Central Transport | It's official: West coast terminals are closing aug 3.

we never had a considerable footprint out there to begin with, so drivers run to many miles for amount of bills. 1` terminal cannot service LA if your service is to be taken seriously

It makes no sense at all......So I'm just going to blame it on the Canadian's not knowing their azz's from a hole in the ground....Because they call the shots. It's their division and their money and long as my check keeps clearing the bank I really don't care anymore.

well, let's throw sales under the wheel too. my TM said our rates were to dam cheap heading west, and to high coming back east (meaning CA and WA)

cheap freight to fill a trailer from CHI to PIT is one thing, but to go from PIT to LAX is *******

I am going to play LUCIfers advocate.

We have all been waiting for a shoe to drop. We have discussed selling and closing in many different forms. We all agree changes need to happen and this is one way to save/make more money.

Please understand I am not saying all is well. However, I think this shows that the investors are still in the game. Maybe for only a short time, and perhaps just long enough to sell, but nonetheless they see a way forward.

I see more cuts coming to LH in the rest of the system.

To me this is not a surprise. Keylon has been cutting since he got here (some cuts good, some counterproductive). I also hear several billing people lost their job in Pitt and Indy will handle billing from now on.

I hope we are narrowing our foot print and now going to focus on service. I have said for quite awhile that we need to get our s*%# together before we try to get more customers. Any customer we do get the chance are good we will screw them over and not get them back.

We have all been waiting for a shoe to drop. We have discussed selling and closing in many different forms. We all agree changes need to happen and this is one way to save/make more money.

Please understand I am not saying all is well. However, I think this shows that the investors are still in the game. Maybe for only a short time, and perhaps just long enough to sell, but nonetheless they see a way forward.

I see more cuts coming to LH in the rest of the system.

To me this is not a surprise. Keylon has been cutting since he got here (some cuts good, some counterproductive). I also hear several billing people lost their job in Pitt and Indy will handle billing from now on.

I hope we are narrowing our foot print and now going to focus on service. I have said for quite awhile that we need to get our s*%# together before we try to get more customers. Any customer we do get the chance are good we will screw them over and not get them back.[/QUOTE
Yep same day as the closing of the terminals out west. The billing department and line hual dispatch (east) will be moving to Indy.

so who is going to occupy that big nice new building they leased just in PIT before CK came on board? maybe put OS&D all in one spot so they can compare notes?

I hope we are narrowing our foot print and now going to focus on service. I have said for quite awhile that we need to get our s*%# together before we try to get more customers. Any customer we do get the chance are good we will screw them over and not get them back.

not trying to look bad to you all, but closing the west was a needed idea. it is sorry when it comes down to this, but it is called progress, something that has been very short lately around here.. boss's need to put the survival of the company above personal needs, for to long each old division has been doing their thing instead of working together as one for a common good (i know, sounds like the movie Gung Ho, but it rings true)

not trying to look bad to you all, but closing the west was a needed idea. it is sorry when it comes down to this, but it is called progress, something that has been very short lately around here.. boss's need to put the survival of the company above personal needs, for to long each old division has been doing their thing instead of working together as one for a common good (i know, sounds like the movie Gung Ho, but it rings true)

This is only a guess, but I imagine Gaetz had to go to get this done. We know it is all about the buck, but it is easy to get blinded in the middle of trying to turn a company around. Gaetz oversaw an operation going from coast to coast. I am sure it would be very personal to be told to downsize to half the country by area.

Hate it that there will be workers lose their job, but this freight has to be moved by someone so hopefully there will be job openings for these folks.

so who is going to occupy that big nice new building they leased just in PIT before CK came on board? maybe put OS&D all in one spot so they can compare notes?

Probably the reason the building was leased and not bought to begin with. I think they are shrinking the company and will shrink back down to the original corporate office size in no time. Either that or its going to come down to PITT vs IND. Only one will last. I would bet it would be the one with CK's office if I had to guess (aka PITT).

Well they picked a great time of year. Everyone that gets hired any where else will most likely get laid of come winter. Most company's on the west coast already hired what the need unless you want to work for peanuts!