TForce | Jack Holmes does the country!

I was hired as pt dock then moved to p&d
I was asked to move back to dock and take the leadman spot then I ran inbound then moved to outbound, currently I do all the outbound then run the road, I have done just about everything a person can except hire or fire someone.

I apologize if I quoted you in error but the above post does not state you moved to the road after taking the dock leadman position. So I was just going off what you said and all I see about the road is that you "do all the outbound then run the road":smilie_132:

I was hired as pt dock then moved to p&d
I was asked to move back to dock and take the leadman spot then I ran inbound then moved to outbound, currently I do all the outbound then run the road, I have done just about everything a person can except hire or fire someone.

I apologize if I quoted you in error but the above post does not state you moved to the road after taking the dock leadman position. So I was just going off what you said and all I see about the road is that you "do all the outbound then run the road":smilie_132:

When you become leadman your seniority stays the same and you stay in your classification...leadmen have no real power they just get 25 cents more and where im at have to work harder.

The reason I asked is because here in Dallas a person moved to dock leadman is taken off the dock senority roster and given a new classification with classification senority with the existing dock leadman.

The reason I asked is because here in Dallas a person moved to dock leadman is taken off the dock senority roster and given a new classification with classification senority with the existing dock leadman.
When i took it i told them i wouldnt take it if it affected my classification

So your saying city driver leadman will go to the bottom of the board?

Thinks for the reply on the leadman stuff....anyways I don't think there is any solid facts about the above. As someone once said "time will tell"! I am sure there is something worked out on this because there will be a line draw concering this subject!

I know a guy

Thinks for the reply on the leadman stuff....anyways I don't think there is any solid facts about the above. As someone once said "time will tell"! I am sure there is something worked out on this because there will be a line draw concering this subject!
I know a guy in indy and he said that they just take the 25 cents away and it affects nothing.

not all leadman are hand picked pets, at the hub they did not have leadmen and there was no quality control what so ever only 1 superviser for the whole place and quality sucked. They asked the most experienced guys to be leadmen and to guide the newer dockworkers and help control the quality.

thats what im talking about

not all leadman are hand picked pets, at the hub they did not have leadmen and there was no quality control what so ever only 1 superviser for the whole place and quality sucked. They asked the most experienced guys to be leadmen and to guide the newer dockworkers and help control the quality.
Amen brother

But the other side of the argument is we are looked at as management and the union is 100% against that which is why they would punish you by making you go back to the bottom of the senority board, becuase of the so-called classification change from dockleadman to dockworker.

Which to me would be wrong hopefully they do what is posted in response #90

But as you can see from the responses on the forum leadmen are looked at as management and treated with the same regard.

But the other side of the argument is we are looked at as management and the union is 100% against that which is why they would punish you by making you go back to the bottom of the senority board, becuase of the so-called classification change from dockleadman to dockworker.

Which to me would be wrong hopefully they do what is posted in response #90

But as you can see from the responses on the forum leadmen are looked at as management and treated with the same regard.

If you can discipline then you will fall under management.

Well then is there any Indy city drivers,or dockworkers on here that can post whats happened more specificly since they won their union contract?
In stead of just having speculation,and hear-say.
Some one who works at Indy now would be able to make this troublesome topic a lot more clear.

Just my 2 cents.

First post, wow...

Hey everyone, my first post here on this board. Just to FYI, I am a 15 1/2 year Overnite guy. I've been on both sides of the fence. Started as PT dock, Jockey, PU&D, MGMT, & RDDR. I've also been on both sides of the union issue. In MGMT I actually was a part of OVNT fighting the teamsters.

Now things have changed. UPS is not OVNT. I played the whole what's best for me game for a long time. Sometimes things worked out, sometimes not. I've learned over the past few years that what I do or don't do on the job has a direct effect on the other guys I work with. What's always best for me personally and short term is more than likely going to hurt another co-worker somewhere along the line. I am in this for the long term. I have kids now, 1 - 18 mo old, & 1 - 2 mo old. I can no longer think about what is best for me next week, or next year. I have to do what is best for my family for the next 20 years. What is best for me for the next 20 years is also what is best for every guy I go to work with; Stability, security in employment and $$$$. As a stand alone worker at UPS, you have nothing standing between you and the street. I do not care how good or talented you think you may be. I don't care how buddy-buddy you think you are with your TM. At UPS and any large corporation, EVERYONE is replaceable. And the fact is your replacement will work cheaper than you will. That includes everyone in MGMT. UPS is a meat grinder to any and every employee. Nothing or no one will stand in their way to maximize the bottom line for their shareholders. That's our system here in the USA.

UPS deals with the teamsters becuase they have to deal with them. Period. They don't do it because they think they are bunch of swell guys. It's business for both sides. It just so happens that the teamsters business is protecting the average guys butt for being taken advantage of by the company. The teamsters aren't a bunch of guys sitting up in D.C.

It's me, liebstandarte, & you working together to do what is best for our families and jobs. Long-term it makes no sense for me or the union to stand in the way of UPS being healthy and profitable. But, AND IT IS A HUGE BUT! We have every right and responsiblilty to make sure that ALL of us are healthy and profitable not just the shareholders (of course, of which , I am one).

I am not pro-union or pro-company, I am for whatever benefits me.

So make me a beleiver, show me where I am gonna gain, by voting yes.

We can not be as myoptic to think that we as individuals in a sea of 425,000 other employees are going to be able to take care of ourselves by ourselves. At OVNT you could do it. I did it. Wishing and hoping that things don't change won't make it so. UPS will squeeze every last bit of efficiency and $$$ from every employee, that's what they do. That's why they make $4billion in profit for the shareholders every year. Keep thinking you are on an island and you may well end up on one, alone, and wondering what happened to that really good paycheck you use to get.

Peace and Merry CHRIST-MASS to all,
TX_jarhead

:smilie_132: