ABF | It's in your hands now!

chowda

TB Lurker
Credits
Haven't really seen this addressed yet and sorry to the poster if I missed it. For the last dozen or so years any Teamster trucking website you'd come across was full of leadership complaints some local but an overwhelming number on our national officers. We've come to a crossroads here with ABF's contract proposal. A good deal of what have read claims this is really one sided for the company. Whether its TDU, Wall Street and many investment companies websites. With what we gave up the previous 5 years. I think that's hard to argue with. Not if you can "live" with this contract but is it fair... taking into consideration the type of work we do,often all hours,weekends and layoffs. Many have to work with old half-broken down equipment on top of that. Well now the leadership in many Locals have asked you to vote no. The pension funds have slowly but surely told you that you can say goodbye to your pension as you know it! The raises need to be a little higher in light of the money Arcbest will make with just the tax-cuts. Your local elected leadership has responded and now it's in your hands!

Leadership of the Local I retired from has indicated they’ll recommend “NO”.
Haven’t actually had that confirmed, but the monthly meeting is Saturday.
We’ll see.