New Penn | It's gonna feel good to get away

Good move BillyJimbojimmybillybobjimbo. Release the pressure and take a breath of fresh air....

don't stand behind me though....

images

Last edited by a moderator:
Good move BillyJimbojimmybillybobjimbo. Release the pressure and take a breath of fresh air....

don't stand behind me though....

images
That always impresses me. We got Nasa working on turning plants into fuel. Cows been doing it for years. :hysterical:

From this garbage company for a while,YRC and New Penn,taking a LOA to drive temporary feeder at ups package.

Freight Sucks

me thinks you're jumping from the frying pan into the fire. After a couple months at UPS you'll be begging to come back

From this garbage company for a while,YRC and New Penn,taking a LOA to drive temporary feeder at ups package.

Freight Sucks

Although I had to move on due to being laid off, I finally got a job out of freight. It's amazing that my new company actually treats their drivers like human beings. I'm still amazed that everything they do is to make it easier on their drivers. Doesn't pay as much (although, what is scale now with the new givebacks? It might be equal to the new scale). Have to pay for insurance, but it's decent insurance. 401K instead of pension. But it's definitely a breath of fresh air.

I moved on 2 years ago. Went to hauling caskets. People are DYING for me to work! Always good to take a 'Breather'!!! (But breathers don't need caskets)...

Best of Luck!

me thinks you're jumping from the frying pan into the fire. After a couple months at UPS you'll be begging to come back

Why in the hell would i beg for a job with no pension and a 4 hour gaurantee,tell me joe.

Seem's to me i am jumping out of the septic tank into the jacuzzi.

If by some chance,someday they offered me a package car job i would jump all over it,for staying at a YRC company for another 5 year's throw's away half of what i need for my 30.

If by some chance YRC make's it the management better have interpreter's for Russian,Polish and Spanish because that is all they are going to be able to employ.

People that can retire will and people that have had enough will eventually leave when another opportunity come's along.

Thank's to
Annieo
CDLGUY
GO40
Jimmy G
Wolf

for the well wishes.

This is only the temp job starting 11/08
till the end of the year.
But it get's me away for a while.

Just wondering....does it pay into our pension fund, since UPS has their own?

If you are in central states i thought they bought out of that.

So i would say no,but neither is YRC,it may open a door for you though,i have heard they keep a list of prospective new hire's from this.

I still cannot figure out what your trying to tell me,could you explain.

View attachment 118

I think i have the clip art thing figured out JOE.

animated_delivery_man_with_boxes.gif
UPS is not the easiest company to work for as you know..they are the worst of the worst crushers. But I hope it works out for you and who knows..maybe they put you on full time

066.jpg

They wont put you on full time because they have hundreds of people working part time with there own part time seniority list waiting to bid on full time jobs. They can hire like 1 in 6 from the 'outside' but full time feeder work has to be offered to all the current f/t people first. Its not impossible,but unlikely to make it f/t. I still wish you the best of luck. This whole YRC thing is depressing and the morale where I work is pathetic. First we had guys begging for work and the company wanted us to take days off without pay so guys could work, now we have NO spares and we cant even get a day off for important family issues. Then of course we have guys who dont give a ::shit:: and just take time off without any replacements and we leave 20 bills setting right on the dock and miss pick-ups. Its getting so I hate going to work. Mismanagement and the threats of getting your barn closed on a daily basis have really raised hell with my quality of life in the last couple of years. But....thank god Im working. feel free to chime in, either for or against my atiitude, I can take it.

They wont put you on full time because they have hundreds of people working part time with there own part time seniority list waiting to bid on full time jobs. They can hire like 1 in 6 from the 'outside' but full time feeder work has to be offered to all the current f/t people first. Its not impossible,but unlikely to make it f/t. I still wish you the best of luck. This whole YRC thing is depressing and the morale where I work is pathetic. First we had guys begging for work and the company wanted us to take days off without pay so guys could work, now we have NO spares and we cant even get a day off for important family issues. Then of course we have guys who dont give a ::shit:: and just take time off without any replacements and we leave 20 bills setting right on the dock and miss pick-ups. Its getting so I hate going to work. Mismanagement and the threats of getting your barn closed on a daily basis have really raised hell with my quality of life in the last couple of years. But....thank god Im working. feel free to chime in, either for or against my atiitude, I can take it.
They can or cant put him on every part of the country is diffrent.... Take a chance you can see where this is going!