe to grind against Vitran but I would hope they would understand that many depend on this job to feed their families. And adding undue stress is really uncalled for. Just wish us well like we did him. And just be happy he found a better job with more opportunity. Not everyone is as lucky as him to be in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called a recruiter in MI and was told for five 14 hour days I would gross $900 a week to start. She could give no more info than that.

That is $12.85 per hour, your math and BS does not pass the "smell test". If overtime starts at 55 hours then the starting pay is much lower than $12.85. Cannot believe what you are saying, give us a phone number and the persons name you spoke with please. You guys need to stop posting BS as you are, you look foolish.

That is $12.85 per hour, your math and BS does not pass the "smell test". If overtime starts at 55 hours then the starting pay is much lower than $12.85. Cannot believe what you are saying, give us a phone number and the persons name you spoke with please. You guys need to stop posting BS as you are, you look foolish.

It appears stunfish is still full of himself today. LH does not get hourly pay until they start working dock. I was not asking about p and d.

If you are one fourth stupid as you sound you can still find a recruiters number on ct website. If you are so sure of it call yourself.

That was for my area. Of course that is starting pay. I am sure after ten years of service I would make more.

One thing for sure, when ct takes over they will have ole stunfish to rat on who is not happy. He is already defending manny like a grandpa and has not even had the ct interview.

$900 divided by 70 hrs divided by 50 miles an hour equals 25 cents per mile. Not cool no matter how you look at it.

It just doesn't sound right....25 cents.....No way. Maybe she was told some bad information. Are there really LTL carriers out here that pay 25 cents a mile? You got to be kidding.

In 06 in chicago starting pay at CT was 36CPM 19 AN HOUR. But i was told by a CT lh driver they redid the way they get paid, no more cpm its all on a set pay

As Train said, you are gone and have not a doggie in this hunt. Stop it with your BS, no one has lied as of yet. And right now, everyone has a chance. If Matthew had not bought us, we would all be looking at unenjoyment.

You remind me of a lady I once knew that was in an abusive relationship. She defended her boyfriend's actions until the bitter end. She would always try to justify the beatings she received instead of getting help.

You're right; I don't have a dog in this fight anymore. I am done.

Enjoy the beatings!

You remind me of a lady I once knew that was in an abusive relationship. She defended her boyfriend's actions until the bitter end. She would always try to justify the beatings she received instead of getting help.

You're right; I don't have a dog in this fight anymore. I am done.

Enjoy the beatings!
Trust me 12bar.....After I get slapped around one time by this new man I will be gone. I will probably just go ahead and retire after I hit a couple of fixed objects that won't require police action. Maybe a broken mirror or a ripped off flap, something that will get me fired. I've put up with this place so long I won't get screwed out of my unemployment. I deserve 99 weeks of bliss on the big V's dime. And I plan to collect.