TForce | Jack Holmes does the country!

from my understanding you get 1 organizer to talk to your loc and they make the dec you will need to sign the ups freight cards that the loc will have starting this week our meeting is dec 29th in colosprgs co ill let u know how it goes from there..

I heard that no cards will be given out until after 1-4-08.

from my understanding you get 1 organizer to talk to your loc and they make the dec you will need to sign the ups freight cards that the loc will have starting this week our meeting is dec 29th in colosprgs co ill let u know how it goes from there..

I heard that no cards will be given out until after 1-4-08.

That is for INDY, I do not know how many times I have to post that ins cost vary from state to state. I also did not attack or lable you in my post. Though I have in the past I'm sure.:biglaugh:

You are correct right now not everyone is paying the the same cost for health coverage! I believe these $$ vary from state to state but with the contract the rates are locked in for the duration of the aggreement. These rates are as followed:

employee-$50 month or $11.53 wk
employee + 1-$100 month or $23.07 wk
employee + multiple-$150 month or $34.61

And right now my insurance is going up to $65 a week with the same coverage the contract has to offer! So here is the math on the savings:

Now yearly $3380!!!
With contract insurance yearly (that is same coverage)-$1799.72

Saving of....$1,580.28

Union dues will be calculated at 2.5 your hourly rate and I am calculating this off of .65 increase for next year so that puts me a city driver @ $22.15 hr. so the dues will be $55.37 a month.

$55.37 x 12 months for the dues is $664.44

Saving off insurace is $1,580.28 minus my dues $664.44 equals still a savings in my pocket of $$$915.84!!!

Not to mention I have contract and job protection!

That is for INDY, I do not know how many times I have to post that ins cost vary from state to state. I also did not attack or lable you in my post. Though I have in the past I'm sure.:biglaugh:

You are correct right now not everyone is paying the the same cost for health coverage! I believe these $$ vary from state to state but with the contract the rates are locked in for the duration of the aggreement. These rates are as followed:

employee-$50 month or $11.53 wk
employee + 1-$100 month or $23.07 wk
employee + multiple-$150 month or $34.61

And right now my insurance is going up to $65 a week with the same coverage the contract has to offer! So here is the math on the savings:

Now yearly $3380!!!
With contract insurance yearly (that is same coverage)-$1799.72

Saving of....$1,580.28

Union dues will be calculated at 2.5 your hourly rate and I am calculating this off of .65 increase for next year so that puts me a city driver @ $22.15 hr. so the dues will be $55.37 a month.

$55.37 x 12 months for the dues is $664.44

Saving off insurace is $1,580.28 minus my dues $664.44 equals still a savings in my pocket of $$$915.84!!!

Not to mention I have contract and job protection!

post #16 says insurance cost are not set, post #1 says he will save money, do you two want to deceide who knows what there talking about?

That is great it works out for you, you would be crazy not to vote yes, you must be a city driver becuase you are talking about hourly raises, as I posted in another tread all hourly employees lose nothing, and gain across the board and you gain ot after 8, you guys really get a good deal.

but in my case my medical, extra life and extra accidental death currently comes to a whopping $7.06 per week.

so there is an increase of atleast $25 per month but added extra coverage has not been priced under the pending contract and will cost more.

I would lose about $3000 a year in 401k match, and I would lose about $290 a week in drop and hook pay, and I have to pay $58 a month for dues, so total I am around $18,000 in the hole.

1. How much will the $3000 in 401k match grow with intrest over 25 years?

2. I might be able to recoup the drop and hook pay but I will have to work 14 hours everyday, by working 3 more hours everyday just to make the same mount of money as before working at 11-12.

It seems they robbed the road drivers and paid the city drivers.

post #16 says insurance cost are not set, post #1 says he will save money, do you two want to deceide who knows what there talking about?

That is great it works out for you, you would be crazy not to vote yes, you must be a city driver becuase you are talking about hourly raises, as I posted in another tread all hourly employees lose nothing, and gain across the board and you gain ot after 8, you guys really get a good deal.

but in my case my medical, extra life and extra accidental death currently comes to a whopping $7.06 per week.

so there is an increase of atleast $25 per month but added extra coverage has not been priced under the pending contract and will cost more.

I would lose about $3000 a year in 401k match, and I would lose about $290 a week in drop and hook pay, and I have to pay $58 a month for dues, so total I am around $18,000 in the hole.

2. I might be able to recoup the drop and hook pay but I will have to work 14 hours everyday, by working 3 more hours everyday just to make the same mount of money as before working at 11-12.

Yes, the ins. cost are stated in the contract, if we want lower ins cost we will have to gie up somthing else.

The only thing I can give up is my first born child. Or maybe make a payment or 2 on my new volvo road tractor for them.

Yes, the ins. cost are stated in the contract, if we want lower ins cost we will have to gie up somthing else.

The only thing I can give up is my first born child. Or maybe make a payment or 2 on my new volvo road tractor for them.

Dues are an item that can be claimed on a long form of deductions when you file your taxes.
Contributions to health care,are something that you pay out per month to have the coverage,but can it be claimed as a write off for taxes?
I think the only time you can write off health care is when you pay the entire premium costs.

Dues are an item that can be claimed on a long form of deductions when you file your taxes.
Contributions to health care,are something that you pay out per month to have the coverage,but can it be claimed as a write off for taxes?
I think the only time you can write off health care is when you pay the entire premium costs.

I met with the loc 12 20 they got the call from Ibt to start they assured me tey had the wright cards so we will se on dec 29 ill let you know from there. we are at 80% in favor we looked at it found pos and not much neg in doing it

I met with the loc 12 20 they got the call from Ibt to start they assured me tey had the wright cards so we will se on dec 29 ill let you know from there. we are at 80% in favor we looked at it found pos and not much neg in doing it

post #16 says

When were you told that your 401k was changed? What you read or was told is the company will make available the Teamster 401k and withdraw all funds for the employee. Now I spoke with an IBT organzier just a few weeks ago and he told me has not read anywhere that the match was gone! Now work with ( I am your friend and brother) did he say he knew for sure what was going on with that....no he did not but you and I do not know that for a fact becasue that side of the contract has not yet been made available to the non important people. I do the 401k also and if I loose the match so be it that is not my retirement anyways and I will keep putting money in the 401k becasue it is a good program but that 401k is not your retirement, it is a portion of it that you are trying to build to have extra funds for that new Harley you want to but or pay the rest of your house off, etc.... ! Some people do not even choose to invest money for extra $$$$ during retirement but I do see what you are saying....but get the facts for sure before we post $$$$ you will be losing!

post #16 says

When were you told that your 401k was changed? What you read or was told is the company will make available the Teamster 401k and withdraw all funds for the employee. Now I spoke with an IBT organzier just a few weeks ago and he told me has not read anywhere that the match was gone! Now work with ( I am your friend and brother) did he say he knew for sure what was going on with that....no he did not but you and I do not know that for a fact becasue that side of the contract has not yet been made available to the non important people. I do the 401k also and if I loose the match so be it that is not my retirement anyways and I will keep putting money in the 401k becasue it is a good program but that 401k is not your retirement, it is a portion of it that you are trying to build to have extra funds for that new Harley you want to but or pay the rest of your house off, etc.... ! Some people do not even choose to invest money for extra $$$$ during retirement but I do see what you are saying....but get the facts for sure before we post $$$$ you will be losing!

By the way Brothers and Sisters you all have a right to your choice of Union or not! Please understand this is just dialog and I wish all of you the very best I just know what is best for me and my family and I see the writing on the wall here in the Texas market and the BS that goes on right here in the DFW area and sometimes it is scary! I say UNION YES and GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

By the way Brothers and Sisters you all have a right to your choice of Union or not! Please understand this is just dialog and I wish all of you the very best I just know what is best for me and my family and I see the writing on the wall here in the Texas market and the BS that goes on right here in the DFW area and sometimes it is scary! I say UNION YES and GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

There are few guys in my center who can afford the 401k since they cut all our OT.

There are few guys in my center who can afford the 401k since they cut all our OT.

the only people jimmy is working for is himself to boost their membership so he can keep his job at your expense. I wonder if the central states pension fund was worth it to ups I guess it was...

the only people jimmy is working for is himself to boost their membership so he can keep his job at your expense. I wonder if the central states pension fund was worth it to ups I guess it was...