It's not over yet!!!

Well we will see if it goes union most likely I'll be looking for a local job,people don't believe me but the union caused me to lose my old job and because of the agreements with the teamsters and YRC I was not ALLOWED to transfer to the LTL division because of the union. So I do have a dislike because of that

sounds like you had a bad experience. I don't know what specific language in your contract prevented you from transferring to the local board. I know at NCT if you start road and regional you can transfer based on availability. I believe local 107 will have language installed with that aspect of the job. If you're a local driver now, you should retain your status.

Isnt Glen Moore a totally separate company under the YRC Umbrella? That may be the reason for not allowing the transfer. At NC isnt it all one employer?
Just different job classifications. Transfers should be no problem, as long as there is a need in that department

It depends on how you determined " separate" we had a few union drivers who pulled the YRC freight,but we where not allowed to call any shoots with out the permission of YRC,in. 2003 Glen Moore was debit free,the whole division had no debit,by 2006 98% of the company was in debit,the trucks where ordered and 3 times under YRC the money was deverted at the last minute to "other means" they told me I could NOT join any union division of YRC at all because "NO GLEN MOORE DRIVERS WHO WHERE EMPLOYED BY CELDION AT THE TIME OF THE SELL OFF" the 3 different people I spoke with told me the same thing,one person who was the terminal manger of one of the places told me that it's because of a union agreement on behalf of the Teamsters agreement with YRC,however when YRC had a bunch of layoff in 07/08 Glen Moore was forced to hire the layed off employes.. So to say their seperate is a matter of view.

Maybe NCT can get the same great deal YRC got.... or ABF...
Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? I'm at $22.50 or so per hour, OT (OT is time and a half if you're unfamiliar with it) after 8, OT on and Sat work, double time on any Sun or holiday work. I also get about nine (9) paid holidays, five sick days and four personal days. I get four (4) weeks vacation and can use my 4th week in days any time throughout the year. My wish for NCT drivers would be for at least that.
sounds like you had a bad experience. I don't know what specific language in your contract prevented you from transferring to the local board. I know at NCT if you start road and regional you can transfer based on availability. I believe local 107 will have language installed with that aspect of the job. If you're a local driver now, you should retain your status.
This type of language is all a subject of negotiations and you should be making a list of what you want if you think you will have your day as union workers (and it seems like it is headed that way). I know of two New Penn shops that have different language on what you are talking about. In Reading, PA they bid every year and can bounce back and forth between the road and city boards as they see fit. In Philly (Cinnaminson, Pensauken or whatever they call it) they are confined to the road board or city board, whichever they chose at the beginning. They would have to quit and start again on the bottom if they wanted to change. I find it odd that there would be such a drastic difference between the two shops but there is.

Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? I'm at $22.50 or so per hour, OT (OT is time and a half if you're unfamiliar with it) after 8, OT on and Sat work, double time on any Sun or holiday work. I also get about nine (9) paid holidays, five sick days and four personal days. I get four (4) weeks vacation and can use my 4th week in days any time throughout the year. My wish for NCT drivers would be for at least that.
And I sincerely apologize for leaving two things out.
1) I have no weekly deduction for health insurance.
2) I have over $7.00/hr contributed to my pension. Unfortunately it is capped at 40 hours per week.
So...is this the kind of deal you look down upon for a union worker?

these guys who post on here that are against the union ae not drivers...they are office workers , managers and salesman.....who ALL i might add are not posting anymore and are shaking in their boots...their gravy train is over...only because the great people of NCTY that stood together !!

let me speak for myself and thats crap... have you ever stopped to think o hey there were 94 people who VOTED NO?

i cant speak for the other people on here but gimmie a break

havent felt the need to post as much the union isnt here, didnt win, still on here reading but the topic of conversation recently has been focused on the darksky guy...

let me speak for myself and thats crap... have you ever stopped to think o hey there were 94 people who VOTED NO?

i cant speak for the other people on here but gimmie a break

have you stopped and think that over 94 people voted YES......considering NCTY laughed at the UNION and had people posing on here pretending to be drivers and all of a sudden dont post ? suspicious huh ?

the same can be said for the Obvious union plants on here...uwork4me,

the vote ends, they didnt win and the pro-union-teamster plants have quieted down or disappeared...

could just be me but i think its better not to be on here tearing up each others opinions

just playing the waiting game... but if you guys still want to banter back and forth with your anti-union propaganda bring it on. Sad note...just spoke to a new hire...only been there for 6 months. The company told him not to pay attention to what the " old timers " are saying about the union...they never had it so good!!!! REALLY?????? SO GOOD?????? That new hire, after talking to the OLD TIMERS voted YES!!!!!!! Thanks management.... for swaying the new hires!!!!!