ABF | I've never been one to start a rumor.......

Teamster251

TB Regular
Credits
........but, I have it from a good source its a done deal. The announcement will come June 19th that UPS has purchased the largest, stand alone union carrier left in these great states.

We have been hearing about a BIG announcement coming on June 7th. Either way, nobody knows for sure but the higher-ups and they ain't speakin'.:hysterical:

Teamster251: Hmmm. U have posted on the UPS Package/ABF forum in regards to the addition to a LTL Company being added to the UPS Portfolio. Also I see a message to APO to e mail you. Not that I am an investigator but are these clues to your source of a BIG LTL takeover!! You have advised previously and the dates keep changing. Ironing out the wrinkles of this mega deal to come? Come on, stop playing the role of a tease and let the cat out of the bag.

........but, I have it from a good source its a done deal. The announcement will come June 19th that UPS has purchased the largest, stand alone union carrier left in these great states.

In the june edition of ABF by-lines in response to the question of UPS buying ABF, the president stated that "In my opinion, the most likely scenario, by far, is that ABF will continue to compete independently and effectively against large, diversified companies like UPS, FedEx and eventually DHL"

So if he says it probably won't happen, then Teamster251 is probably right & UPS will probably buy ABF

So the new ABF uniforms could be a combo of green ,and brown.
Mix those two colors together and you get army camo colors.

But all kidding aside,this doesn't sound to good for us UPS Freight workers seeing we are still non-union,and you ABF folks are Teamsters.
If something like this does happen I can only see UPS using what they want from both freight companies,and selling off the rest.
Its anyones guess with all of UPS's money how this whole deal will work out if its not just a rumor.

I guess I'll have to go with my Apostolic brother,Skeeters famous saying.

TIME WILL TELL!

Has anyone heard of ABF's PSE / Regional Model. The company establishes the fact that as a union carrier, the company has service restraints which restricts company growth and competition with other LTL carriers. I believe the company recently sent info pertaining to this model. Seems as if they are setting the stage considering the information being distributed and the continual rumor of a buyout.

Truckingboards... the "Smoking Gun" of LTL Trucking

So the new ABF uniforms could be a combo of green ,and brown.
Mix those two colors together and you get army camo colors.

But all kidding aside,this doesn't sound to good for us UPS Freight workers seeing we are still non-union,and you ABF folks are Teamsters.
If something like this does happen I can only see UPS using what they want from both freight companies,and selling off the rest.
Its anyones guess with all of UPS's money how this whole deal will work out if its not just a rumor.

I guess I'll have to go with my Apostolic brother,Skeeters famous saying.

TIME WILL TELL!

T-251 Just might be on to something. We have a mandatory meeting June 18th.
Maybe that big announcement is coming. :biglaugh:

T-251, If that happens June 19th you would be #1 on the truckingboards.

Maybe even bigger than Jeff. :funky:

Come on now Skeeter you know better.
Jeff owns this site,you've got to know in any kingdom theres only one king!

I Hate Rumors

I think this is a whole load of (you fill in the blanks). My thinking on this is( of course they don't pay me to think, they just pay me to move freight and look good) if this was a big merger the cat would be out of the bag,somewhere out there in this big world we call the web and beyond there is some explaination.:chairshot:

With all the money UPS has to play with.
They could buy any trucking company any time they decide its going to work out for their total transportation plan.

If this is a done deal,I'm sure they will weed out the best of everything within both companies and dump the rest.
I mean sell off the rest.
They would have the best terminals,equipment,power units,and customers.
All of us workers would be delt with in some way,or another.
I'm clueless on that issue?

I was thinking today this maybe a very good thime to take a loan out against the total value of my farm.
Then buy up all of the ABF stock.

I know whoever had the Overnite stock really made out good when UPS bought them out.
They gave somewhere around $43.00,for all of the stock,that originally had gone for $19.00.
I'd of wished I knew UPS was going to guy all the Overnite stok to be the soul owner of my old trucking company.
I surelly would have got a second mortgage to have my money doubled.

I bet all the Overnite upper management types got rich over that sale in 2005.
But you know what they say about hindsight.
Yup its worthless.

Although with this rumor thats sounding pretty good I may just buy up a few shares of ABF to pad my retirement.

Maybe they will buy ABFand spin off ups freight.ABFis a more profitable classy company.

As far as profitability you are dead wrong!! As far as worlwide growth , you are all wrong, man people must look outside of the box, but I guess it is hard for truck drivers to do that, 3PL My fellow truck drivers ,3PL.

We are also having a mandatory meeting on the 19th of June, And no one is going to spin off anybody, you shall all see.

We will all be one big happy company if it happens. Everyone thought menlo was going to be sold off and intergrated, has'nt happened yet, as a matter of fact they are bailing us out. And thier profitability was garbage operating at 110%. UPS turned that around, and they will turn aroung UPSF.

These buyout's are happening worldwide, it's all about market share, only on a global scale. UPS is #4 in the 3PL game, DHL being #1.