J-1 Terminal leaves co.

i hear ya buddy but, even when its in one of our shops and getting a PM, service still sucks. you dont get yours back for a few days. hang in there i know what ya mean

New FD

Rumor has it they are still talking to people inside and out to replace Todd. No real time table. All I know is thats a big oppuration to run....so they better findf the right guy

Steve Wilson is pulling double-duty as VP and J1 FD for now. I saw they still have the FD position on the Human Resources website, so I would have to assume we haven't found anyone yet. Plus with J9's load shifting down to J1, they are going to have to find one crazy SOB to do this job!

What's The Problem?

The past few weeks, shuttles/relays from J1 to Ashland have consistently been running late. Not just an hour or so, but several hours;sometimes they haven't even started loading them @ cut time. This has always been a problem for unscheduled shuttles, especially on Saturday, but now it seems as if there's no priority to get the shuttles out on time. What's up? If anybody can shed light on the problem, I'd like to know.

Hey Gabbydad, maybe you can enlighten me.

Quick answer: J1 got all of J9's freight and none of J9's dock workers. They have dock guys working 16-hour days just to stay 4 hours behind schedule. We had 6 months to prepare for this, but rumor has it people at J1 were told not to hire extra dock workers. People with 15 years in the office are getting canned for looking at the internet too long, I certainly hope someone loses their job over this bonehead move.

Bonehead Move? Not.

I herd something slightly different. That we had a huge end of month...like millions of pounds more than usual....and 4th of july being midweek screwed us up.

SOme guys who have been here longer than me can answer this - i herd that we used to handle more tonnage years ago before we opened J9. Thats why we opened it. So why we can't handle less tonnage without it makes no sense to me. I just drive and go where I'm told.

Yeah on good riddance!

:1036316054: That ops vp doesn't seem to put up with people who don't want to do thier job once they are identified...give him a few more days and I bet we'll have a better ops and better attitudes.

Well guys im done orientation and ready to run local for J1. I know its been crazy this past week ive seen thru out class. With people coming in and interupting, calling on the phone to all the instructors. I start monday at 5am going to baltimore area. well i will probaly meet some of you out there. thanks for all of the good words on here!!!!:1036316054:

Right now we had a monster end of month along with the absorbing of J9.

Give it a couple more days. It's a temporary situation that we'll get through.

:1036316054:

Has anyone thought about bringing in help from the other terms and running a day shift?
I'm sure some guys would like a litte change of scenery

Support Team....

In fact I would like to see a support team of drivers etc. to be able to go to the other terminals to help out when they are having trouble hiring people.\ or short on help when we are busy....

Explain that to Mr. Gabbydaddy he seems to think the drivers make enough without overtime,there is no such thing as enough pay!! compare 70 hrs at straight time with 70 hours with 30 hours of overtime WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE????