I've dumped my cable service becoming member of the cord cutters

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
I was with Time Warner cable for as long as they were in our area.
However when Spectrum took over,& I got my first monthly bill from them,I took my box back.

Then went to my local Best Buy store & purchased an outside antenna,& bolted it to the edge of my roof.
I was amazed at the clarity of the picture on the 3 local channels,MeTV,& a few other channels.

I really don't care about TV,but my wife has favorite programs,where the antenna made her very happy.
For awhile that is,although I think she is having cable TV withdrawals,& wishes there were more channels.

Well wouldn't you know she saw a device called Tick Box advertised,that claimed it could draw in a lot of programs & movies.
To make her happy I shelled out the $100.00 & had it sent to us.
So we've had this thing for about 2 weeks & even with you tube instructions,she is upset with me,because I can't figure out how to get it to work on our TV.

Was wondering if any of my fellow trucking board members have heard of this thing?
If so can you give me a heads up on how to set it up,so I'll have a happier wife.

This company has a tech support phone number which I called,but a voice said their mail box was full.
Oh my,red light alert,I was not happy hearing that message.
Thanks if any of you can help me out,however if not,I see a $100.00 of my retirement gone down the drain.

Thanks SuperCourse,for the bad news,I should have started this topic before I shelled out my money.
I paid with my America Express,& so I see my hundred bucks have sprouted wings & flown off into their pockets.

Thanks SuperCourse,for the bad news,I should have started this topic before I shelled out my money.
I paid with my America Express,& so I see my hundred bucks have sprouted wings & flown off into their pockets.

I'd check with AE and see if they have buyer protection on fraudulent purchases. I don't know if credit cards do that but it's worth a try.

sorry, but no, i don't. you will have to try online searching, maybe message boards that specialize in the new box.

Then went to my local Best Buy store & purchased an outside antenna,& bolted it to the edge of my roof.
I was amazed at the clarity of the picture on the 3 local channels,MeTV,& a few other channels.
What antenna did you get? They do bring in HD and it is a nice picture. MeTV is one of my favorite channel groups (there are four channels of it for me (no pun intended)). And what direction is your antenna pointed in vs where the stations are? Here's a web site where you can plug in your address and it will tell you what direction the towers are from your location. I get many more than this site says I will. You should point your antenna in the direction most of them are located. I have found that just a small change in direction will gain and lose a channel or two.

Yes thanks ABFer I did the zip code website to see where I should aim my antenna.
So I know I'm getting the most out of it for my area,my wife seemed to be happy with what we could receive,until she saw that ad.
Even though METV comes in great,she just seemed dissatisfied after awhile.
We also bring in a movie channel called ThisTV, that plays older movies,one after another.

We are both retired now,living on SSI & the pensions we earned,where we have to watch our spending more than when we were both working.
So dumping the high priced cable bill was a good move.

I'm just back from church tonight, & have read the comments here which I have shared with my wife.
Now she says,see if I can get our money back,yeah right good luck with that,after Super Course posted that scam website.

I'm thinking I'm going to just take the loss,chalk it up to not doing my homework before making a costly purchase.

I do really appreciate all of the comments posted,I really do value the opinions of most of the trucking board members.

Yes thanks ABFer I did the zip code website to see where I should aim my antenna.
So I know I'm getting the most out of it for my area,my wife seemed to be happy with what we could receive,until she saw that ad.
Even though METV comes in great,she just seemed dissatisfied after awhile.
We also bring in a movie channel called ThisTV, that plays older movies,one after another.

We are both retired now,living on SSI & the pensions we earned,where we have to watch our spending more than when we were both working.
So dumping the high priced cable bill was a good move.

I'm just back from church tonight, & have read the comments here which I have shared with my wife.
Now she says,see if I can get our money back,yeah right good luck with that,after Super Course posted that scam website.

I'm thinking I'm going to just take the loss,chalk it up to not doing my homework before making a costly purchase.

I do really appreciate all of the comments posted,I really do value the opinions of most of the trucking board members.

Apo, I've been doing a little more research on that Tick Box and I'm not so sure it's a scam. You may just need some help getting it up and running. You got any tech savvy younger people you could ask for help?

Yes I did watch a lot of those you tube video's most in fact,however after hooking it to the TV per the directions.
I can't get it to the point of any of the wireless connections.
As simple as these video instructions are they seem to be leaving out the point I'm stuck on.
Then to call the company tech support like the written directions say & get a full mail box message.

I figured why not take a chance of starting this topic on the trucking board to see if any of you have hooked this thing up.

Yes I did watch a lot of those you tube video's most in fact,however after hooking it to the TV per the directions.
I can't get it to the point of any of the wireless connections.
As simple as these video instructions are they seem to be leaving out the point I'm stuck on.
Then to call the company tech support like the written directions say & get a full mail box message.

I figured why not take a chance of starting this topic on the trucking board to see if any of you have hooked this thing up.

Did you take the USB thingy out of the handheld and plugged it in? Charged the handheld up? Try the chat on that site, I use chat sometimes, it's slow with all the typing, but faster than getting no response at all.

Yes I did take that HMI piece & plugged it into the box per the instructions.
I've decided to go to Best Buy & purchase a 25 foot HMI cable to plug into my rotor & the Tick Box
If hard wiring works,my wife will be happy & my 100 bucks will have been well spent to avoid the high cable bills.
However if it doesn't work I can always return the cord to Best Buy & get my 15 bucks back.

I'm busy with a family picnic today,but as soon as I get the cable & see if I can get this box to work.
I shall return to this topic & let you know the rest of the story,thanks again for all of the responses.

Look anything like this?
soTFcGD.jpg

I like the chromecast. Can't watch everything with it but there is a bunch. Much more is available if you get a friend to give you their cable or satellite information to sign into all those channels. But I mainly watch stuff off my phone, and youtube, on tv. My wife watches her daytime soaps at night, so she can actually sit down and see them. I've found several websites that I can watch movies from for free. Plus, it's all done from my phone.
tPHOKgz.jpg