ODFL | It's not your name on the door.

When you are of no value to them, they are done with you Plan and simple.

So many guys don't get it. It's a business. You're not a friend or relative, but an employee to the corporation. I don't understand the emotional attachment some have to their company as if they somehow owe them something for employing them.

You are selling them a service at the expense of your best years and health. Your job is to get as much for that for as long as you can.

As TrucknFool states, when you're of little to no value to them they're going to rid themselves of you quickly, regardless of tenure.

It's okay to have pride in your job and all, but understand that they don't give a damn about you.

So many guys don't get it. It's a business. You're not a friend or relative, but an employee to the corporation. I don't understand the emotional attachment some have to their company as if they somehow owe them something for employing them.

You are selling them a service at the expense of your best years and health. Your job is to get as much for that for as long as you can.

As TrucknFool states, when you're of little to no value to them they're going to rid themselves of you quickly, regardless of tenure.

It's okay to have pride in your job and all, but understand that they don't give a damn about you.
That is why I have zero loyalty to any company now. If something that may suit me better or be a good opportunity for me , I have no problem moving on. I spent 20 years a one Large LTL company and I gave that up so I have the go- nads to do it again. The job market is starting to open up well with some great opportunities , and I am to old to put up with a bunch of crap from any of them. The pay should keep going up as the Driver's pool goes down.

Enlighten us as to how seniority matters at OD. Haven't you been on here complaining about that in the past?

As far as tenure goes, I know a few who were shown what that means the first time they became ill. It was a termination letter in the mail the minute twelve weeks were up. (FMLA)

I know most all of your post are tongue in cheek, just pointing that out for some of our resident kool-aid drinkers who may think they actually matter to any company.

No. I only brag about it because I've been with the company longer than anyone posting here except Jim.

Enlighten us as to how seniority matters at OD. Haven't you been on here complaining about that in the past?

As far as tenure goes, I know a few who were shown what that means the first time they became ill. It was a termination letter in the mail the minute twelve weeks were up. (FMLA)

I know most all of your post are tongue in cheek, just pointing that out for some of our resident kool-aid drinkers who may think they actually matter to any company.

I matter to OD, they show their appreciation in my bank account every week...

And if you ask if any of us care the general consensus would be no...

I went to a Donald Trump rally last year. BillyLo walked right out on stage with President Trump, and the President even had his arm around Billy.

What did it for me was when the old lady beside me became angry and said "Hey! Who's that sumbitch up there with Billy!?"

I went to a Donald Trump rally last year. BillyLo walked right out on stage with President Trump, and the President even had his arm around Billy.

What did it for me was when the old lady beside me became angry and said "Hey! Who's that sumbitch up there with Billy!?"

I didn't get to know Dave as much as Earl but glad he could sit next to the president the other month. Trump would have so much respect if he saw what I do for the Trucking
industry if he only took time to read truckingboards.