J.B. Hunt Power Only

bigdog53

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have any experience with running Power Only Freight at J.B. Hunt?

I like the idea of being able to use my authority and insurance, but am not to found of the rates in the $1.70-1.75 range on loaded miles.

What is the advantage to running with them?

--Rick

That would be the Haul Our Trailers and We Pay You??
Did they give you the 48 hours quick pay line?
If so, read on and I know of NO advantage. If not, sorry and Best Wishes.

We tried it twice, first in '07, second in '09., third without me early '11.
One of their trailers was held hostage, like such matters to jb hunt and they retrieved it after 3 months.

Our "pay" was LOWER than what initially they and WE agreed plus the 48 hour quick pay became 2-3 weeks.

Personally I would not attempt it, but you might be lucky and nothing goes wrong if it's the same program or the recently updated one.

CHEERS!!

Alot has changed with this program

I was skeptical at first but Derek one of the recruiters talked me through it and after the first of the year they had some positive changes.
60 days and 30 loads you get pay rate increase. I tried it a couple weeks ago and it is not perfect but made money. had some wait time on trailers but not
as bad as people have made it out to be.
I have derek info somewhere he will tell you straight and not sugar coat it.

i forgot derek also put me in contact with brokered fright with jb hunt cause i got my own trailer and they have already called with some of that info too. I only ran 7 days and was actually able to talk to some
in ics at jb hunt using my own trailer when they probably never talked to me with my authority being so new.